Repair places for usb

Hackatoa

So i have a blue yeti way past any warranty or anything, but it has a broken usb port (not 100% sure the actual type of usb) but i was wondering if any of you knew about any common stores where they would fix this kind of things. I was looking at a place like geek squad but i think they really just do computers and speakers. Also i dont have the skill or any of the parts to fix this thing myself. 

A local electronics repair store might be your best bet, but the cost to repair will probably come pretty close to the cost of a new mic. The parts are cheap, the labour is not.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Your trusted repair shop will do since your problems (at least according to your description) only having broken usb port 

So technically it should be a simple job and will take at most a day to Finnish

01110100 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 00110111 00110000 00100000 01101001 01101110 01100011 01101000 00100000 01110000 01101100 01100001 01110011 01101101 01100001 00100000 01110011 01100011 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101110 00100000 01110100 01110110

Audio Interface I/O LIST v2

7 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

A local electronics repair store might be your best bet, but the cost to repair will probably come pretty close to the cost of a new mic. The parts are cheap, the labour is not.

I mean if labor is that high would it be more worth to just buy a soldering set off amazon and the part my self and taking the risk.  From what it looks its not the hardest to do. 

1 minute ago, Hackatoa said:

I mean if labor is that high would it be more worth to just buy a soldering set off amazon and the part my self and taking the risk.  From what it looks its not the hardest to do. 

If you are confident of your abilities, then yes, it isn't difficult, it's just the labour that gets you (from a repair-shop POV)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

If you are confident of your abilities, then yes, it isn't difficult, it's just the labour that gets you (from a repair-shop POV)

ill proably get a quote on a price then decide what is best thx for the help

13 minutes ago, Hackatoa said:

If you are willing to take that risk, then it could be worth it to save on the repair costs, and you then have the equipment to use later down the road if needed. If you can get a reasonable price quote for a shop to repair it then that will save you the hassle and risk.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

16 hours ago, Hackatoa said:

So i have a blue yeti way past any warranty or anything, but it has a broken usb port (not 100% sure the actual type of usb) but i was wondering if any of you knew about any common stores where they would fix this kind of things. I was looking at a place like geek squad but i think they really just do computers and speakers. Also i dont have the skill or any of the parts to fix this thing myself. 

It’s USB mini B or mini USB Type B

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm9Mwc

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk. 

Other projects I am working on 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

Look at it this way, if it doesn’t work out after your attempt to fix it you just cut the end off then can let someone more confident in soldering a usb connector do it. Always worth a go. And you’ll lose a couple of cm of cable at most.

it’s a good skill to get a grasp of and may as well start somewhere 🙂

Regarding the DIY route here are my 2 cents. If that microphone has USB B connector, it will be through hole component that is easy to swap. In the case of mini or micro connector, those are SMD connectors and they can be tricky to solder for non experienced person. Also, there is a chance that connector PCB traces are also broken and I’ve seen many of those cases with mini or micro USB connectors. Finally , regarding the suggestion to attempt the repair, OP should be aware that that operation could make the issue worse. And I know lots of experienced service technicians who would refuse to fix someone else’s repair attempts after that attempt made an issue worse.