NFS Underground 3. They're giving us a chance. Lets make it happen !

Hello guys,

I'm trying to spread the word. I found some information. Here's the article. Read it to get some more information.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/need_for_speed_rivals/news/need_for_speed_underground_3_if_it_can_sell_15m_copies_wed_make_that_game_says_ghost.html

So basically, EA's Ghost team is aware of the big amount of people who want Underground 3. EA Ghost's head, Marcus Nilsson said that if they knew that Underground 3 would make 15 Million units sold, they would make the game for sure. When you think about it, Hot Pursuit sold 10 Million units. The fact that Underground 3 has been much more asked for, and the fact that the gaming audience has grown quite a bit in the last few years. Not to mention that there are much more platforms on which the game could be released on. Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, PS Vita, THE MIGHTY PC, and maybe make a version for iOS and Android, I can actually see the game hitting 15 Million sales. I know that not everybody in the forum is really keen on racing games, but I just wanted to share my opinion and let you guys know about the news. By the way, here's a petition for the game.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/ghost-games-ea-bring-back-the-old-need-for-speed-style-give-us-underground-3#

And make sure to read the article from the first link.

Thank you very much for the time you took to read this topic,

Max

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

i hope they make it,and with no CRITERION GAMES!!!!!!

i mean i would rather play underground 1 than all the new nfs games 

"make a version for iOS and Android"

No,please no.Unless it's an entirely different game,or very different compared to the other ones.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

They better allow customisation on the same level that NFSU/2 had.

Souping up shit cars was fun! 

Basically NSFU2 HD

CPU: i5 2500k @4.3GHz  |  Cooler: Corsair H100i | Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz | GPU: Asus DC2 GTX 570 | Mobo: Asus P8P67 EVO | Case: Corsair Carbide 500r | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Agility 3 | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green| OS: Windows 7/OSX Mavericks (Hackintosh) | Monitor: LG EA63V x2 Soundcard: Fiio E10 | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (browns) | Mouse: Corsair M40

All i want is the same high level of customization with newer cars, better graphics, and a bigger map. And I want to be able to drive around without the cops on me all the time *cough* NFS Rivals *cough*

i hope they make it,and with no CRITERION GAMES!!!!!!

i mean i would rather play underground 1 than all the new nfs games 

Yeah, Criterion is not going to take part in the making of the game. Just Ghost ! :)

"make a version for iOS and Android"

No,please no.Unless it's an entirely different game,or very different compared to the other ones.

Not sure if you know, but in NFS Rivals you can connect to Origin through your Smartphone. It would be cool if you could use your phone to tune your can and MAYBE run some Dyno runs. If if you don't want to do that you could just do it though the game. Maybe use it as a map too.

They better allow customisation on the same level that NFSU/2 had.

Souping up shit cars was fun! 

Basically NSFU2 HD

Yes. He said that they would basically make the game with the same level of customization as Underground 2 with Frostbite 3. 

All i want is the same high level of customization with newer cars, better graphics, and a bigger map. And I want to be able to drive around without the cops on me all the time *cough* NFS Rivals *cough*

YES, PLEASE NO COPS. And maybe they could add some online cruise features so we can get together and form some sort of car meetings. But that's all up to them. All we need to do is fill the petition. The rest... we expect them to decide. Although what I like about Ghost is that they do take ideas and advice from the people. 

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

why cant they just make a game like the original most wanted. thats all i ever wanted from the franchise

Most Wanted was a great continuation from the Underground series. Than Carbon sucked.

Most Wanted was a great continuation from the Underground series. Than Carbon sucked.

Yeah. That's right. Mast Wanted existed because of Underground. So I guess making Underground 3 would be awesome. I mean... I still play Underground 2 to this day. I play maybe 10 hours every month or so. Love it <3

I'd rather them leave the classics that were the Underground series, judging by the way the last barrels of shit that has come out of Criterion (Excluding Burnout paradise, even though that's a totally different series) and EA the next Underground game will be more than sub-par and a general disappointment for fans of the series, myself included. 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

I want this so bad. Underground 2 was one of my favorite racing games ever. I played the living shit out of it. Hundreds of hours on my OG xbox. Sign me up.

OK then, I think we all agree, best modern NFS games are NFSU, NFSU2, and Most Wanted, Everything else sucked, pro street, carbon, most wanted 2, shift... None came close to the aforementioned 3.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Ghost? You mean the same guys who screwed up the PC port of NFS Rivals with a 30fps cap? Are you sure you guys want this?

Clicking on that link and seeing that Skyline from U1... so much nostalgia. I would buy the fuck out of Underground 3 if they decided to make it.

I'd buy. I don't even have the money to do so.

Carbon was fun, the customization was deep, and the mechanics were intresting. (am I the only one who abused the slo-mo cheat for duels?)

Dont you slate my NFS Carbon! having a Dodge Charger on that game was awesome, I didnt care if I lost the race; drifting round every single corner made me feel like a boss.

I want this so bad. Underground 2 was one of my favorite racing games ever. I played the living shit out of it. Hundreds of hours on my OG xbox. Sign me up.

