DONE, converting from 12v RGB to 5v D-RGB for EK-XTOP revo d5 pwm

fonzz1e

so i manage to get my hands on EK D5 pwm pump with top few weeks back, tested pump is working fine 🙂

noticed it had 12v RGB with 4 pin connector strip (9 LEDs)

image.thumb.png.35ccb389ce0f1e0721988b3eed69c4b1.png

so i ordered WS2812B 5v RGB strip with 3 pin header,

image.png.e3de614c6462add159449e1adfdc67ea.png

cut it down to 9 LEDs (should've gone for more since there's spacing for it but i digress)

remove old 12v 4pin strip, swap with 5v 3pin strip

image.thumb.png.d86cc44604c5c932bfa1356bed2d2729.png

confirm now it's working 🙂

and it can also be mounted on Bykski B-PMFS pump mount

image.thumb.png.11c7841068940b561d6a8a0cf83db699.png

image.thumb.png.a466da985ed5ce6a73e769417be295e9.png

i guess it's cheaper than buying EK D5 inertia 🤣

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

are u sure ur title shouldn't be "changed the Led strip in my pump"? 

buut looking good 😎

5 minutes ago, NorKris said:

are u sure ur title shouldn't be "changed the Led strip in my pump"? 

buut looking good 😎

haha essentially it is,

so glad i don't have to go & buy a EK inertia D5 pump top just for the 5v RGB

oh plus XTOP D5 (75mm) is slightly shorter than the inertia D5 (90mm)

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

2 minutes ago, fonzz1e said:

haha essentially it is,

so glad i don't have to go & buy a EK inertia D5 pump top just for the 5v RGB

oh plus XTOP D5 (75mm) is slightly shorter than the inertia D5 (90mm)

hehe
who wants that old outdated normalRGB stuff 😛 

45 minutes ago, NorKris said:

hehe
who wants that old outdated normalRGB stuff 😛 

Haha, I'm offended, as my B450 board only has RGB headers, no ARGB. Should've known that before. I have mixed RGB and ARGB in my build right now, as I need to control them separately.

Anyway, nice RGB change on the pump. Now those LEDs can walk around the pump. Hehe

2 minutes ago, FRD said:

Haha, I'm offended, as my B450 board only has RGB headers, no ARGB. Should've known that before. I have mixed RGB and ARGB in my build right now, as I need to control them separately.

Anyway, nice RGB change on the pump. Now those LEDs can walk around the pump. Hehe

I just learned that the Aura Terminal was discontinued : /  that would have given ur "MB" ARGB headers 

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

I just learned that the Aura Terminal was discontinued : /  that would have given ur "MB" ARGB headers 

Luckily there's still a similar CoolerMaster one that gives more RGB headers plus ARGB headers, it's around $50.

The Asus Aura Terminal is discontinued, but I think it was prized a bit crazy at $100 for just an RGB controller. In that case it's better to get a new motherboard. Even secondhand I've seen them for $50 and still passed on it.

3 minutes ago, FRD said:

Luckily there's still a similar CoolerMaster one that gives more RGB headers plus ARGB headers, it's around $50.

The Asus Aura Terminal is discontinued, but I think it was prized a bit crazy at $100 for just an RGB controller. In that case it's better to get a new motherboard. Even secondhand I've seen them for $50 and still passed on it.

Yes the coolermaster one is good. i have those too. 
but they dont give you sync with aura unless u "tap into" an ARGB signal from aura. 
And thats why Terminal was king. 100$ and 3 (or was it for 4) ARGB strips tho 😛 

but now you can use jacknet + icue(+aura plugin) to controll it all, ..(if u ditch or upgrade the old rgb stuff..)

1 minute ago, NorKris said:

Yes the coolermaster one is good. i have those too. 
but they dont give you sync with aura unless u "tap into" an ARGB signal from aura. 
And thats why Terminal was king. 100$ and 3 (or was it for 4) ARGB strips tho 😛 

but now you can use jacknet + icue(+aura plugin) to controll it all, ..(if u ditch or upgrade the old rgb stuff..)

I've been thinking about getting the CM one, but after all I didn't need it as I somehow ended up with other RGB controllers. You know, they come with fans, etcetera.

Too bad it's hard to sync with RGB controllers, even when connected to the mobo. I'm not a fan of fancy RGB strips, unless they are Lian Li's neon strips.

Jacknet? I'm not familiar with that. I'm glad Corsair has the Aura Sync too nowadays.

I want to convert to all ARGB, but it's too much work and not my priority right now. I'm going to spend on more needy upgrades for now.

4 hours ago, FRD said:

I've been thinking about getting the CM one, but after all I didn't need it as I somehow ended up with other RGB controllers. You know, they come with fans, etcetera.

Too bad it's hard to sync with RGB controllers, even when connected to the mobo. I'm not a fan of fancy RGB strips, unless they are Lian Li's neon strips.

Jacknet? I'm not familiar with that. I'm glad Corsair has the Aura Sync too nowadays.

I want to convert to all ARGB, but it's too much work and not my priority right now. I'm going to spend on more needy upgrades for now.

so far i only done ARGB for my reservoir, cpu block & gpu block

i can monitor my coolant for any gunk 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

That's really cool...I've been wondering if it's possible to control an RGB strip to change colour depending on coolant temperatures...?...

...I've got my Corsair H100i set to change from white to red depending on CPU temperature...I thought it would be really cool but even running cinebench it barely changes off of pure white... 🙄

...on the bright side it means I can adjust my fan curve and I guess it's a good indication of pump health...if it goes red, I know something's gone wrong somewhere.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

afaik my aquacomputer aquasuite can do that

my coolant temp is connect to my quadro,

then i set my RGBpx header to output color base on coolant temp

image.thumb.png.f38c49944456e0bbe0918e22af5f0abc.png