New Motherboard, no TPM, might not be able to play my favorite game anymore

Anubhav singh

I assembled a new rig for myself Ryzen 3 3200G, XPG D30 8GB (single stick running at 1733mhz) and a Galax A320M (I couldn't spend much as it is hard to earn for yourself in India as a student).

I wanted to upgrade to windows 11 because I heard that people were getting slightly better performance on lower end systems as compared to windows 10 but I found out that my motherboard does not have a TPM header or fTPM in it so I contacted the manufacturer about it because I thought that I probably missed a BIOS update or something but they came back with 'Sorry TPM is not supported right now'. Please help me, this a problem because Valorant (the only game i ever play) will not run on windows 11 without tpm 2.0 enabled (even if you somehow install win 11 without tpm) and apparently the same might happen to windows 10 soon which means I won't be able to play that game anymore unless I downgrade to win 7 (I don't wanna). HELP!!!!!

Screenshot (80).png

windows 10 is going to be supported until 2025 so until then youre fine

besides, when 2025 comes around you'll be needing an upgrade anyways

other than that we cant install a tpm on your system or go back in time to change your choice, so for the time being youre stuck with it

1 hour ago, Anubhav singh said:

I assembled a new rig for myself Ryzen 3 3200G

you should just be able to enable secureboot and fTMP in bios. 

fTPM is based on the CPU. So unless for whatever reason your board does not allow you to enable it, you should just be able to enable it. There is also the fact that Windows 10 will be supported for a very long time. 

1 hour ago, Anubhav singh said:

I wanted to upgrade to windows 11 because I heard that people were getting slightly better performance on lower end systems as compared to windows 10 

You're not going to magically get noticeably better performance, don't worry about this.

You can happily use Windows 10 until 2025.

3 hours ago, Anubhav singh said:

I wanted to upgrade to windows 11 because I heard that people were getting slightly better performance on lower end systems as compared to windows 10.

That is Microsoft marketing propaganda and I wouldn't believe a single word of it until I see figures and benchmarks from independent (not Microsoft) sources using the release build. 

Microsoft always say (insert name of latest Windows OS) is the best/fastest/coolest OS yet. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they get it very wrong and sometimes they get some things right and leave people frustrated at things they don't do right. 

Like I said, wait and see what independent outlets have to say when they test the final release build and then even wait a bit longer to ensure that the build is stable and doesn't have some crazy bugs or exploits that might make your system vulnerable.

• 3 months later...

From what i have done, i have GALAX A320M and i have win 11 installed just fine, here are my specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

GPU: Radeon RX 570 Series

Motherboard: GALAX A320M

RAM: 8x2 2666Mhz DDR4

Storage: SSD 120GBx1, HDD 500GBx1

• 3 months later...
On 12/30/2021 at 8:11 AM, RGBlue said:

From what i have done, i have GALAX A320M and i have win 11 installed just fine, here are my specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

GPU: Radeon RX 570 Series

Motherboard: GALAX A320M

RAM: 8x2 2666Mhz DDR4

Storage: SSD 120GBx1, HDD 500GBx1

Are you using windows 11 without TPM? I checked the Bios rom with AMIBCP and it has a fTPM sub menu but I can't unhide or enable it. The reason I'm so keen on getting windows 11 with fTPM is because I won't be able to play valorant without fTPM on windows 11.