J Allen Brack is stepping (has stepped) down (already) as CEO of Blizzard

Master Disaster
10 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Errr. no.

HR is "Human Resources" not "Hire and Retain", in most businesses they are a department that does the first round of interviews, and does all the paperwork and possibly financial/legal checks on a potential hire before they are ever let in the door. If people are coming to HR to complain, your HR department did none of that.

As for the problem of sexual harassment in the work place. I'll just be blunt about it, and some of it will always be a lie. Office drama is often intended to either get someone fired, or get someone so embarrassed and humiliated to voluntarily quit. I had two office jobs in the past that the "office drama" had a pattern of being fabricated and then someone mysteriously never showing up again, and wouldn't you know it, always the same person being involved in resolving it. 

What I heard from the Blizzard stuff is that this wasn't just office rumor-mill/unwarranted-claim type of nonsense, but actually encouraged, out-in-the-open, photographic proof type of situations that nobody ever tried to put their foot down. A literal "don't rock the boat" situation where if you stand up, you take everyone with you.

The other problem here, is that gaming companies really need to be unionized. If crunchtime was the cracks in the foundation, this kind of stuff is the wrecking ball.

Good point and speaks to HR being weaponized against someone.
Got a grudge against the guy you see at the coffee pot every morning?

Use the rumor mill, let it grind for awhile and sooner or later they'll slip and get nailed over it.
That's normally how it plays out and departments tend to be "Groups" that stick together.... But not always.
Sometimes it's within the dept between two co-workers for various reasons, anything from the trivial to really personal to outright BS is in play at any time.

It's all about the politics of the work place.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

3 hours ago, Kisai said:

Errr. no.

HR is "Human Resources" not "Hire and Retain", in most businesses they are a department that does the first round of interviews, and does all the paperwork and possibly financial/legal checks on a potential hire before they are ever let in the door. If people are coming to HR to complain, your HR department did none of that.

As for the problem of sexual harassment in the work place. I'll just be blunt about it, and some of it will always be a lie. Office drama is often intended to either get someone fired, or get someone so embarrassed and humiliated to voluntarily quit. I had two office jobs in the past that the "office drama" had a pattern of being fabricated and then someone mysteriously never showing up again, and wouldn't you know it, always the same person being involved in resolving it. 

What I heard from the Blizzard stuff is that this wasn't just office rumor-mill/unwarranted-claim type of nonsense, but actually encouraged, out-in-the-open, photographic proof type of situations that nobody ever tried to put their foot down. A literal "don't rock the boat" situation where if you stand up, you take everyone with you.

The other problem here, is that gaming companies really need to be unionized. If crunchtime was the cracks in the foundation, this kind of stuff is the wrecking ball.

Yeah that sometimes happens but there are still quite a few cases where you see this behavior done by people that are high enough up that people simply ignore it. Happened at the place my sister worked at which ironically was an employment law firm that does class action lawsuit. It wasn't nearly as bad as this case but it was still pretty bad. 

4 hours ago, 12345678 said:

can't you like stick only with one post?

No.

Now I"m offended - Now I'm gonna report you to LTT's HR dept.... 🙃

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

On a slightly off topic, but still on topic note.

I wonder how related this is to Jeff Kaplan leaving.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

interesting how the top management position for Blizzard drops from CEO , to President, and now "co-leads", just an observation.

anyway, it appears that the investors are rather upset with Acti-Blizz, they are hitting them with a second lawsuit:

Rock On!

Just now, Caroline said:

That's literally how a hierarcy works. 

Uhhh, no, no it's not.  

Thought processes like that are they the most dangerous phrase in business is "That's how we've always done it."

Stagnate and die.  Change happens, and you need new people to make change happen.

The blatant sexual harassment at AV:

Reveal hidden contents

Hello, Human Resources?! | Know Your Meme

You can't deny joke accusations are the norm nowadays. Don't like one of your coworkers? come up with a cool sad story to the court and he'll instantly lose his entire life while you enjoy all that sweet reparations money.

At least where I live I could point my finger at any guy at my workplace and send him to prison forever, no evidence required (just say everything happened 15 years ago so there's no way to prove it) and his lawyers won't be able to do anything simply because my word will weigh more than his at the court. Will I do it? probably not, I still have an ounce of decency in me, but I can't deny it's the easy way out to cheat in life, those who do it not only get the guy gone and reparations from the company but also a government aid for life for psychological treatment to cope, not loads of money but doing quick mafs it's enough to make a living out of it if you don't have kids.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're hilarious if you think that's what actually happens.

First off:  The vast majority of complaints ARE legit.  The problem is that almost none of them are ever actually punished, especially in court.

People complain that all this is coming out of nowhere?  It's really not, it was always there.  Just nobody did anything about it in the past.

Wanna know what we didn't have if you go far enough back in history?  LEFT HANDED PEOPLE.

Why?  Because educational system literally beat it out of students, because it was "evil" or some other bullshit.  Guess what happened when people stopped punishing it?  The number of lefties very quickly spiked to about the same percentage we have today.  

