5 meters of UV LED's inside my case.

ericks_comp

Hey, so i was looking for UV LED's. I was thinking of getting the Phobya UV LED's. but for 6cm it was over $30.... $25 for led's plus shipping... 

I looked into ebay and got 5 meters of UV LED's! got a 4pin molex to sata cable, remover the red a back wired. and solder to yellow one to the red, and black to black. so 12v.... 

this 5meters of UV LED's was only $14 free shipping! :) 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271306574038&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:3160 

kinda getto but works. lol also used clear tape... 

post-5531-0-96006100-1396584722_thumb.jp

post-5531-0-53848300-1396584743_thumb.jp

oh boy just you wait until a few specs of dust get on that PSU

That is when you add a strobe controller to the led's and really get the party started ;)

Nice find though, if i hadn't already cured myself of led lights i would be all over this like the plague

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)

Powered by a silverstone strider 500w psu in a NZXT 210.

That is when you add a strobe controller to the led's and really get the party started ;)

Nice find though, if i hadn't already cured myself of led lights i would be all over this like the plague

I was actually considering UV lights because it'd be pretty snazzy since I already have a UV lamp and the lighting effect is noticeable if you look yet subtle. 

though I have mostly black interior so i guess i ain't havin' that shit

And a 5.25 bay disco ball lol

igetthatreference

Error: 410

the reason why phobya (and other high quality brands) are so expensive is because they have REAL UV lights

a UV light is not meant to be seen until it is reflected off of a UV reactive material (such as UV tubing) to give a glow-in-the-dark effect

what you have done is basically lit up your entire case with purple light

this is absolutely NOT what UV lighting is supposed to be like

If you see some properly lit builds using proper UV lighting strips meant specifically for PC, you will notice that barely anything in the case is lit up except for the UV reactive parts

usually only tubing and some times wiring is made UV reactive

the point of UV is to not see any other parts in your case

that is why these 'UV' strips are so cheap, because its basically just purple/blue lighting

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

the reason why phobya (and other high quality brands) are so expensive is because they have REAL UV lights

a UV light is not meant to be seen until it is reflected off of a UV reactive material (such as UV tubing) to give a glow-in-the-dark effect

what you have done is basically lit up your entire case with purple light

this is absolutely NOT what UV lighting is supposed to be like

If you see some properly lit builds using proper UV lighting strips meant specifically for PC, you will notice that barely anything in the case is lit up except for the UV reactive parts

usually only tubing and some times wiring is made UV reactive

the point of UV is to not see any other parts in your case

that is why these 'UV' strips are so cheap, because its basically just purple/blue lighting

For the average end user though they will cut the mustard proper uv doesn't has much of a place outside of showcase rigs that have had such a large amount of money, time and planning invested that the uv lighting cost is almost negligable.

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)