How do you manage your school email and your personal email tabs?

I use Microsoft Edge as my main browser as Chrome doesn't fit my needs, (Plus collections is useful, I am happy they brought Microsoft Cache back)

Anyway, I'll be starting college in the fall for computer repair, and I've noticed that there is no indication (other than title, still the same favicon) which one is personal and which one is an organization account. (My college uses Gmail)

I am hoping there is an extension for Chrome/Edge that can make it pop out more but I am not opposed to making Firefox my main school browser. 

Thank you for any replies, or tips on how you manage it. 🖖

I use separate profiles to keep my personal and work related activities separate. Would thwt not satisfy your needs? 

That way it's like having two separate browsers. One with the history, logins and favorites of your school account, and one with your personal. 

Seems like a better idea than installing another browser. 

I usually just create a exchange user account on my pc. Keeps everything separate, and I still get administrator control of my account.

The geek himself.

I never have issues telling accounts apart, and I'm generally running 2-3 at the same time, though in Chrome.  As long as I don't have too many tabs open simultaneously, Gmail is pretty clear in the tab labels about what account is open in which tab.  I'm also typically running two screens and therefore two open browser windows, though, so that also helps.

Current Personal Rig

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X w/ Corsair H60 AIO   MB: ASRock B450 Steel Legend ATX  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 (2x16)  GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 XC Gaming  PSU: EVGA 750GQ Semi-Modular  Storage: 500 GB WD Black M.2 NVMe + 1 TB 2.5" SSD  WiFi: TP-Link Archer TX3000E  Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mini  Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired  Monitor: Gigabyte G27FC 27"

6 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I use separate profiles to keep my personal and work related activities separate. Would thwt not satisfy your needs? 

That way it's like having two separate browsers. One with the history, logins and favorites of your school account, and one with your personal. 

Seems like a better idea than installing another browser. 

I honestly forgot that this feature existed in most browsers, as I never really needed it until now. Thanks!

Are there any extensions to open domains automatically in a separate profile?

2 minutes ago, Science Officer Spock said:

I honestly forgot that this feature existed in most browsers, as I never really needed it until now. Thanks!

Are there any extensions to open domains automatically in a separate profile?

Do you mean this? https://www.choosyosx.com/

4 minutes ago, aeliasov9 said:

Do you mean this? https://www.choosyosx.com/

Sadly, at least by default, it doesn't recognize browser profiles, but that would be useful for opening links in the browser when using Apple Mail in the designated browser. Thanks!

I would recommend Firefox with the Container extension.

You can assign URL's to a certain container that completely acts as a new instance of Firefox with it's own cookies, etc.

I work as an consultant for multiple companies and this is the way I keep everything separate, different Office 365 enviroments, personal stuff, shopping, etc. This keeps my browser experience clean.

Edit: And it gives visual cues on what container you are in.

I just use everything on the same browser. I don't really receive so many personal e-mails that I need a separate tab.

However, since google chat is acting up for me on chrome, I have actually installed it as a separate "program" via the new Edge Chrome and it works splendidly. Maybe you could consider doing that? 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

My school uses Outlook and my two personal Email are both Gmail. I just have everything neatly organised in Browser Bookmark Folders. 

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

I use edge for school and chrome for personal use. That alone makes it very easy to keep track of things without and real effort honestly

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

I use Thunderbird for desktop and have my personal emails in there. For school emails I have always used forwarding, with added alias on client side to show as if I'm sending from the school email. For work, I only have those on work devices. At the moment I have no need to look at work stuff while not at work. Minus last summer when I did have need to check some "must-do" things while getting ready at home.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv