Google Releases New Pixel Buds

Rosette

Summary

Google has started pre-orders for the new Google Pixel Buds A-Series, a pair of $99 truly wireless earbuds.

My thoughts

This is a great option for anyone looking for a quality pair of earbuds without going up to an AirPods level of cash.  Some of the removed niceties make sense, like wireless charging, volume control (taps are much cheaper than swipes) and sweat resistance for the case (the earbuds themselves still have it though) however, I feel as though some of them didn't have to be removed- such as the wind reduction feature for phone calls.

Sources

https://store.google.com/product/pixel_buds_a_series

Edited by Rosette
Remove all of the italicised text before posting.

Still hate these in-ear designs. Sure nice for noise cancelling but they fall out on me like other things in life

What's the difference between these and the other tws pixel buds

I mean if they only support AAC there's no point in buying these over AirPods you could probably find at the same price, especially if you hate in-ear designs.

On 6/6/2021 at 12:07 AM, Bratstech said:

What's the difference between these and the other tws pixel buds

Pardon the late follow-up, but a few things:

- No wireless charging

- No wind reduction

- No swipe for volume control

- No attention alerts (i.e. baby crying, that sort of thing)

- Only the earbuds are water-resistant

It's a pretty smart approach to cutting costs. Most people won't notice these differences, but they'll save you a lot of money. I'd still get AirPods over the Pixel Buds A if you're an iPhone user and can find some good pricing, but they're a good "default" pick for Android.

4 hours ago, Commodus said:

Pardon the late follow-up, but a few things:

- No wireless charging

- No wind reduction

- No swipe for volume control

- No attention alerts (i.e. baby crying, that sort of thing)

- Only the earbuds are water-resistant

It's a pretty smart approach to cutting costs. Most people won't notice these differences, but they'll save you a lot of money. I'd still get AirPods over the Pixel Buds A if you're an iPhone user and can find some good pricing, but they're a good "default" pick for Android.

do the new pixel buds have ANC?

13 minutes ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

do the new pixel buds have ANC?

They have adaptive sound that adjusts volume based on ambient noise, but not true ANC as I understand it. So you won't be drowned out by a busy city street, but you won't block those street sounds, either.

3 hours ago, Sakuriru said:

I have some Bose sport in-ears and they don't fall out even with the most sweaty of my exercise routines.

Not all ears are the same and tips that come with them aren't ubiquitous 

16 hours ago, Sakuriru said:

I have some Bose sport in-ears and they don't fall out even with the most sweaty of my exercise routines.

Bose have some of the best "wing" design for the eartips imo. Soft but secure. My only issue is how big the earbuds are so they stick out too much and they don't have ANC.

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master