AnotherTechGuy

has been a while 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

GIMME GIMME. Man f*ck the NH-D14, im gonna buy this when this comes out :D

btw, from what i read Phanteks colored heatsinks are the exact same as the noctuas, same factory that makes them and everything so if you just buy the Noctua fans you can have a nice colored tower aswell :)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

why bother

the alternatives are cheaper and performs about the same

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

For me, Noctua products isn't necessarily about their performance or how quiet they are. It's about their top-class quality that they are offering with their products, along with a great warranty to back it up.

I see a brown fan and I want to paint it black... (song reference most will miss)

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

Was excited when I saw this topic. But now...

I think if you showed me an NH-D14 and NH-D15 side by side I couldn't tell the difference. Are these changes enough to consider this a separate product?

I think if you showed me an NH-D14 and NH-D15 side by side I couldn't tell the difference. Are these changes enough to consider this a separate product?

The high-profile RAM cutout, slightly better performance (assuming Noctua improved heat dissipation).

That's about it.

High ram compatibility is good enough but the expanded find and heat pipe layout is icing that tops it off.

I don't care what anyone says the D-14 was the pinnacle of air coolers and D-15 is the refined version.

My D-14 basically cools the top par of my case by itself and at 100% i cannot hear it. Everything else in my PC is louder than it. 

Paid a good chunk of money for it but i will never regret getting it. That thing can cool an fx-9590 at a permanent 5 GHz without breaking a sweat.

I see a brown fan and I want to paint it black... (song reference most will miss)

I see a red door and I want to paint it black... Easy to spot.

And with the colors they are using, I don't mind them at all. Function over form.

Definitely looking forward to unboxings and performance reviews of this. Been waiting well over a year for the NH-D14's successor. And I quite like Noctua's fan color scheme, plus it's easily recognizable, which separates itself from the rest.

Rorgash, on 08 Apr 2014 - 4:28 PM, said:

btw, from what i read Phanteks colored heatsinks are the exact same as the noctuas, same factory that makes them and everything so if you just buy the Noctua fans you can have a nice colored tower aswell :)

Yes you're right. But having a coloured heatsink with noctua fans is exactly that pleasing to the eyes don't you think?

Darn. Normally I don't like the looks of Noctua products, but this... Eyegasm.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Yes you're right. But having a coloured heatsink with noctua fans is exactly that pleasing to the eyes don't you think?

im guessing you meant "isnt" and thats easily fixed with a spray can and some tape, a plastic bag and scissors :) also in my opinion seeing that they are Noctua fans in my case makes them look good due to knowing the quality, its like those stupid ass brand crap, they dont look good but that name tag makes them look good...( to some people, NOT ME.. unless its Noctua fans :P )

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Hopefully we'll see more heatsinks adopt a high-RAM clearance.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

Rorgash, on 08 Apr 2014 - 8:45 PM, said:

im guessing you meant "isnt" and thats easily fixed with a spray can and some tape, a plastic bag and scissors :) also in my opinion seeing that they are Noctua fans in my case makes them look good due to knowing the quality, its like those stupid ass brand crap, they dont look good but that name tag makes them look good...( to some people, NOT ME.. unless its Noctua fans :P )

Ahh yupe thats what I meant to write.LOL. I personally don't hate Noctua colour. They stands nicely out among the sea of boring black fans. Might be a problem when you have a colour theme for yor pc,but I've seen some nicely done ones with noctua's colour. I'm using them myself.

Instruction manual

Pics

noctua_nh_d15_1.jpg

noctua_nh_d15_4.jpg

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

About time! :D

Dammit! I cannot catch a break. I thought for sure when I saw TTL's post that I could grab this story to get my 15 minutes of internet fame.

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.