What games could I try?

eurotraction

This may come as awkward a bit but I'm not sure what games to try anymore. Battlefield and Call of Duty got way to repetitive, imho being the same game just looking different with some improved mechanics, GTA V has outlived itself at this point imo. Right now playing CSGO and GTA SA.

Looking to try something from FPS, racing, strategic or third person (similar to GTA and Watch_Dogs) games.

PC specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: RTX 2060

RAM: 8x2 DDR4 3200mhz

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M S2H V2

Case: Deepcool Matrexx 55 Mesh

PSU: Cooler Master 700w

Just added this so in case I run into some issues, there's detail about my PC right underneath

PC 1

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GPU: RTX 3070 | RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 3200mhz | Motherboard: TUF Gaming B450-M Case: Deepcool CC560 | Cooler: darkflash 320mm AIO | PSU: Antec 1000w HCP Platinum

PC 2

CPU: Xeon W3680 (4.41ghz OC) | GPU: MSI Vega 56 Airboost OC | RAM: 20GB DDR3 1600mhz | Motherboard: Asus P6T Case: Zalman R1 | Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX GT A-RGB | PSU: Thermaltake Berlin 630w 80+ Bronze

there's very little you can't run pretty damned well on there, go check some reviews and see?

Hit up isthereanydeal.com and peep the good sales?

humblebundle.com and see if you can grab a good bundle for dirt cheap?

Forza and Need 4 Speed games?

From what I hear, CyberPunk 2077 is really good now after the patching.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

I really enjoyed Control. The setting and atmosphere of the game are excellent. The characters aren't especially well written (except for Ahti the Janitor, who's awesome, and Langston, who's a great comic relief) but the lore is impressively well done. If you've ever enjoyed any SCP stuff, you'll love reading about and interacting with the Altered Items in the game.

The game should run well on your RTX 2060 thanks to DLSS, which looks really good in Control. You can also try out the raytracing, which is also very well implemented. It's up to you whether the hit to the framerate is acceptable, but for a story-driven game like that, I think the visual upgrade is worth it. I use medium RT on my 2060 Super and still get 60fps+ at 1440p with the highest quality DLSS setting. You could likely do the same if you play at 1080p or if you set the DLSS render resolution lower.

3 hours ago, tkitch said:

there's very little you can't run pretty damned well on there, go check some reviews and see?

youre kidding right? on a 2060 he can run any game at 1080p with good graphics at 60fps with absolutely ZERO issues

The Dishonored series is fun, different FPS. Dishonored 2 let's you choose between two characters with two different lists of powers. And you can do fun achievements like no-kill runs.

Borderlands series is another fun FPS series that is more silly than serious. BL3 is most modern but you may want to play at least BL2 first.

The Division 2 was very fun for me. I never played the first but it didn't matter.

Cyberpunk has good story, as does Witcher 3. I also enjoy the pretty atmosphere of the latest Tomb Raider series.

5600x/RTX 4080

“1. Never tell everything at once.” - Ken Venturi's Two Great Rules of Life

3 hours ago, b1bs said:

youre kidding right? on a 2060 he can run any game at 1080p with good graphics at 60fps with absolutely ZERO issues

go reread what I said. 

Bum simulator ($16.19)

Rainbow six siege ($10 or less) 

Apex legends (free)

Dead by daylight ($20 or less) 

I play these games daily. If you want something you can sink some time into the assassin's Creed games are always on sale or you can do the Ubisoft monthly sub to try out a bunch of stuff

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

Thank you for your recommendations! Gonna look into them 😁

10 hours ago, tkitch said:

3 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Bum simulator ($16.19)

Rainbow six siege ($10 or less) 

Apex legends (free)

Dead by daylight ($20 or less) 

I play these games daily. If you want something you can sink some time into the assassin's Creed games are always on sale or you can do the Ubisoft monthly sub to try out a bunch of stuff

5 hours ago, varrys said:

The Dishonored series is fun, different FPS. Dishonored 2 let's you choose between two characters with two different lists of powers. And you can do fun achievements like no-kill runs.

Borderlands series is another fun FPS series that is more silly than serious. BL3 is most modern but you may want to play at least BL2 first.

