I need some advice, stuck in ASUS support hell, living nightmare since January

NickKz

Purchased a new Asus ProArt PA32UC monitor from B&H and it had multiple stuck pixels out of the box

Other than the stuck pixels though, I really liked the display, and I got a good deal on it -- I asked B&H for a replacement but they said they didn't have any left in stock

I then contacted Asus and they said they would pay for the shipping to and from their repair facility for me, and they also told me the repair would take 7-10 days, not including shipping time -- and all I had to do was send it in

So, instead of sending it back for a refund to B&H like I should have, I, a big fat dumbass, sent it in to Asus's California repair facility for an RMA

As soon as they received it in at the facility I received an email saying the parts were out of stock, had a long lead time, and they couldn't even estimate when they would arrive or when the repair would be complete.

That was the first sign of what a horrible company I was dealing with.

I asked their support why they couldn't have checked on the parts availability before I sent it in, and I got no logical response at all.

It took three weeks for them to receive the parts (the new panel) and another week to fix it and another week to send it back to me.

I received it back from the repair facility in the first week of February, and right out of the box I could tell something wasn't right.

The repair techs had left adhesive underneath the screen on the corners, and they were (still are) easily visible at multiple angles.

There was also a single black stuck pixel on the brand new panel they had just installed, in the middle of the display.

I contacted their support again, this time absolutely furious, and they first tried to make it seem like this was FedEx's fault and actually filed a shipping damage claim on my behalf.

It took multiple emails to explain that FedEx could not have gotten underneath the screen and left the adhesive there... and finally my message got to someone who actually read it, and they cancelled the shipping damage claim, and escalated my case to a higher level tech, and then approved me for a cross-shipment replacement.

That was the second week of February.

It's almost June now, and I still have no replacement.

I keep emailing them every two weeks to check in, and they give me the same response "there is no stock, and we can't tell you when there will be stock available" -- that doesn't make sense to me.

I am thinking this is an older model, and it's not being made anymore, and there probably will never be any stock available for a cross-ship replacement, and they are just biding their time until the warranty runs out.

Although I did directly ask one of their techs that, and I was told no, that it's not discontinued, it is still available -- but again, they can't tell me if they have any stock anywhere or when it will be available.

I emailed them again about a week ago and I told them I would be open to sending it in for repair again, because I want to get this resolved, it's just gone on for too long now -- but I asked them for two things.

One is they need to order the parts in advance, and two, a manager needs to check it before it gets sent back to me, and the manager needs to contact me before they ship it back.

They responded saying they can't order the parts in advance, and they can't coordinate anything with a manager to check it before it gets sent back either.

So I asked point blank, what policy is in place to prevent the same thing from happening again, and I received no valid answer.

So that's where I am at now.

If anyone has any suggestions, or if someone has a contact email for any human being who actually would read their emails who works at Asus in North America that could potentially help me out here, I would be eternally grateful.

I tried reaching out to Asus on their Twitter, and they initially were asking questions, but then ignored my DMs ever since I responded with the answers.

Write it off and file it under lesson learned.

If you have it, send it back to B%H for refund.

If you don't have it, have a lawyer contact Asus with a letter demanding it back, or else.

Then return it to B%H for a refund.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I hadn’t thought of reaching out to B&H again.  Thanks, I think I will go ahead and do that tomorrow.  I don’t really have anything to lose at this point, though I don’t think they would be able to help since it’s been so long.  I originally purchased the monitor in December.

It just blows my mind how a multi-billion dollar global brand could have support that is this incompetent and mismanaged, especially for professional caliber color correction displays.  

Cold comfort but you are not the only one who has had issues with RMA-Hell with Asus.

I like their products but woe be unto you if you need their support

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

• 5 months later...

Just thought I would update this — Justin at Asus finally resolved this for me.  He arranged a cross shipment replacement and sent me a brand new monitor after I shipped them my older one (for a second time, lol).  

It took a long time, way too long, but they eventually were able to make it right.  Huge props to Justin.

Haven’t had any issues with the new ProArt and I actually like it better than the old one.  It’s a newer model too.  

9 minutes ago, NickKz said:

Just thought I would update this — Justin at Asus finally resolved this for me.  He arranged a cross shipment replacement and sent me a brand new monitor after I shipped them my older one (for a second time, lol).  

It took a long time, way too long, but they eventually were able to make it right.  Huge props to Justin.

Haven’t had any issues with the new ProArt and I actually like it better than the old one.  It’s a newer model too.  

do you know if it's a ucg or ucx? either way they are HUGE upgrades over the older ones, it's probably still not worth support hell, but damn

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11