For Sexual Harassment?  People are actually reporting it today, because something *might* be done.  The majority of cases still don't go fucking anywhere, so no you can't say you have a "end anyone's career" card, cuz that seriously ain't how that works.

8 hours ago, tkitch said:

Uhhh, no, no it's not.  

Thought processes like that are they the most dangerous phrase in business is "That's how we've always done it."

Stagnate and die.  Change happens, and you need new people to make change happen.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're hilarious if you think that's what actually happens.

First off:  The vast majority of complaints ARE legit.  The problem is that almost none of them are ever actually punished, especially in court.

People complain that all this is coming out of nowhere?  It's really not, it was always there.  Just nobody did anything about it in the past.

Wanna know what we didn't have if you go far enough back in history?  LEFT HANDED PEOPLE.

Why?  Because educational system literally beat it out of students, because it was "evil" or some other bullshit.  Guess what happened when people stopped punishing it?  The number of lefties very quickly spiked to about the same percentage we have today.  

For Sexual Harassment?  People are actually reporting it today, because something *might* be done.  The majority of cases still don't go fucking anywhere, so no you can't say you have a "end anyone's career" card, cuz that seriously ain't how that works.

by the syntax you seem the type of person who follows the confirmation bias

you're either ingenue or biased if you do think that all accusations are actually true, but even if they were the degree of it might aswell be false;

laws are often too generic, they can be interpreted in different ways, by conseguence they can be exploited in different ways, 

in my opinion on all this Activision thing, we do not have enough evidence to adress if the issue was there even to begin with, so whatever the public thinks about it, it's irrilevant

8 hours ago, Caroline said:

-snip-

Hierarchical structures should be abolished or at least be completely reformed in workplaces as it can create these sorts of problems, but of course there are other reasons too. 

Anyway the rest of your dogshit post is just tone deaf asf. 

Desktops

- The specifications of my almighty machine:

MB: MSI Z370-A Pro || CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K 4.00 GHz || RAM: 20GB DDR4  || GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 || Storage: 1TB HDD & 250GB HDD  & 128GB x2 SSD || OS: Windows 10 Pro & Ubuntu 21.04

2 hours ago, 12345678 said:

in my opinion on all this Activision thing, we do not have enough evidence to adress if the issue was there even to begin with, so whatever the public thinks about it, it's irrilevant

There are numerous reports of harassment tied to specific men. Women who work at the company have been outspoken about this since it blew up. And don't forget, Brack is out because there are on-the-record instances of him talking to a perpetrator but not doing much more than providing verbal counseling.

The harassment happened. You can accept that, or you can be wrong. 

33 minutes ago, Commodus said:

There are numerous reports of harassment tied to specific men. Women who work at the company have been outspoken about this since it blew up. And don't forget, Brack is out because there are on-the-record instances of him talking to a perpetrator but not doing much more than providing verbal counseling.

The harassment happened. You can accept that, or you can be wrong. 

apparatly you didn't read a single word of what I did wrote

3 hours ago, 12345678 said:

by the syntax you seem the type of person who follows the confirmation bias

you're either ingenue or biased if you do think that all accusations are actually true,

You like telling people to read?  Well, you should do the same.  I never said *all* I just said, the vast majority.

And when 'vast majority' is a thing, I believe that erring on that side is generally the way to go, until any given instance is proven otherwise.  (The courts can't do that, but this is not a court issue in this instance, the lawsuit is separate and being handled by the courts.)

but even if they were the degree of it might aswell be false;

laws are often too generic, they can be interpreted in different ways, by conseguence they can be exploited in different ways, 

Except that interpreting laws is EXACTLY what the courts are meant to do.  Like that's actually a major part of the reason they exist.

As to the degree of things?  So, what exactly does that mean.  I'm actively trying to not put words in your mouth, so please elaborate what you mean here.  

Accusation: noun

a statement saying that you think a person is guilty of doing something wrong or illegal; the fact of accusing somebody

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/accusation

A charge or claim that someone has done something illegal or wrong.

The action or process of accusing someone.

https://www.lexico.com/definition/accusation

Proof: noun

information, documents, etc. that show that something is true

synonym evidence

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/proof_1

Evidence or argument establishing a fact or the truth of a statement.

https://www.lexico.com/definition/proof

Credulous: Adjective

too ready to believe things and therefore easy to trick

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/credulous

Having or showing too great a readiness to believe things.

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/credulous

Though i doubt those who most need to understand these words will ever bother to even read the above or click the links and check the validity of the provided information, i hereby list them none the less.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

20 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Ah if it's not the typical "I take everything personally in order to defend a corrupt ideology" soldier that comes up with insults and cheap moral "oh you should feel bad lulz" phrases when he has no facts to prove me wrong.