The Division 2 was very fun for me. I never played the first but it didn't matter.

Cyberpunk has good story, as does Witcher 3. I also enjoy the pretty atmosphere of the latest Tomb Raider series.

9 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

I really enjoyed Control. The setting and atmosphere of the game are excellent. The characters aren't especially well written (except for Ahti the Janitor, who's awesome, and Langston, who's a great comic relief) but the lore is impressively well done. If you've ever enjoyed any SCP stuff, you'll love reading about and interacting with the Altered Items in the game.

The game should run well on your RTX 2060 thanks to DLSS, which looks really good in Control. You can also try out the raytracing, which is also very well implemented. It's up to you whether the hit to the framerate is acceptable, but for a story-driven game like that, I think the visual upgrade is worth it. I use medium RT on my 2060 Super and still get 60fps+ at 1440p with the highest quality DLSS setting. You could likely do the same if you play at 1080p or if you set the DLSS render resolution lower.

10 hours ago, Dedayog said:

Forza and Need 4 Speed games?

From what I hear, CyberPunk 2077 is really good now after the patching.

10 hours ago, Caroline said:

60c724a052275a049d857d53957dc38e9347742f

Just added this so in case I run into some issues, there's detail about my PC right underneath

PC 1

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GPU: RTX 3070 | RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 3200mhz | Motherboard: TUF Gaming B450-M Case: Deepcool CC560 | Cooler: darkflash 320mm AIO | PSU: Antec 1000w HCP Platinum

PC 2

CPU: Xeon W3680 (4.41ghz OC) | GPU: MSI Vega 56 Airboost OC | RAM: 20GB DDR3 1600mhz | Motherboard: Asus P6T Case: Zalman R1 | Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX GT A-RGB | PSU: Thermaltake Berlin 630w 80+ Bronze

Saints Row 3 Remaster is still free today on Epic. Grab it and check it out.

Apart from that maybe MORDHAU or Chivalry to switch up that FPS a little bit?

Forza, Fallen Order?

I'm going to recommend you some of my most liked games currently running on my GTX 1050Ti / Ryzen 5 1600.

FPS (multiplayer / co-op): Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 2

FPS (singleplayer): Black Mesa (Half Life 1 remastered), Half Life 2 (Also episode 1 and 2), Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4, Portal 2, Portal Stories: Mel.

Thirdperson (singleplayer / co-op)Watch Dogs 2, Saints Row 2 (3 and 4)

Strategic: Spore, Faster Than Light, Sid Meier's Civilization V (and VI).

Games I didn't bother to sort: Garry's Mod, Grand Theft Auto 4, Halo - The Master Chief Collection (very fun with friends I'd assume), Terraria, Subnautica, Subnautica: Below Zero, War Thunder.

Mentions: Since I assume you've got GTA V, you could try playing on FiveM.

Portal 2 has separate singleplayer campaign and co-op campaign.

Most of the games above I've got installed and played.

Recommending two games that I enjoyed a lot. And I'll highlight a few interesting/fun things to them.  Performance should be no issue for you.

Bulletstorm [First Person] Single Player

+ Leash mechanic from your hand, that you get to fling things/enemies into other things(explosives/cactus to kill them/shoot or kick em).

+ combos/techniques/headshots,  text announcing the wacky and funny stuff you're doing while fighting. (not sure if you can turn that off,  if you don't like it)  <- check a review

= story is passable. It gets you to one location from another, to give variety in gameplay. 

- it is shorter game.  I don't really think it has replay value.  Using the leash during my playthrough was fun, and was not getting bored of it.  Once I beat it though,  no desire to replay.  Even though I miss using the leash mechanic. 

So the value is subjective,

I first owned it on GFWL(games for windows live), no idea what I paid for it, but I lost the account info?, so there is a sunk cost there.

I finally finished it 2013/14, bought a cd for $8.

It is only on Steam I think. A remaster version, which I have not played.  $15-$20 sale,  should be a no-brainer.  If the price is higher, that ain't bad either if you really think the game fills your need for fun and what you want. 

