Can I connect server PC remotely using thin client ? Is it possible ?

Go to solution Solved by Haraikomono,
19 minutes ago, prasanth_1991 said:

Is it possible to connect using internet connection since it's main pc in different location.

sure,

1. method - (easy - free) - setup dyndns, open port on your router, install openvpn, generate profile, setup vpn client on thin client and load the profile and connect

2. method - (easy ) rent a vserver on a cloud provider (sometimes they offer vpn servers), set up vpn, and connect both devices to the vpn, then you can connect to either device from one another

3. simple shitty method, open port on your host network, setup ssh on windows, accept only via key, connect the thin client via tunnel ssh -L, and forward the vnc port to a local port on the thin client and use it top connect per vnc. Ah ofc you need to have vnc on your windows

all above are just rough description of the methods, they are more complicated in detail, so watch a guide or read a tutorial or smth

😄

or you could some software like teamviewer

is it possible connect server PC remotely using thin client. I mean I have i7 pc on my home. Can I use that i7 pc to my office remotely which is 4 km away using think Client remotely using wifi. Both home & office have high speed internet connection. 

Sorry for stupid question, I have no experienced in server side. 

Advance thanks for your response. 

What model of think client?

Id just get a basic windows/linux pc and run something like parsec, but it won't have the same experience as having the pc locally.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What model of think client?

Id just get a basic windows/linux pc and run something like parsec, but it won't have the same experience as having the pc locally.

Model G1 Thin Client PC - Microsoft RD Thin Client, 

How about speed ? for Video editing ? 

I havent really understood the question:

Do you want to connect to your main pc via thin client to do stuff on it ?

If its the case then:

• has your main pc got windows installed or linux?
  • Do you have to use the Desktop interface ?
    • Are you fine with working over vnc ? Definetly not for gaming !

Or do you want to just run stuff on your main pc, and use the thin client just for ssh

If so, then sure why not.

Im using thin clients at all of my houses to connect to my servers, if I ever have to

Just now, Haraikomono said:

I havent really understood the question:

Do you want to connect to your main pc via thin client to do stuff on it ?

If its the case then:

• has your main pc got windows installed or linux?
  • Do you have to use the Desktop interface ?
    • Are you fine with working over vnc ? Definetly not for gaming !

Or do you want to just run stuff on your main pc, and use the thin client just for ssh

If so, then sure why not.

Im using thin clients at all of my houses to connect to my servers, if I ever have to

Yes You're right I want to connect to my Main pc via thin client to do stuff but remotely. But different location. Can I use Main PC which is on home & my thin client on my office. Is it possible to connect using internet connection since it's main pc in different location.

Main PC have windows 10  

19 minutes ago, prasanth_1991 said:

Is it possible to connect using internet connection since it's main pc in different location.

sure,

1. method - (easy - free) - setup dyndns, open port on your router, install openvpn, generate profile, setup vpn client on thin client and load the profile and connect

2. method - (easy ) rent a vserver on a cloud provider (sometimes they offer vpn servers), set up vpn, and connect both devices to the vpn, then you can connect to either device from one another

3. simple shitty method, open port on your host network, setup ssh on windows, accept only via key, connect the thin client via tunnel ssh -L, and forward the vnc port to a local port on the thin client and use it top connect per vnc. Ah ofc you need to have vnc on your windows

all above are just rough description of the methods, they are more complicated in detail, so watch a guide or read a tutorial or smth

😄

8 minutes ago, prasanth_1991 said:

Model G1 Thin Client PC - Microsoft RD Thin Client, 

How about speed ? for Video editing ? 

What os does the think client run? That seems like just a low end pc to me.

Id probalby run linux on the thin client with something like parsec on here.

speed is ok, but id probably would edit video over it if you don't have to. Just less responsive, and a bit more latency.

13 hours ago, Haraikomono said:

sure,

😄

Thank you so much, I'll do it 

13 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What os does the think client run? That seems like just a low end pc to me.

Id probalby run linux on the thin client with something like parsec on here.

speed is ok, but id probably would edit video over it if you don't have to. Just less responsive, and a bit more latency.

Thank you I got that.