How was it not pure dogshit and tone deaf? Literally you seem to insinuate that everyone who brings forward these accusations are lying only for the means of profit/self-benefit. In some instances that can be the case, but in most times it's pretty much true. It's the kind of defense that people come up with to delegitimize others who have valid claims. People have been harassed for far too long and this culture/mentality that some have has to end. Jokes are fine, no one is saying you shouldn't but keep your fucking boundaries with people. Not everyone is as open as you might think. 

Desktops

- The specifications of my almighty machine:

MB: MSI Z370-A Pro || CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K 4.00 GHz || RAM: 20GB DDR4  || GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 || Storage: 1TB HDD & 250GB HDD  & 128GB x2 SSD || OS: Windows 10 Pro & Ubuntu 21.04

16 hours ago, Caroline said:

The blatant sexual harassment at AV:

Hide contents

Hello, Human Resources?! | Know Your Meme

You can't deny joke accusations are the norm nowadays. Don't like one of your coworkers? come up with a cool sad story to the court and he'll instantly lose his entire life while you enjoy all that sweet reparations money.

At least where I live I could point my finger at any guy at my workplace and send him to prison forever, no evidence required (just say everything happened 15 years ago so there's no way to prove it) and his lawyers won't be able to do anything simply because my word will weigh more than his at the court. Will I do it? probably not, I still have an ounce of decency in me, but I can't deny it's the easy way out to cheat in life, those who do it not only get the guy gone and reparations from the company but also a government aid for life for psychological treatment to cope, not loads of money but doing quick mafs it's enough to make a living out of it if you don't have kids.

Someone killed themselves because the sexual harassment was so bad so to compare this to a bad joke is actually crazy. I'm just going to assume you haven't looked into this case at all. Also most people aren't going to accuse someone of sexual harassment over something benign like saying looking good so the meme doesn't really make sense. The fact that you just assume all of this is baseless accusations is kinda ridiculous. How about actually reading up on the issue and look at the facts before making judgments. 

<-- Thread Moved to Off Topic -->

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

16 hours ago, Caroline said:

What? I'm going to assume you've had a job/jobs throughout your life. Have you never been in a situation where a manager leaves and his/her role is filled with a new employee? Now you have a manager who has only been on the job for hours but has more authority than you.

Hierarchy works from experience and authority, time served is not a main factor at all. All it does is afford the company the opportunity to promote an existing employee if they feel they have someone suitable. If she was brought in as a manager then she is obviously adequately qualified to do the job and has been given authority by her superiors.

8 hours ago, 12345678 said:

Right, because a state starts a lawsuit against one of their biggest employers based on no evidence /s

Fun fact: we know a female employee committed suicide because her boss brought sex toys with him on a business trip. If that's not a giant red flag then I don't know what is.

4 hours ago, tkitch said:

Except that interpreting laws is EXACTLY what the courts are meant to do.  Like that's actually a major part of the reason they exist.

High courts exist pretty much exclusively to do exactly this. The job of high court judges is to make a decision in cases where there is ambiguity or doubt and provide a precedence that other courts can use in the future.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

HAHA WAIT WHAT??

Imagine the guy has perv kinks and enjoys using toys alone (or with others) in the privacy of his own room, how would that even remotely be a reason to kys LET ALONE A CRIME???

Please go and read the full details before you start making dumb assumptions, he was pressuring her into a sexual relationship, considering her reaction its a safe bet it wasn't mutual.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Please go and read the full details before you start making dumb assumptions, he was pressuring her into a sexual relationship, considering her reaction its a safe bet it wasn't mutual.

I had heard that people were also passing around photos of her naked. 

3 hours ago, Caroline said:

Some of them are real for sure but come on, now suddenly men at any important company, famous actors, sports players or just rich people in general are rapists or "harassers" like out of nowhere, and media spams 24/7 "news" about how bad they are and the crimes they've supposedly commited obviously taking sides, if that's not to take advantage of their money... 

Jokes are fine but now guys get crucified and could lose their jobs for making a politically incorrect joke just because some top tier Karen felt offended and that's kinda sad tbh

HAHA WAIT WHAT??

Imagine the guy has perv kinks and enjoys using toys alone (or with others) in the privacy of his own room, how would that even remotely be a reason to kys LET ALONE A CRIME???

There was more to it than that. People were passing around nude photos of her as well. Also it should be noted that it isn't just one person who is accusing these people. It's pretty much everyone who has or is working there that are making the accusations. When it's one person's word against another then I can see being skeptical but when it's many men and women who are giving accounts of the horrible behavior then I start to feel that it's probably true. I mean at that point it is either a large number of current and former employees conspiring to frame someone or these people actually were sexually harassing people. I would probably go out on a limb here and guess them actually being guilty of sexual harassment is the more likely the truth. Also a big reason why people didn't come out about this for so long is that they don't want to lose their job as higher ups were covering for the bad behavior and when they first started working there they had to sign an agreement preventing them from ever taking legal action against the company. Also just recently 800 current and former employees signed a letter condemning the company for their failure to address these issues so this would have to be a pretty well organized conspiracy if it is all just them framing people.