(on steamdb,  it says the game has been down to $4 USD on sale)   

Dragons Dogma [Third Person] Single Player

+ medieval setting with magic, dragons, giant beasts

+ Party size is 4 characters.  One is you, and one other is a permanent partner(pawn) that you design.  The other 2 can be generic NPCs recruited at your same level.  Or you can search for other people's created partner(pawn), and invite to your party!  Again single player, but this simple online integration is neat.

(I've seen a character who looks like Marvel's Thor. All you need to do is create a Loki,  and hope you can find other player created stuff.  Now you got your own MCU, while you battle goblins and dragons. Better looking equipment/costume pieces, mostly are later game)

= story is meh, it has some replayability, also endgame dungeon(can visit early game, NOT recommended 😛 ),  which is way, way tougher than the story endboss could ever be.  The endgame dungeon,  will require you to farm certain enemies/bosses to get certain drops to upgrade/craft weps.  Some people dislike this grind, so that content can mean nothing.

= Because terms/expectations change over the years.  The world size is okay, decent sized.  I would've liked it bigger. More cities would be great!(but I've read that there were budget issues during development..)

- downsides is the npc menus/gui which shows its console roots.  Like having to click 5 times in some places, when it should only take 1 or 2 to exit a menu...

- some reviews say it is dull, boring, too easy.  I don't really agree.  I think the issue is the original game on console, later released with dlc and the endgame dungeon.  And that the PC Steam version has everything in one package(good for the consumer). But you get access to DLC items in storage that hold up to midgame, and skew the early experience.  There are also items in storage that help with quality of life during gameplay.  Tricky to navigate items which you should withdraw, without a FAQ or help.

= difficulty? hmm?  throw your perm partner off a cliff and don't revive.  Don't hire any NPCs to fill your party.  Run it solo, and I think there is 1 skill which benefits you if alone.

Value,  the game goes on sale for $10 during the bigger Steam sales season.  You'll get 3-4 chances to pick it up during the year. 

• 2 weeks later...

You could get halo mcc. Which includes halo reach, halo ce/ anniversary, halo 2/ halo 2 anniversary, halo 3 odst, and halo 4. 

(\/) (°,,,,°) (\/)

This will be mostly single player games:

Tomb Raider (2012) *

Rise Of The Tomb Raider *

Tomb Raider Anniversary 

Resident Evil Remake HD **

Resident Evil 2 Remake ** 

Resident Evil 3 Remake **

Monster Hunter World ***

*have online modes, but really it's all about the single player, both rather short, but very well made

** Well, its old school Resident Evil, you either hate it or love it,  especially the first two are some of the best games ever made imo

*** can play alone, but its really meant to be played in a group (4 players max) its almost like Resident Evil again (similar combat) but in "mystery ancient times" and this time the monsters are dragons, mystical creatures, or just giant pigs 😆 ... the variety is great and the emphasis on team play is just really fun and a nice diversity from the usual "competitive" stuff.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

• 4 months later...

Half-Life 2

Perks

-cheap

-fun

-can run on anything

cons

-Every person on HL2DM is from a eastern European for some reason

Wii are coming for you

If you're looking a fps game, maybe give Insurgency: Sandstorm a shot? Games plenty of fun with an active community.

As for a singleplayer game, Yakuza 0 could be up your alley. 

Need a VR experience with capybaras.

I find it hard to run much for very long besides bench-marking and checking out graphics.  I'm pretty well into Guardians of the Galaxy though (chapter 13).  Probably the last game like that I finished to the end was shadow of the tomb raider.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

Nioh 2 good, fun if you're into hack and slash and Team Ninja "esthetics" (ahem) 

Horizon Zero Dawn actually surprisingly good, engaging,  protagonists are somewhat not as generic as in 99% of other games , combat is fun, animations are pretty bad though. 

Some nice mods .

And my GOTY so far, Nintendo WiiU port afaik, Fatal Frame 5, very atmospheric,  spooky "camera shooter" (that's right your camera can kill ghosts!)  completely unlike every other game (series)  and a lot of fun (and actually a little scary, which most "horror" games miserably fail at imo)

ps: didn't notice this is an old thread 🤣

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer