Please don't kill me..... But i want to enable SLI just for 3DMark

theskaz
Go to solution Solved by Kilrah,

Looks like one of the 8x slots will be downgraded to x4 if the DIMM.2 slot is enabled, check it isn't

So I finally got a 3 slot nvlink for my 3090s. and just in time for nvidia to remove SLI from their drivers. I would like to see what kind of score I can get with my setup and 3dmark will not use the 2nd card at all. I have tried reverting back to January 26 driver and did a clean install. that still didnt allow the SLI option in control panel.

Does anyone have any info on that?

NVidia hasn't removed SLI from their drivers. It makes no sense for them to do so as the 3090 supports SLI over NVLink.

What motherboard and CPU do you have? What's more likely is that the motherboard or CPU you have doesn't support x8/x8 on the PCIe slots you have it in, or you haven't set it to that in the BIOS.

elephants

Asus Maximus XII Extreme, 10900k. I verified that the Mobo does support SLI. and I didnt see anything in the bios to explicitly disable or enable it. I do have the following settings:

Rebar is Auto

Above 4G decoding is Enabled

and PCIEx4 is set to 4x instead of 2x but that should only affect HDDs plugged into SATA5 and 6

image.png.ec813ba2044774b6337e36e1f888340a.png

Looks like one of the 8x slots will be downgraded to x4 if the DIMM.2 slot is enabled, check it isn't

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, theskaz said:

Asus Maximus XII Extreme, 10900k. I verified that the Mobo does support SLI. and I didnt see anything in the bios to explicitly disable or enable it. I do have the following settings:

Rebar is Auto

Above 4G decoding is Enabled

and PCIEx4 is set to 4x instead of 2x but that should only affect HDDs plugged into SATA5 and 6

Quote people so that we get notified of our replies. There should be an arrow button below the posts - hit it and it'll put a quote of our post in your post!

Just to rule it out, try installing 456.38.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/163531/

It's the first driver to support the 3090 AFAIK, so if there is a problem with newer drivers and SLI then this should fix it. Make sure to run DDU beforehand though. Here's a guide:
https://levvvel.com/how-to-use-ddu/

elephants

5 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

You were right. I disabled that and rebooted. Got the little notification that SLI is possibleimage.png.7b6433c7339dc152aa319438b346bf09.png

This is with my normal workload running (Teams, discord, etc)

image.thumb.png.33e7b0fd5d402d083b43c4768bff43d8.png