When compering mac Mini with M1 CHIP 8GB RAM and pc with 32gb ram which one is more effective...? What's kind of performance difference can occur?

Go to solution Solved by Arika,
7 minutes ago, Dinky monkey said:

but as apple saying this m1 chip is more faster than pc

*in some workloads, not in every single task. It's impressive, but it's not magic (as much as Apple loves to use that word to describe their products)

To run some of lidar projects it required at least 24gb ram

doesn't matter how fast a CPU is if there isn't enough RAM to support it.

Given that you haven't mentioned what the specs of your workstation is and why you think it's a limitation for your current workload, it's impossible to give a recommendation.

Is mac mini m1 really faster than 32gb pc...? I have never use any apple product but I'm planning to replace my workstation with mac mini 8gb ram...

Also, it depends on what exactly you plan to do with it. If the type of stuff you need to do requires more than 8Gb of RAM, you can be royally screwed with a Mac Mini that only has 8 Gb of RAM... Basically, it depends.

@Arika Sand @AnotherGlenn actually I'm  working on platform called remotask which is freelance platform using Lidar data analysis for self driving cars and AI training so we have to work through internet using web Browser (Google). To run some of lidar projects it required at least 24gb ram...but as apple saying this m1 chip is more faster than pc i thought this will be cheapest way to replace my workstation but i have no any idea but mac because I'm  more android and Windows guy so that why i need you guys help.

but as apple saying this m1 chip is more faster than pc

*in some workloads, not in every single task. It's impressive, but it's not magic (as much as Apple loves to use that word to describe their products)

To run some of lidar projects it required at least 24gb ram

doesn't matter how fast a CPU is if there isn't enough RAM to support it.

Given that you haven't mentioned what the specs of your workstation is and why you think it's a limitation for your current workload, it's impossible to give a recommendation.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

@Arika S my current rig is a laptop  it has has 16gb ram nvidia gt 940m 2g  i7 5500u. Current I'm working with minimal efficiency and using readyboost usb to stabilise chrome to prevent crash the web Browser 

For my work Remotetask platform recommended 24gb ram and 4gb gpu to work with higher efficiency...

in this case, I would NOT go with the Mac Mini. Seems like what you need is more of Mac Pro workstation, which is quite expensive.

Go with a regular Windows Workstation build. You can built a prebuilt one, or you can build it yourself. I would go with the latter. Seems like the GPU is not as important for you, as long as it has 4Gb (but you should look if there are any bandwidth requirements).

7 hours ago, Dinky monkey said:

Is mac mini m1 really faster than 32gb pc...? I have never use any apple product but I'm planning to replace my workstation with mac mini 8gb ram...

it depends on the proccesor. What is your budget for the Mac Mini?

Maybe wait for the higher end "Mac Mini" with more than 16gb of Ram.

8gb on M1 Macs are very efficient, but 8gb is 8gb, and will never be more. 

This is one of the Reasons, M1 Macs feel so fast and responsive: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/05/apples-m1-is-a-fast-cpu-but-m1-macs-feel-even-faster-due-to-qos/