Need Help With Monitor Resolution

Christianm916

So I got this new 27 inch curved monitor from 1920 x 1080 from my 24 inch monitor, but now when I boot my computer it boots to a much smaller resolution and defaults to 60 hertz while its supposed to be 180, I have to shut down and restart the computer multiple times before the resolution and refresh rate are correct, any recommendations to help this please respond this is very annoying 

Right click desktop and go to display settings. There you can adjust your desired resolution.

Salisbury steak isn't steak.

If you have an nvidia graphics card you should be able to simply change the resolution and refreshrate in the nvidia control panel. As for amd I am unsure how to do it but I would imagine there would be a similar solution. Normally most monitors require you to set up the resolution and refreshrate in the control panel once you get a new one. Had the same thing with basically all of my monitors and very few had the correct refreshrate from the start. 

9 minutes ago, Darkwing Drex said:

Right click desktop and go to display settings. There you can adjust your desired resolution.

Ive done that but it only chnages it within the small window and won't go to the entire resolution