Which RPM do you run your fans at?

Theo

Hello,

So I think I have a pretty quiet build, all my fans are running at 950RPMs ( controlled/measured by a Scathe Kaze Master 2 ) and my 680 runs at non audible levels!

What about you guys?

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

I like under 1000 600-800rpm when I'm idling

My fan controller starts an alarm when i try and run them at 700rpm, guessing it cant provide such low voltage ( AP 121 fans )

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Most of my fans spin at around 900 - 1000RPM when I'm just browsing the web or doing simple stuff.

They run pretty much close to the maximum RPM they can achieve when I'm gamin though(I'm not a silence freak like Linus :p)

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

I run my NF-F12s at 200-300 RPM (seriously). my Silverstone AP 121 runs at 5v (not sure what rpm...prolly under 500)

3x Dell U2412M |Silverstone FT03 | Maximus V Gene | 3770K @ 4.5Ghz 1.2V | SLI GTX780 | Mushkin Ridgeback 8GB 1600 CL7 | Corsair AX760

Between 925 and 950 currently. 

I run my NF-F12s at 200-300 RPM (seriously). my Silverstone AP 121 runs at 5v (not sure what rpm...prolly under 500)

Do you manually spin your nf-f12s? lol

Do you manually spin your nf-f12s? lol

yeah if i dont give them a push they don't start lolololoolol. Idle temps are obviously quite high, but as soon as my cpu usage goes up so do my NF-F12s. 75-80C on my 3570K and 50C on my 680.

3x Dell U2412M |Silverstone FT03 | Maximus V Gene | 3770K @ 4.5Ghz 1.2V | SLI GTX780 | Mushkin Ridgeback 8GB 1600 CL7 | Corsair AX760

My 3 ap181s run at 450rpm and my 3 NB eloop B12-2s run on PWM

I keep my four case fans running at around 800 RPM. Not sure what my CPU cooler fans are running at to be honest. My fan on my Seasonic 660XP2 PSU doesn't even turn on unless it needs to, which it never does. The fan on my EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SuperClocked spins at 30% speed when not at extreme loads.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

How do you control your ap181's? Voltage reducer? 

Fan controller unfortuneately. I genuinely have 0 room in the case to fit anything else behind what's left of my mobo tray, so had to use a 5.25 bay fan controller.

Run all my corsair fans with the low-voltage adapter.

So: 2 AF120's in the front, 2 SP120's on the H100, then the NZXT fan which came with the case in the back runs at ~1000rpm plugged straight into the motherboard.

Not even sure if that's a good airflow setup but just how I've had it since i built the rig.

Main PC: i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Corsair H100i V2 | MSI GD65-Z77A | NZXT Tempest 410 Elite | MSI 1080Ti Gaming | Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB @ 1600Mhz | 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Seagate 2TB | Corsair RM650x

Sadly, the fan controller on my GD65 will on bring my fans down to about 800RPM, unless I'm taking about my NF-F12, that thing goes down to 280RPMs.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I run my Noctua's on their low noise adapters. Nice and silent. 

Asus Maximus VI Hero , i5 4670k , 8gb Corsair vengeance ddr3, Asus HD 7970 matrix platinum, Corsair AX860, Ocz agility 3 120gb ssd, 1tb wd green hdd, custom water loop. All in an Antec p280

I got my bitfenix spectre case fans running at 600 rpm and the hyper 212 evo default fan running at 700 rpm. This is for idle. When the temps go up they spin up to like 700-800 rpm. Temps stay at 60C for the cpu and also 60C for my 7850 (both are load temps). I like my pc reeaaally quiet

1900 Unfortunately,

I don't want them that high, just can't seam to get them to undervolt properly at the moment.

I run my noctuas at around probably 1200-1300RPM when I have my computer idling. Ramping them up to 1500RPM doesn't seem to improve their performance all that much, so I usually leave them at that.

My GTX 480s run their fans around 2200-2300RPM at idle and at least 4000RPM under load. It sounds like a hair dryer, but I can ignore it pretty well when I'm playing games.

I run my NB Eloop @~800rpm on an H80i in push only, both at idle and while gaming. I have the Corsair fan in pull and can switch him on and off with a flip switch while he is attached to the Fan Controller of my R4. Case Fans are 95% of the time @5V of the R4 Fan Controller, so dunno what rpm they run at.

Cpu is a 3570k @4.3ghz and GPU is a Sapphire 7970 Dual-X. Both of them run in the low 60's while gaming. The System is almost dead silent while idling, the 7970 gets "pretty loud" while gaming, though its not noticeable as long there is another source of noise(Game sounds etc.).

All of that works only during gaming, I stresstested the system with furmark und prime95 running at the same time and without the Fan Controller @7V and the Corsair Fan switched on the Cpu reached high 80's and even 90°C, while the Gpu was still @aroud 70°C.

I run mine around 1000-1300. my intakes are around 800 though. The grill noise on them is bad... maybe i need some of those new silverstone ap fans.

• 6 years later...
On 5/6/2013 at 6:04 AM, Theo said:

Hello,

So I think I have a pretty quiet build, all my fans are running at 950RPMs ( controlled/measured by a Scathe Kaze Master 2 ) and my 680 runs at non audible levels!

What about you guys?

I know this is an old thread, but i am a noob when it comes to PC knowledge, I would say I have a decent PC (Pre - Built bought Online) and I am kind of concerned about my fans RPM, I have 3 Deepcool RF120 fans at the front, Deepcool Gammmxx 300 CPU cooler fan and a standard coolermaster 120mm fan at the back of the case. Now i am wondering what RPM should they be running at for just every day PC use? My PC is more than capable of running a lot of games at decently high settings but i dont game on PC all that much, I currently run them at around 700 - 800 RPM but my PC still makes some noise that is quite annoying, anything to worry about or am I just being paranoid? lol I just browse the web and run a few programs.

14 hours ago, Nitroh said:

I know this is an old thread, but i am a noob when it comes to PC knowledge, I would say I have a decent PC (Pre - Built bought Online) and I am kind of concerned about my fans RPM, I have 3 Deepcool RF120 fans at the front, Deepcool Gammmxx 300 CPU cooler fan and a standard coolermaster 120mm fan at the back of the case. Now i am wondering what RPM should they be running at for just every day PC use? My PC is more than capable of running a lot of games at decently high settings but i dont game on PC all that much, I currently run them at around 700 - 800 RPM but my PC still makes some noise that is quite annoying, anything to worry about or am I just being paranoid? lol I just browse the web and run a few programs.

Please post a new thread rather than reviewing old one. Your subject of interest isn't even matching this threads core.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv