Is there a Tier list for fans?

Eighjan
7 minutes ago, NorKris said:

waiit, Why do we recommend the P12 again?? 😄 

Simple: Because the ARGB version is over 100% more expensive. Many people shopping for value fans don't want ARGB and rather save half the money. I'm not saying the ARGB fan is not worth it by itself. But the value is "bad" compared to the standard P12 PWM PST. However when looking at other ARGB fans, it's very good value.

Price example (currently in germany):

Lowest listed price that is in stock for the P12 PWM PST: 5,45€

Lowest listed price that is in stock for the P12 ARGB PWM PST: 12,80€

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

Simple: Because the ARGB version is 100% more expensive. Many people shopping for value fans don't want ARGB and rather save half the money. I'm not saying the ARGB fan is not worth it by itself. But the value is "bad" compared to the standard P12 PWM PST. However when looking at other ARGB fans, it's very good value.

Price example (currently in germany):

Lowest listed price that is in stock for the P12 PWM PST: 5,45€

Lowest listed price that is in stock for the P12 ARGB PWM PST: 12,80€

i know it was abit of a joke 😛 

4 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

That's the biggest downside of be Quiet fans. Thanks for bringing that up. Forgot to write about that. Be Quiet fans generally perform poorly on radiators.

Maybe you seen this normal version not high speed ? Normal version rated only 1,79 air pressure than high speed is rated 3.37 that 120mm if you look 140mm yea they poor even high speed only 2.16

4 hours ago, NorKris said:

4 extra bucks for less hum, more ARGB

RGB, for me, is a non-starter.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

44 minutes ago, MinR said:

Maybe you seen this normal version not high speed ? Normal version rated only 1,79 air pressure than high speed is rated 3.37 that 120mm if you look 140mm yea they poor even high speed only 2.16

Even the high speed is not that good on rads. And when you go for high speed fans you lose the only advantage the be Quiet fans have. Low-noise.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

45 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Even the high speed is not that good on rads. And when you go for high speed fans you lose the only advantage the be Quiet fans have. Low-noise.

I not agree most brand achieve way more dB even they spin only 1400-1500 RPM and at that RPM they all achieve way lower air pressure. There is some Noctua that achieve 7,63 but at what cost 3000 RPM with 43 dB? Noctua have some fans with 2000 RPM that is just slightly better air pressure than Be Quite high speed however they slightly loud as well. As far as I know for radiators and CPU cooler air pressure is more important than CFM rate.

5 minutes ago, MinR said:

I not agree most brand achieve way more dB even they spin only 1400-1500 RPM and at that RPM they all achieve way lower air pressure. There is some Noctua that achieve 7,63 but at what cost 3000 RPM with 43 dB? Noctua have some fans with 2000 RPM that is just slightly better air pressure than Be Quite high speed however they slightly loud as well. As far as I know for radiators and CPU cooler air pressure is more important than CFM rate.

are you looking at the non-standard manufacturers way of giving u numbers now? 

I’d like to know the static pressure & different RPMs during reviews of fans. Seems we only get told the MAX static pressure in most cases, which is misleading as the fans wouldn’t be used at max RPM most of the time.

Maybe these stats are out there, but I just haven’t come across them in most reviews.

Noctua A12x25's for everything is my vote, case fan intake and exhaust and radiatiors

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

21 minutes ago, Daethz said:

Noctua A12x25's for everything is my vote, case fan intake and exhaust and radiatiors

All but not look good 😄 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 9:53 PM, Daethz said:

In my 4000D case I only have A12x25's. Have 6 of them now, and considering to change my Kraken X73 cooler with Noctua AIR Cooler. 
Either the NH-D15 (but I don't think I can use A12x25 on that cooler?) or maybe NH-U12A. 

As for now the rad is in front, and 3 of the A12x25's is in push mode on the rad as intake. 

2 A12-25's as Exhaust in the top, and the last one in the back of the case. 

On 6/26/2021 at 10:15 PM, NorKris said:

All but not look good 😄 

I agree on that, but performance and sound before look I think. But the price on those fans in Norway, oh lord, but again silent/ good sound and good temps. 
And also, all fans in same color 😛 so I don't have to use 2 Corsair fans (black and grey) and black NZXT fans, that are noisy (both Corsair and NZXT). 

I was considering the Artic P12 but it was out of stock everywhere, so, then it had to be noctua😄 

3 minutes ago, LazyTurtle1990 said:

I agree on that, but performance and sound before look I think. But the price on those fans in Norway, oh lord, but again silent/ good sound and good temps. 
And also, all fans in same color 😛 so I don't have to use 2 Corsair fans (black and grey) and black NZXT fans, that are noisy (both Corsair and NZXT). 

I was considering the Artic P12 but it was out of stock everywhere, so, then it had to be noctua😄 

https://www.multicom.no/arctic-p12-pwm-kabinettvifte/cat-p/c/p10433224

https://www.proshop.no/Kabinettkjoeler/Arctic-P12-PWM-PST-CO-Kabinettvifte-120-mm-23-dBA/2734500

ye out of stock 🤔

12 minutes ago, NorKris said:

It was out of stock in january/ february, when I did build my PC 🙂 
NetOnNet had NF-A12x25 at the "Lagershop" that is 1.hour ish from where I live, and I had the money so it was a easy choice back then, as there was "unkown delivery date" on proshop and multicom.

If I had build it today, I think I would have bought P12 from Multicom (as their website seems more professional than proshop), but it would not benefit me now to buy P12 🙂 

On 6/25/2021 at 6:28 PM, Ralfi said:

I’d like to know the static pressure & different RPMs during reviews of fans. Seems we only get told the MAX static pressure in most cases, which is misleading as the fans wouldn’t be used at max RPM most of the time.

Maybe these stats are out there, but I just haven’t come across them in most reviews.

https://martinsliquidlab.wordpress.com/2013/02/18/why-static-pressure-max-flow-specs-are-poor-measures-of-fan-performance/

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links