Some question about 1440p monitor ?

222feb23

I just got 1440p monitor (27GP850) and have some questions about using up-scale setting in Display Settings:
1/ Should i up-scale (using Display Settings) everything because at 100% everything too small but when i up-scale some apps icon look blurry, tried using the "right click -> Compatibility -> Change high DPI settings" but it only fixed the text blurry and icon still blurred, like that Steam icon in the picture (i put the Sharpness in monitor setting about 60%) ?

2/ When i'm up-scale Youtube video look ugly at 1080p and lower (crappy internet so 1440p or higher load too slow not to mention a lot of videos are ole or the channel don't upload higher than 1080p videos), so just accept it ?
3/ Is game up-scale too or when you in game the scaling change back to normal ?

Untitled.png

1440p is an in between resolution that will yield these kind of results. 

The monitor doesn't match most created content and scaling will have some strange results if you aren't using things like the UI at the correct scale. I'd suggest scaling everything to 100% and getting used to it. 

1 hour ago, emosun said:

1440p is an in between resolution that will yield these kind of results. 

The monitor doesn't match most created content and scaling will have some strange results if you aren't using things like the UI at the correct scale. I'd suggest scaling everything to 100% and getting used to it. 

I would like to leave everything at 100% but my pair of glasses a little too thick now so not a great option

18 minutes ago, 222feb23 said:

I would like to leave everything at 100% but my pair of glasses a little too thick now so not a great option

How does it look at 125%?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

3 hours ago, 222feb23 said:

I just got 1440p monitor (27GP850) and have some questions about using up-scale setting in Display Settings:
1/ Should i up-scale (using Display Settings) everything because at 100% everything too small but when i up-scale some apps icon look blurry, tried using the "right click -> Compatibility -> Change high DPI settings" but it only fixed the text blurry and icon still blurred, like that Steam icon in the picture (i put the Sharpness in monitor setting about 60%) ?

The best solution is to not use upscaling. Stuff might look small at first, but you'll get used to it fast. I wouldn't touch the sharpness setting in the monitor OSD at all.

2/ When i'm up-scale Youtube video look ugly at 1080p and lower (crappy internet so 1440p or higher load too slow not to mention a lot of videos are ole or the channel don't upload higher than 1080p videos), so just accept it ?

The Upscaling option in Windows doesn't affect any video platform. A 1080p video should look the same no matter what scaling you have set.

3 hours ago, 222feb23 said:

3/ Is game up-scale too or when you in game the scaling change back to normal ?

Games are normally not affected by windows scaling. Provided you run them in fullscreen mode.

If 100% scaling is not an option for you, then i'd suggest using THIS tool. Just check the bottom box and set it to the scale you want. You only need to run it once and it will be applied automatically after restarting your PC. It fixes most stuff that's blurry with windows 10 scaling, but not everything. I've used it for a long time too.

It looks like this:

image.png.5a7d78c671a403c21098145b37525cb2.png

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 hour ago, DoctorNick said:

How does it look at 125%?

Look good, everything sharp enough, minus 1-2 apps blurry, but only the icon, text all good