what controllers does the ltt forum use??

adarw

what controller(s) do you use?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. what controller(s) do you use?

2. 2. what is your favorite controller

• xbox original
    • xbox 360
    • xbox 1
    • ps1
    • ps2
    • ps3
    • ps4
    • ps5
    • nintedo switch oldie
    • nintedo switch newie
    • comment

what controllers does the ltt forum use??

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

I'm building a PC for emulation / mame / etc, and it'll be using Wii U and XBox 360 pads.

Beyond that we shall see. 

1 minute ago, tkitch said:

Wii U

i was going to incude this but i didnt think there was someone crazy to use it in a pc. i was clearly wrong. lol

-----------------

#

PS2 or Switch Pro controller for emulation, though I think there's a way to use my 3DS as a controller in which case I will do that.

elephants

'nintendo oldie' and 'nintendo newie', I am just wondering what would fit in what category? There really isn't one distinct style of Nintendo controller:

image.png.abdf86cef59b89e3e38afca9cd3baa33.png

(And this chart is even omitting some stuff, like the Wii Nunchuk or Classic Controller (Pro), the Wii U pro controller and more).

So I am more just curious where you draw the line between old and new here 😅

Either way, I have used most of the controllers in the list, it just depends on the system I am playing on. As for PC gaming, I tend to stick to the Xbox One controller, because I have it, it's pretty comfortable and feature-ready for most games, plus it has excellent compatibility with all types of games on PC.

The GameCube controller still ranks among my favorite controllers ever, not only for its excellent build quality, but also because of its (most unmatched) level of comfort IMO. The C-stick, lack of a second shoulder button on the left, mediocre D-pad and lack of buttons in the center is however a bit disappointing.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I have a Dualsense and Xbox controller. Xbox is the easy winner for me. Dualsense started getting loose triggers after a month and it seems to be common to get stick drift too (I don't have it after 7 months so I guess I'm lucky)

Xbox controller has 0 issues, and has better compatibility. Only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it's not rechargable

9 minutes ago, minibois said:

'nintendo oldie' and 'nintendo newie', I am just wondering what would fit in what category? There really isn't one distinct style of Nintendo controller:

image.png.abdf86cef59b89e3e38afca9cd3baa33.png

(And this chart is even omitting some stuff, like the Wii Nunchuk or Classic Controller (Pro), the Wii U pro controller and more).

So I am more just curious where you draw the line between old and new here 😅

Either way, I have used most of the controllers in the list, it just depends on the system I am playing on. As for PC gaming, I tend to stick to the Xbox One controller, because I have it, it's pretty comfortable and feature-ready for most games, plus it has excellent compatibility with all types of games on PC.

The GameCube controller still ranks among my favorite controllers ever, not only for its excellent build quality, but also because of its (most unmatched) level of comfort IMO. The C-stick, lack of a second shoulder button on the left, mediocre D-pad and lack of buttons in the center is however a bit disappointing.

my bad, my opinion would be that the nintendo switch controller and will u would be the newie and everything else the oldie. what do you think?

-----------------

#

Mostly dualshock 2 and sixaxis

Edited by Freakwise

01110100 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 00110111 00110000 00100000 01101001 01101110 01100011 01101000 00100000 01110000 01101100 01100001 01110011 01101101 01100001 00100000 01110011 01100011 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101110 00100000 01110100 01110110

Audio Interface I/O LIST v2

14 minutes ago, adarw said:

my bad, my opinion would be that the nintendo switch controller and will u would be the newie and everything else the oldie. what do you think?

IMO the first two (NES and SNES) are in a category of their own, while the next two (N64 and GameCube) are in a category of their own (together with the Wii U Gamepad, Wii classic controller, Wii U/Switch Pro Controller) as controllers with a modern thumbstick design.

The Wiimote if a class of its own too, same with the Joycons, although those two do have quite a bit in common.

I think those three/four categories of controllers are the distinct types of Nintendo controllers:

- Classic D-pad and button controllers

- Analog sticks added

- Motion control and a classic D-pad/button arrangement

- Joycons (optional, could be in the category above too)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I have a xbone controller and a gamesir t4 for most games, a logitech g27 for driving, and I want to get a flight stick and find some good flying games...
Prefer the gamesir to the xbone, and the wheel for driving
Forgot about the gamesir when I voted...

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

4 hours ago, adarw said:

i was going to incude this but i didnt think there was someone crazy to use it in a pc. i was clearly wrong. lol

why?  They're bluetooth, and work without any real effort!

1 minute ago, tkitch said:

why?  They're bluetooth, and work without any real effort!

lol news to me! 

-----------------

#

4 hours ago, minibois said:

IMO the first two (NES and SNES) are in a category of their own, while the next two (N64 and GameCube) are in a category of their own (together with the Wii U Gamepad, Wii classic controller, Wii U/Switch Pro Controller) as controllers with a modern thumbstick design.

The Wiimote if a class of its own too, same with the Joycons, although those two do have quite a bit in common.

I think those three/four categories of controllers are the distinct types of Nintendo controllers:

- Classic D-pad and button controllers

- Analog sticks added

- Motion control and a classic D-pad/button arrangement

- Joycons (optional, could be in the category above too)

The 16 bit SNES controller is superior to the 8 bit, both in comfort and functionality, but both are excellent pads.

N64 and on are vastly different.  The WiiU gamepad pro is freaking awesome, and I love it.  Very comfy!

The 360 pad is my go to cause, well, it's an Xinput had and I'm invested in both wireless dongles and controllers and they show no sign of becoming obsolete.  For platformers however I'm a big fan of the old Madcatz Fightpad for 360:

This thing was designed as a 'Fighting game game pad' resulting in great button and dpad for platformers.  It also has a switch to assign the dpad to dpad, l-stick or r-stick so it's easily adaptable without even mapping in games.

837375681_00129721.thumb.jpg.9a3c665273096c6c770015eb6aafce5d.jpg

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

I still call it a controller, but the only one I really use anymore is an saitek x52. I've still got my old xbox original big boy as well, but that runs on my 98 machine as the hack usb drivers don't work on 64bit systems

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

Bought an XBox One X controller. Been loving it. Though, I still find PlayStation Controllers (PS2) are more ergonomic. I grew up from Nintendo, so yeah, I always mixed up the buttons.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.