Is there such a thing as a good external bluray drive?

Garak
Go to solution Solved by circeseye,
6 hours ago, Garak said:

Been looking at doing a new build, but hard to find a decent case with 5.25 bays, and from having a look around most external bluray drives are not considered very good.

Anyone more in the know able to help me? Thank you.

i use a internal with a sata to usb adapter (make sure it has power adapter). and just pull it out the drawer when i need it

Been looking at doing a new build, but hard to find a decent case with 5.25 bays, and from having a look around most external bluray drives are not considered very good.

I don't know if enclosures are just cheaper in the US, but they seem really expensive in the UK at around £55. ($75)

But it might be the only option, I suppose.

6 hours ago, Garak said:

i use a internal with a sata to usb adapter (make sure it has power adapter). and just pull it out the drawer when i need it

17 hours ago, circeseye said:

Meant to reply to this earlier, following your post I found these to be significantly cheaper and it's the option I've went with. Thank you.

I'm sure it's pretty old by todays standards but I have never had problems with this one.  

ASUS BW-12D1S-U

I use it along with 2 internal LG drives as I buy a lot of movies and tv shows and rip them to my NAS. I'll have all 3 going at once with no problems.