Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, so I'm about to start a job and then have the opportunity to upgrade my current Ryzen 5 first gen system.
I thought about upgrading to the Ryzen 5 5600x and a b550 Motherboard. I've somewhere read that AMD's 5000 gen cpus aren't as stable as the older chips (idk if that's true).

What are your experiences with amd's newest chips? Anything would be much appreciated 馃檪

PS: I really like amd and there's no way going blue here so there's no point in recommending me anything from Intel

They don't do very well with 4 sticks of RAM, I've been running my 5800x with 2 sticks since December and have yet to have a crash or blue screen聽

15 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

They don't do very well with 4 sticks of RAM, I've been running my 5800x with 2 sticks since December and have yet to have a crash or blue screen聽

I guess I didn't know that, seeing as I haven't been looking to upgrade my CPU for a minute. What causes the crashes on 4 sticks compared to 2?

I built a 5600x rig a few months ago and have been overall happy with it.

I also just discovered Precious Boost Overdrive (PBO), which is an automatic overclock of sorts, and that has been glorious.

So much extra performance with just a couple settings changes!

PSU Tier List聽 聽 聽 AMD Motherboard Tier List聽 聽 聽 SSD Tier List

If I helped you out, please leave a thumbs up. It's appreciated.

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the聽community.

Not a single bad experience on my end. I updated my BIOS to the latest version supporting Ryzen 5000, and it was literally plug-and-play.聽馃攲

I socketed the CPU, mounted the cooler, enabled XMP, fiddled around with overclocking, and the rest is history.聽馃檪

I haven't had any problems to report whatsoever, especially in terms of stability.聽

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X聽 GPU:聽EVGA RTX 3070 Ti (FTW3 Ultra)聽 MOBO:聽MSI Gaming Pro Carbon (X470)聽 RAM:聽G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB聽DDR4-3600 (2x8GB)

COOLER:聽EVGA CLC 280聽 STORAGE:聽G.SKILL Phoenix FTL 240GB SSD, Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, Toshiba聽DT01ACA200 7200RPM 2TB HDD

PSU:聽EVGA GQ-1000W 80+ Gold聽 CASE: The MESHMOD v1.0聽(Custom Deepcool Matrexx 70 chassis)聽聽MONITOR:聽AOC 24G2 144Hz (IPS)聽

MOUSE:聽Logitech G502 HERO (wired)聽 KEYBOARD:聽Rosewill K81 RGB (Kailh Brown)聽 HEADPHONE'S/IEM'S:聽Drop x Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee's, Blon BL-03's聽

STUDIO MONITORS:聽Mackie MR524's聽 聽MIC:聽Blue Yeti (blackout)聽 AMPLIFIER: SMSL SP200 THX AAA-888DAC: SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII (AK4493 Version)

CONTROLLER: Microsoft Xbox Wireless Controller (new 2020 version)

MY SETUP:https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/vKNbgt

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:TechSpace

MY TWITTER:聽@TechSpaceHQ

20 hours ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Do you have a reference to this? I haven't seen this anywhere and I've been running my 5600x with 4x8 at 3200 (XMP) for a few months now with zero issues. I'm wondering if that's an issue with specific boards and RAM.

On 6/12/2021 at 9:58 PM, 8-Bit Ninja said:

I have been running a b550 mortar, 5600x and 4x8 @3200mhz without issue since launch. Have not had any crashes yet.

0 problems with my 5600x in 6 months of use. I don't know where anecdotal reports of them being less stable come from.

First-gen Ryzen could be kind of fiddly but I have now used Ryzen 2000, 3000, and 5000 chips without any issues whatsoever.聽

Friends don't let friends use Userbenchmark. Ban the term聽"bottleneck." Corps aren't your friends. If the PC does what you need it to do well enough, it's good enough. Don't build the "best" system, build the system that makes you happy.聽

System specs:

Ryzen 5 5600X w/Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo聽| ASRock B550 PG Velocita | Radeon RX 6800 Reference

16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600mhz CL16 | 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 3TB Toshiba P300

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact | Seasonic Focus GX 750W