MSI mag274qrf-qd vs LG 27gl850-b

Crypt1c

Hi, I’m looking for a 1440p monitor for my ps5 (through 4k downscaling) and pc. I’ve narrowed it down to the msi mag274qrf-qd and the lg 27gl850-b. These two are the closest to my ideal monitor but there are some issues I’m worried about. 
For the msi mag274qrf-qd:

• The over saturation issue
  • I’ve heard of some qc issues

For the lg 27gl850-b:

• Low contrast ratio (Although, I’m upgrading from a TN panel (asus mg248q) so I’m not sure how different the contrast ratio would be)

Which one should I go for?

About the MSI monitor:

I have not heard about any QC issues, but the oversaturation cannot be fixed on the monitor itself or the PS5 for that matter. On the PC you could fix it with a proper hardware calibration so some extend. But that's an oversight from MSI because the don't have a proper sRGB picture mode.

About the LG monitor:

Generally about the same performance as the MSI one, but it's contrast ratio is often more around 750:1 compared to the 1000:1 that's in the specs. That will result in slightly brighter black levels. So basically the monitor cannot display as deep of a black. But imo the difference between 750:1 and 1000:1 is not that high and in fact both are bad results. If you need a good contrast ratio, then you generally shouldn't look at IPS monitors. But with this monitor you can at least switch into a sRGB mode that will prevent oversaturation.

It's worth mentioning thought that the LG 27GL850 (2019 model) is a few years old by now and there are 2 newer versions of the same monitor. The 27GN850 (2020 model) is pretty much the exact same monitor, but it's missing the integrated USB hub. The 27GP850 (2021 model) is slightly faster, has a refresh rate of 180Hz, and has a new OSD. Plus it adds black frame insertion if that's important to you. Depending on the price they might be worth looking at.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.