Got new GPU now i have Framedrops in a few games.

GoldenDarkness

Hello,

I just bought a new GPU, the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, and now a few games dont work without massive fps drops, Games like Forza Horizon 4 Windows Store, Halo MCC on Steam.

But a few Games work better then ever like Metro Exodus with rtx on, i have no frame drops, and in Valorat too, and all my VR games work perfektly.

I did DDU, and if its a driver problem from Nvidias driver i am sorry to waste your time.

My Setup

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G

Intel i7 7700k

Msi H110M PRO-VD Motherboard

16gb ram (2X8gb)

My GPU i had before was a GTX 1080.

Thanks in advance.

Not knowing the PSU, thats where i would start looking.

But also check temps. And usage.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

20 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Not knowing the PSU, thats where i would start looking.

But also check temps. And usage.

I have a 450 PSU and temps ar always in the in the green i looked into that and that is not the problem unfortinatly, usage is like always becouse i play with 170 fps cap 95 or 98 on GPU and CPU. and here some side info when i play games in 60 fps cap only use 40 percent in GPU and CPU.

17 minutes ago, GoldenDarkness said:

I have a 450 PSU and temps ar always in the in the green i looked into that and that is not the problem unfortinatly, usage is like always becouse i play with 170 fps cap 95 or 98 on GPU and CPU.

you have a 450 watt PSU?? 

10 minutes ago, GoldenDarkness said:

I have a 450 PSU and temps ar always in the in the green i looked into that and that is not the problem unfortinatly.

450W seems a bit low for your system, at least if you have many peripherals or HDD/SSD. If you are doing any overclocking you will likely exceed that, or if there are any power spikes like the RTX 3000 series somtimes have.

I'm not saying that is the issue, but I will recommend upgrading that regardless.

Are you using two seperate power cables to the GPU, or one with a splitter?

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

1 minute ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

you have a 450 watt PSU?? 

yes and i looked it up and it is enugh i dont have money to make a whole new pc yet i wanna replace that shitty mainboard too.

3 minutes ago, Tegneren said:

450W seems a bit low for your system, at least if you have many peripherals or HDD/SSD. If you are doing any overclocking you will likely exceed that, or if there are any power spikes like the RTX 3000 series somtimes have.

I'm not saying that is the issue, but I will recommend upgrading that regardless.

Are you using two seperate power cables to the GPU, or one with a splitter?

its two seperate and i dont overclock. I will uprade it when i build a new PC. and i have one ssd and one hdd and an extern hybdrid.

4 minutes ago, GoldenDarkness said:

yes and i looked it up and it is enugh i dont have money to make a whole new pc yet i wanna replace that shitty mainboard too.

You shouldn't blindly trust the PSU calculators out there, if that's what you used.

Just because the PSU claims 450W dont mean it can deliver that reliably, especially the cheap ones. What exact PSU do you have?

If there are one component you dont cheap out on, its the PSU.

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

2 minutes ago, Tegneren said:

You shouldn't blindly trust the PSU calculators out there, if that's what you used.

Just because the PSU claims 450W dont mean it can deliver that reliably, especially the cheap ones. What exact PSU do you have?

If there are one component you dont cheap out on, its the PSU.

its not the PSU i jused pcpartpicker for that and my problem is why can i play metro exodus with rtx on everything on ultra with more than 60 fps but not forza horizon 4? and the PSU is not a cheap one. but unfortanatly i cant look it ub right now what i have.

7 minutes ago, GoldenDarkness said:

its not the PSU i jused pcpartpicker for that and my problem is why can i play metro exodus with rtx on everything on ultra with more than 60 fps but not forza horizon 4? and the PSU is not a cheap one. but unfortanatly i cant look it ub right now what i have.

If you know its not the PSU why even ask?
Pretty sure its the PSU btw...

450Watt is nothing, even if its a quality PSU it will give troubles for the system you have.

There is a reason Nvidia recommends 650Watts or above for that exact GPU. 😉

8 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

If you know its not the PSU why even ask?
Pretty sure its the PSU btw...

450Watt is nothing, even if its a quality PSU it will give troubles for the system you have.

There is a reason Nvidia recommends 650Watts or above for that exact GPU. 😉

good if its the PSU why can i play games like metro in 60+ fps in some parts 100 fps without framedrops, but not Forza horizon 4 with more then 60fps if i play it with more then 60 fps it starts to framedrop. and when i start Valorant i can play it with 170fps no framedrops.

i am very sorry if it sounds bad or roud english is not my first language.

Just now, GoldenDarkness said:

good if its the PSU why can i play games like metro in 60+ fps in some parts 100 fps without framedrops, but not Forza horizon 4 with more then 60fps if i play it with more then 60 fps it starts to framedrop. and when i start Valorant i can play it with 170fps no framedrops.

Different games use different ways of calculating the enviroment.

But yes this is a weird one.

Im only stressing the PSU part since its most important part of a PC and can last trough many PCs so its worth getting a good one.

It can indeed be something else.
Are you able to open up the case and see if it works better with more cool air?

10 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Im only stressing the PSU part since its most important part of a PC and can last trough many PCs so its worth getting a good one.

i will try it and yes i will bulid a whole new pc around my rtx 3070 as soon as december.

A 450W PSU is not adequate for that system. Especially when you haven't mentioned what model of 450W PSU it is.

Thank God your H110 motherboard keeps you from trying to overclock that 7700k. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

23 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

i oppend it no difference, by the way i found out its a 500 PSU

10 minutes ago, Middcore said:

A 450W PSU is not adequate for that system. Especially when you haven't mentioned what model of 450W PSU it is.

Thank God your H110 motherboard keeps you from trying to overclock that 7700k. 

i know i bulid a new pc, december around my rtx 3070, by the way you can overclock with that mainboard i just dont wanna overclock it, or at least you can change all the values.

A 500W PSU is not adequate for your system. Especially since from the fact you apparently don't know what model 500W PSU it is, I'm going to surmise it's not a very good one. 

Beyond that, have you monitored your CPU and GPU usage in games compared to when you had the 1080?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

4 minutes ago, Middcore said:

A 500W PSU is not adequate for your system. Especially since from the fact you apparently don't know what model 500W PSU it is, I'm going to surmise it's not a very good one. 

Beyond that, have you monitored your CPU and GPU usage in games compared to when you had the 1080?

it is a CSL PSU one i have and always 96 - 98 percent usage on both GPUs

So i did a few extra test and found out that my CPU is broken or my PSU is broken, or maybe both.

the test included removing the rtx and doing test and test with the rtx. 

found out that my cpu always goes up in power and down in power up and down when on more then 97 percent.

my frind that is an electrician said that the PSU is broken.