Is the Acer Nitro VG240Y a good monitor?

Phantonex

I have a gaming laptop that only has an HDMI 2.0 port. The Amazon reviews for this monitor suggest that since it has HDMI 2.0 it supports 144hz over HDMI. Is this true? If it is, is this a good monitor to get? I want to play at 1080p 144hz in games like Valorant, CSGO, Battlefield, etc. Thanks in advance.

26 minutes ago, Phantonex said:

I have a gaming laptop that only has an HDMI 2.0 port. The Amazon reviews for this monitor suggest that since it has HDMI 2.0 it supports 144hz over HDMI. Is this true? If it is, is this a good monitor to get? I want to play at 1080p 144hz in games like Valorant, CSGO, Battlefield, etc. Thanks in advance.

yes its a good monitor but for 200$ I would go with something cheaper like this one MSI g241 for 180$ but if you are the type of gamer that is super competitive and wanna use every advantage possible this one should be for you BenQ Zowie for 160$

On 6/27/2021 at 4:52 PM, Omar.B said:

yes its a good monitor but for 200$ I would go with something cheaper like this one MSI g241 for 180$ but if you are the type of gamer that is super competitive and wanna use every advantage possible this one should be for you BenQ Zowie for 160$

Does the MSI G241 support 144hz over HDMI? The BenQ one you linked does not.

2 minutes ago, Phantonex said:

Does the MSI G241 support 144hz over HDMI? The BenQ one you linked does not.

Yes the MSI does support 144hz over HDMI MSI Monitor SPEC its in the note section down

2 hours ago, Omar.B said:

Yes the MSI does support 144hz over HDMI MSI Monitor SPEC its in the note section down

Thank you so much! This seems to be the best monitor that fits my needs. 

1 minute ago, Phantonex said:

Thank you so much! This seems to be the best monitor that fits my needs. 

No problem always happy to help!

1 hour ago, Omar.B said:

No problem always happy to help!

Are there any significant differences between the Acer Nitro VG240Y and the MSI G241? The latter is out of stock on Amazon.

7 minutes ago, Phantonex said:

Are there any significant differences between the Acer Nitro VG240Y and the MSI G241? The latter is out of stock on Amazon.

Its on stock at Newegg, Not much difference only in price maybe and I don't know if it support 144hz over hdmi but why pay more on the same thing?