Best heatsink for under 60 $

ryujians

I am upgrading my rig and want to overclock And game a 4ghz with fairly cool temps. I have a fx8120 and will be getting a corsair c70 case. What heatsink do i need?

If your willing to put $20 more towards it you can get a Noctua D14, renowned as the best heatsink on the market

Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev.A

I could not find that heatsink

If your willing to put $20 more towards it you can get a Noctua D14, renowned as the best heatsink on the market

I like noctua but I think that fan I'd wsy overkill id there something cheaper and smaller from them

For ~$35, you can get the https://pcpartpicker.com/part/xigmatek-cpu-cooler-darkknightsd1283nighthawkedition. For the price, it is GREAT. Once you start spending $60, it may not get quite as good temps as those coolers (I don't have any benchmarks to reference).

This Phanteks model (PH-TC12DX) is also a good choice, and it comes in a lot of colors. It is $50-$60 depending on the color.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

I could not find that heatsink

http://www.amazon.com/Thermalright-Macho-Support-Socket-Driver/dp/B009MS326U/ref=sr_1_1?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1367765940&sr=1-1&keywords=thermalright

Don't know why Thermalright is so hard to find in the US, in germany the HR-02 Macho beats everything  in price/performance.

Even the all mighty Noctua NH-D14 loses against the cheaper Thermalright Silver Arrow

The thermalright looks good but fo u think I should add another fan to it for push pull if so which one

Thanks I think im going to go with the thermalright one it looks very good and I have read many reviews on it

For ~$35, you can get the https://pcpartpicker.com/part/xigmatek-cpu-cooler-darkknightsd1283nighthawkedition. For the price, it is GREAT. Once you start spending $60, it may not get quite as good temps as those coolers (I don't have any benchmarks to reference).

This Phanteks model (PH-TC12DX) is also a good choice, and it comes in a lot of colors. It is $50-$60 depending on the color.

Have this one. I can say it is great looking and performs great as well. easy 4.0+ ghz on this cooler. 

Across the vast and majestic gulf of time and space, the jimmies rustle softly.

xigmatek dark knight 2

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I like noctua but I think that fan I'd wsy overkill id there something cheaper and smaller from them

FX processors run pretty damn hot, so if you want to do much overclocking you might need something that big.

Otherwise maybe look at a 212evo, about $35 and is the best value for money going around

I have had very good luck with my Hyper 212+ in my hackintosh.  Like it so much in fact that I bought a Hyper EVO for my new Haswell gaming rig build.  For ~$30 it can't be beat IMO.

Intel Haswell Core i5-4670K -- Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 -- XFX 6950 2GB / HIS 6950 2GB -- MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming -- 128GB Crucial M4 SSD -- 1TB WD Blue HDD -- CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO -- Asus 24" 1080p -- Windows 8.1 64bit

See if you can find a used D14 or something like that. I just bought an alpenfohn K2 (similar performance to the D14) for $62 shipped.

Otherwise, get a prolimitech megahalems or a havik 140.

I have the FX 8350 and cools it with Artic Freezer 30 A, very pleased!

hyper 212 (20$) + noctua nff12 (20$)

you could add another fan but it does nothing for performance,

so with the 20$ left go buy burgers or something....

you could also buy any other fan for the cooler because the stock one is kinda loud.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

read this review

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1642/pg3/thermalright-macho-reva-bw-cpu-cooler-review-installation-and-performance.html

3770k@5GHz and 1.45V @ 51°C you really don't need more cooling performance :D

What are they cooling with Arctic air, the Stock HSF can take a 3770K to 5.0Ghz and only get 85c temps... ya right.

Ive been scouring over coolers for a totally air cooled solution for all of my stuff and for that price range the best you will get is either the NZXT Havik 140 or Xigmatek Dark Knight II

Intel Core I5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz w/ Hyper 212 EVO Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H 8GB Patriot Viper 3 1600Mhz CL9 Gigabyte Windforce 3X 7950 @ 1100/1550 Samsung 830 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Fractal Design ​Define R4 Seasonic M12II 750Watt

Cooler Master 212 Evo, for only $35 you would be a fool not to buy it, also you can put teh money that you saved on the heatsink into something else like a better cpu or gpu.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

The stock cooler will handle 4GHz and ya chip will handle 75c ish  , save ya money buy something worth spending money on

I have a Intel I7 2700k that is overclocked to 4.4/4.5 GHZ Stable on my Cooler Master 212 Evo with a little bit of over voltage and right now it run pretty warm/hot of course when its one full load, however when idle and/or watching encoded video/Youtube, it runs pretty cools, under 35 degrees.

cooler master hyper 212 and you can probably go to like 5ghz

I would go with a Macho HR-02. I considered that one but I got an used NH-D14 for half the price. You should look into some second-hand stuff too.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II