Your Opinion Matters, best cooling orientation

Hi,

I have open loop cooling my 5.2ghz 9700K.

Current orientation

Pump - CPU - 360mm Radiator (Exaust) - Pump

I will get another 140mm Radiator to mount on back.

suggested orientation

Pump - 140mm Radiator (intake)- CPU

- 360mm Radiator (exaust) - Pump 

Reason for having the 140mm as intake is to get fresh air into the loop since the upper Radiator is acting as an exaust for the GPU hot air.

Can't mount the 360mm Radiator in front as it will not fit with the reservoir due to GPU length.

Suggestions?

Thanks

413B2B81-B4E7-4D52-977D-91E5F10A1901.jpeg

7 minutes ago, KhaderKh said:

Hi,

I have open loop cooling my 5.2ghz 9700K.

Current orientation

Pump - CPU - 360mm Radiator (Exaust) - Pump

I will get another 140mm Radiator to mount on back.

suggested orientation

Pump - 140mm Radiator (intake)- CPU

- 360mm Radiator (exaust) - Pump 

Reason for having the 140mm as intake is to get fresh air into the loop since the upper Radiator is acting as an exaust for the GPU hot air.

Can't mount the 360mm Radiator in front as it will not fit with the reservoir due to GPU length.

Suggestions?

Thanks

I don't think that there will be any noticeable difference in the temperature regardless of the position of specific water cooling part. The coolant will be moving so fast it wouldn't really matter. If you had more components being water cooled then maybe there could be a difference, but it would be more because of the fact that the flow will more restricted. The more radiators, blocks and fittings you have the lesser the flow will be. This is also why some people opt to have separate loops for CPU and GPU or if these are under the same loop, do add a second pump. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Loop order doesn't matter. Your main benefit will come from the extra radiator and changing intake to exhaust or vice versa. I would switch the 360 mm radiator to intake. It seems more beneficial to me to cool the big rad with cool outside air versus the smaller one.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

No matter how many times its said people still ask the same question over and over again 🤦‍♂️

Loop order doesn't matter, once the loop gets up to its nominal temp it will be there and that is it