I need People's Compromising Decisions and Opinion on a RGB Required PC

Zaphkiel

Im still Compromising and planning on whether should i add a few extra bucks on an RGB Case & hardware

or just Pour all of my budget on my PC Performance

Just now, Caroline said:

That's the way to go. Some dumb lights won't give you better performance OP.

But, a Flickering Disco light on my PC ain't so bad r8? xd

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

I'd rather spend my budget on a good case and fans that'll last me for 10+ years (probably more for the case if the xATX standard keeps going)

got it, im leaning towards Performance aswell

The only reason my machine has any RGB lighting is because some of my parts included it (motherboard has it built in, CPU cooler, case came with a lighted fan). I did buy some RGB fans for other parts of the case, but I didn't pay extra for the RGB. Besides, I leave them set to a static color all the time. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

56 minutes ago, Zaphkiel said:

Pour all of my budget on my PC Performance

Yes

Asthetics is mostly an afterthought or just thrown out the window for max performance and bang for buck if you ask me

If you are gonna spend like 30-50$ for asthetics on a 1000$ or 1500$ build thats fine but spending half of your budget on asthetics and having to downgrade to a shittier cpu or board is very stupid

Performance >>>>> asthetics

Not only does RGB cost money, I think gimmicky stuff like that in fact makes the computer look less cool; a boring metal box has a more "industrial" look which I prefer. The lack of RGB makes the thing look more like a serious piece of kit and less like a toy.

Going with RGB is gonna be a mess unless you plan it well, and/or are willing to spend premium. Going cheap usually means lack of features and expanding.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

well logical drm basically said what i was going to say. if rgb was not as big of a mess ied say go for it but its a BIG MESS.....

dont get me wrong i built a pc around the x58 times were we had sexy wc no rgb builds but rgb builds can also be sex too. people spent $1000 on fittings on thows non rgb pcs as well so.

i mean you can keep saying to spend more and more on pc parts instead of looks but some propel like looking at there pc...too is it a wast of money ya but there lots of stuff we wast money on.

but if you want to try rgb first ied just do 1 strip. get to no how to control it and if you even like rgb. then plan it out first before buying rgb...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

well logical drm basically said what i was going to say. if rgb was not as big of a mess ied say go for it but its a BIG MESS.....

dont get me wrong i built a pc around the x58 times were we had sexy wc no rgb builds but rgb builds can also be sex too. people spent $1000 on fittings on thows non rgb pcs as well so.

i mean you can keep saying to spend more and more on pc parts instead of looks but some propel like looking at there pc...too is it a wast of money ya but there lots of stuff we wast money on.

but if you want to try rgb first ied just do 1 strip. get to no how to control it and if you even like rgb. then plan it out first before buying rgb...

got it

get the best performing pc parts and if you really want some rgb, get cheapo AliExpress ones, that's what I did

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

2 hours ago, RTX 3090 said:

get the best performing pc parts and if you really want some rgb, get cheapo AliExpress ones, that's what I did

got it

4 hours ago, Zaphkiel said:

got it

If you need fast delivery eBay is the best option. I got 3 fans and 2 LED strips for only £20 (around $30). If you want just fans, make sure to get addressable ones. eBay and Amazon have good return policies, so in the event that you do not like the one you got, you can return it only losing a few pounds from the shipping. 

11 hours ago, RTX 3090 said:

If you need fast delivery eBay is the best option. I got 3 fans and 2 LED strips for only £20 (around $30). If you want just fans, make sure to get addressable ones. eBay and Amazon have good return policies, so in the event that you do not like the one you got, you can return it only losing a few pounds from the shipping. 

amazon is way cheaper then ebay and more variate too or at lest it is in Canada. also amazon way easer to return something thow you do need a printer to print an rma....

on ebay you can argue your case tho if you get scammed. but i lost money on ebay buy having to send stuff back witch cost $20 because i need an tracking number. tho i never sent anything back to amazon yet thow.

ebay the only place to get used stuff online thow even if its just trash....

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

7 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

amazon is way cheaper then ebay

not in the UK, ebay is around 20-40% cheaper on most chinese products and much better for second hand too

also amazon way easer to return something thow you do need a printer to print an rma....

They used to be a lot easier than ebay, however over the years ebay has drastically improved. Just make sure the seller has accepted and you're all set. 

but i lost money on ebay buy having to send stuff back witch cost $20 because i need an tracking number.

ebay provides the exact postage label needed for free so you don't have to bother trying to figure out what features the postage service should have

1 hour ago, RTX 3090 said:

not in the UK, ebay is around 20-40% cheaper on most chinese products and much better for second hand too

They used to be a lot easier than ebay, however over the years ebay has drastically improved. Just make sure the seller has accepted and you're all set. 

ebay provides the exact postage label needed for free so you don't have to bother trying to figure out what features the postage service should have

no it dose not...

8 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

no it dose not...

for me it does in the UK, maybe it is a new feature ? Everything is integrated using their paklink system

1 hour ago, RTX 3090 said:

for me it does in the UK, maybe it is a new feature ? Everything is integrated using their paklink system

you still need to pay at the post office for a tracking number and that cost $20 can for the cheapest smallest package.  bigger will cost even more. i might get my money back for the item but i wont get the shipping back. some times the item is cheaper then the $20 shipping...

Edited by thrasher_565

14 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

you still need to pay at the post office for a tracking number and that cost $20 can for the cheapest smallest package.  bigger will cost even more. i might get my money back for the item but i wont get the shipping back. some times the item is cheaper then the $20 shipping...

not sure about canada, in the UK shipping for a small parcel costs around £4 and if you paid with paypal, they will pay for you return shipping for free 

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns