Should I upgrade my GPU?

Budget (including currency): No budget

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: COD, Far Cry, Control, Subnautica, Minecraft Java and Windows 10, etc. I also play Half-Life: Alyx and maybe in the future some other VR games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Here are my specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Master_Comp7/saved/#view=bQ6GXL  (Lemme know if the link doesn't work)

My monitor is 1440p at 144 hz. I like playing on high/ultra settings if that matters. My GPU handles everything pretty fine but I think that upgrading might be a good idea. I also have another monitor that's 1080p at 60hz but I don't use it for games. I just want some reassurance in my build. It started off as a budget build cause I was just getting into PC gaming, then I changed my graphics card from a rtx1060 to a rx580, then later upgraded my CPU (which meant a new motherboard), RAM, PSU, got an SSD, switched cases and now I'm here. Based on the little research I've done, my CPU can handle a more powerful GPU, you tell me. 

This is unrelated but also sometimes when I boot my computer Windows PowerShell is on my screen running and then it disappears and I can't seem to fix it. I don't even have the program on in Control Panel.

Please help. Thank you. 

Windows powershell cannot be deleted I'm pretty sure, it's like command prompt (cmd) but better. It's possible that an app that is set to startup with your pc is using it hence it appears, you can go into task manager to startup section and see what is starting up with windows, maybe that will help. You can also disable there apps you don't want slowing down your pc on startup. Also reinstalling windows could help.

As for upgrading your gpu, if you are willing to pay scalper prices, sure, though I'd recommend waiting. 

Your cpu can handle most cards, only rtx 3080 and 3090 will bottleneck, most cards will run fine, even rtx 2080 ti or 3070 So it's up to you what you want to.

Otherwise I'm not sure what you want, let me know if you need some more info or something.

Hello 

I Want to know the budget to help you so I can chose a good gpu. But I really don't recommend buying a gpu only when the price is msrp and it is very hard to do that. So if you find these gpu at msrp or near it then go ahead:

Rtx 3080

Rx 6800 xt

Rtx 3070 ti 

Rx 6800

Rtx 3070

Rtx 3060 ti

The higher the gpu = more performance 

41 minutes ago, going.dark141 said:

Hello 

I Want to know the budget to help you so I can chose a good gpu. But I really don't recommend buying a gpu only when the price is msrp and it is very hard to do that. So if you find these gpu at msrp or near it then go ahead:

Rtx 3080

Rx 6800 xt

Rtx 3070 ti 

Rx 6800

Rtx 3070

Rtx 3060 ti

The higher the gpu = more performance 

Right now my budget is around $1500. I plan on waiting for GPU prices to go down anyways tho. 

GPU prices are in the shitter, you ought to wait till that passes

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

1 hour ago, pkvance954 said:

Budget (including currency): No budget

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: COD, Far Cry, Control, Subnautica, Minecraft Java and Windows 10, etc. I also play Half-Life: Alyx and maybe in the future some other VR games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Here are my specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Master_Comp7/saved/#view=bQ6GXL  (Lemme know if the link doesn't work)

My monitor is 1440p at 144 hz. I like playing on high/ultra settings if that matters. My GPU handles everything pretty fine but I think that upgrading might be a good idea. I also have another monitor that's 1080p at 60hz but I don't use it for games. I just want some reassurance in my build. It started off as a budget build cause I was just getting into PC gaming, then I changed my graphics card from a rtx1060 to a rx580, then later upgraded my CPU (which meant a new motherboard), RAM, PSU, got an SSD, switched cases and now I'm here. Based on the little research I've done, my CPU can handle a more powerful GPU, you tell me. 

This is unrelated but also sometimes when I boot my computer Windows PowerShell is on my screen running and then it disappears and I can't seem to fix it. I don't even have the program on in Control Panel.

Please help. Thank you. 

I would personally upgrade your GPU but I would wait like everyone else has said for prices to come down. For the games your playing if you want to run things at max settings and get great frames than I would go for the 3080 if it goes down to MSRP, if you just want a solid card overall and not be out $800, the 3060ti or 3070 are really solid choices. 

Does anyone know WHEN prices are gonna come back down???