Silverstone Nightjar psu: if only it had wings

brownninja97

25a.jpg

And so this is the newest silverstone psu, and just look at that paint job. Well this is a 80+ platinum passively cooled psu only in 520w configs at the current moment in time. 

Features

features a single +12V rail design, with a single 43A +12V rail. Cabling includes a 24-pin ATX, 4+4-pin EPS, two 6+2-pin PCIe, six SATA, five Molex, and one Berg. 

Also it has flat cables, in case you are wondering what that it, then looks up the corsair RM series. O yeah its fully modular.

25c.jpg

Honestly who was the person that thought we still use these ugly looking psus, it looks like an OEM psu.

http://www.techpowerup.com/199628/silverstone-unveils-nightjar-520w-power-supply.html

In case you where wondering as i was this is a nightjar

CosmetornisVexillariusWolf.jpg

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

well its still not going to be common. gamers arent going to be using it because it will over heat and common build (just cpu and needed ram) dont need that much power 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

well its still not going to be common. gamers arent going to be using it because it will over heat and common build (just cpu and needed ram) dont need that much power 

its probably designed not to everheat.. its silverstone. plus its platinum so not much heat is generated anyway.

i just might get this and hide it under my midplate :D

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

the old one looked better with the radiator on the top

1.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

its probably designed not to everheat.. its silverstone. plus its platinum so not much heat is generated anyway.

i just might get this and hide it under my midplate :D

platinum rating just effects the power bills dosent it  

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

platinum rating just effects the power bills dosent it  

no its based on how efficently it converts energy, some energy is always wasted, power bills decrease because with my bronze psu i need 250w to give 200w to the pc, with a platinum psu it needs 210, maybe 220. The energy that is wasted is heat energy hense the heat

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

no its based on how efficently it converts energy, some energy is always wasted, power bills decrease because with my bronze psu i need 250w to give 200w to the pc, with a platinum psu it needs 210, maybe 220. The energy that is wasted is heat energy hense the heat

thank you for ninjaing me ;) exactly what i wanted to say :)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

thank you for ninjaing me ;) exactly what i wanted to say :)

well i have to live up to my name.

Listen if you care.

there is so many people make white builds, why would a white PSU be a issue?

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Because this one looks grayish.

Need a white PSU, go for the NZXT Hale

144Hz goodness

Those connectors on the psu scream Seasonic to me..I'll go and check if it is.

Edit: Yupe,it's a Seasonic rebranded unit.

Honestly the most unattractive thing about this power supply is the flat cables. I have an RM650 and it was the most annoying thing about my system, especially in an mATX enclosure. It was impossible to get my cables to sit right and I had to spend hours to get it to look how it does now, which is still pretty bad. 

//ccap

its bare sheet metal, its grey not white.

Listen if you care.

Honestly the most unattractive thing about this power supply is the flat cables. I have an RM650 and it was the most annoying thing about my system, especially in an mATX enclosure. It was impossible to get my cables to sit right and I had to spend hours to get it to look how it does now, which is still pretty bad. 

which chassis do you have, ill note it down in case i get a rm psu.

Listen if you care.

which chassis do you have, ill note it down in case i get a rm psu.

I have a Bitfenix colossus. The case itself isn't very hard to make look nice, it is the flat cables... Mind you, I have nothing wrong with the power supply itself either, it is the cables included with it; currently I am looking for different cables for the PSU (custom sleeved maybe?). 

//ccap

I can see this more for an office situation since it doesn't have a fan its less likely to be full of dust in 6 months

Its all about those volumetric clouds

This would fit nicely in an old sleeper build. Take your grandmother's tower and upgrade spec to play Crysis 4

sysloc