Yeah. Same here. I've completed the game over 5 times. Lost the count already. Legend !

OK then, I think we all agree, best modern NFS games are NFSU, NFSU2, and Most Wanted, Everything else sucked, pro street, carbon, most wanted 2, shift... None came close to the aforementioned 3.

Yeah. I guess you were right. NFS U1, U2, and MW had everything we wanted. From then on, all the games had good parts but there was always something missing. Carbon was not THAT bad tho.

Ghost? You mean the same guys who screwed up the PC port of NFS Rivals with a 30fps cap? Are you sure you guys want this?

It was not Ghost's fault. It's EA's fault because EA forced Ghost to implement the Frostbite 3 engine into a racing game. The engine was meant to be used on an FPS game (BF4). So it's because the engine being used and it's EA's fault. Although next game probably won't have 30 FPS lock because they will probably sort out the problem. Lets at least hope so.

Doubt it will ever be created though.

It will, if Ghost decides that they will make 15 Mil sold copies of the game. He himself said that he wants to make UG3, but he doesn't want to take the risk.

It was not Ghost's fault. It's EA's fault because EA forced Ghost to implement the Frostbite 3 engine into a racing game. The engine was meant to be used on an FPS game (BF4). So it's because the engine being used and it's EA's fault. Although next game probably won't have 30 FPS lock because they will probably sort out the problem. Lets at least hope so.

I'm pretty sure that Need for Speed: The Run also used frostbite. Also Frostbite has been around forever not to mention there doesn't seem to be any real notable changes between Frostbite 2 and 3. I also don't think the engine being "meant to be used on an FPS game" really has anything to do with a frame rate cap let alone binding the game speed to a set frame rate.

It will, if Ghost decides that they will make 15 Mil sold copies of the game. He himself said that he wants to make UG3, but he doesn't want to take the risk.

That's another thing too. EA is so damn obsessed about sales. Are they seriously saying the game will be a failure if it doesn't at least sell 15 mil? Are they out of their minds?

EA can go screw themselves. They can go bankrupt for all I care.

NFS most wanted 2005 was the last decent nfs game after that came terrible console ports for console kiddies

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

NFS most wanted 2005 was the last decent nfs game after that came terrible console ports for console kiddies

Yeah. Not to mention that in the last few years, the games are really easy and you start with a really powerful car. Not progression what so ever. NFS became a game for Exotic car fan boys. The point of a NFS game is to start with a really slow game like a Peugeot 206 (LOL), and maybe end up with something like a Supra, Skyline, GT-R or 370Z. Something like that. And there is also no frigging customization -,-

Yeah. Not to mention that in the last few years, the games are really easy and you start with a really powerful car. Not progression what so ever. NFS became a game for Exotic car fan boys. The point of a NFS game is to start with a really slow game like a Peugeot 206 (LOL), and maybe end up with something like a Supra, Skyline, GT-R or 370Z. Something like that. And there is also no frigging customization -,-

but Need for Speed has always had exotic cars in its roots. It really wasn't until the first NFS Underground where they really started giving attention to all the lower-end and Asian cars. Just about every NFS before Underground was about exotic supercars.

I do agree with you on the customization part however. It seems like they've just been going backwards in that department.

Hopefully it would be goo though, ProStreet still remains one of my favorites, just because there was so much more depth to the game, but I always did like the Underground games. I also think it would be nice to go back, but I really am worried about them ruining it just like I'm worried about BattleFront 3...

I really miss the tuning aspect from Underground 2 aswell.. I sat and made a Nissan 240sx do a 5 second quater mile or something stupid like that on the game. I'd piss my brother off by beating any car he could make with it and it was awesome.

Edit: That was probably not supposed to be a thing since that seems pretty impossible for that car but meh.. (I'm positive it was the fastest car in the game because of it.)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Hopefully it would be goo though, ProStreet still remains one of my favorites, just because there was so much more depth to the game, but I always did like the Underground games. I also think it would be nice to go back, but I really am worried about them ruining it just like I'm worried about BattleFront 3...

I really miss the tuning aspect from Underground 2 aswell.. I sat and made a Nissan 240sx do a 5 second quater mile or something stupid like that on the game. I'd piss my brother off by beating any car he could make with it and it was awesome.

Edit: That was probably not supposed to be a thing since that seems pretty impossible for that car but meh.. (I'm positive it was the fastest car in the game because of it.)

Yeah. I was thinking about that. Because you can now safely say that every Underground game was awesome. I don't want them to spoil it. They either should take time (about 3 years lets say) to make the game, and make it good. So... they better make it gooooood !

but Need for Speed has always had exotic cars in its roots. It really wasn't until the first NFS Underground where they really started giving attention to all the lower-end and Asian cars. Just about every NFS before Underground was about exotic supercars.

I do agree with you on the customization part however. It seems like they've just been going backwards in that department.

I don't care about the roots. Tell me... do you like starting a game and being able to drive an SLS, or do you want to start with an AE86 and end up with an SLS after hours and days of hard work ? Choose :)