Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Had some extra parts laying around. Wanted to build my daughter a PC to play with and not physically play with... so i decided to put it inside my wall of my office.

The wall separates my master closet and a laundry room that i converted to my office. The office side will have a baldwin maple paneling accent wall with a plexiglass window in the center. 

The closet is where you install the PC into the wall.

The case is made of 3/16ths plexiglass

MB: MSI Z390 Gaming Plus

CPU: i7 9700F

RAM: 16gb Gskill Trident/Ripjaw 3200

PSU: Corsair 550

MSI MAG AIO, 3x Corsair ML 120MM RGB, 2 MSI fans, Corsair fan n RGB hubs

GPU will most likely be an MSI 1660 Ti.

I originally planned on just using on board graphics. But since i have it I will alter and use it.

I'm posting these two pics right now because thats where I am at with the build. The paneling and window I will be working on tomorrow. Still gotta wait on some small parts, power switch wire really...

Ill post the beginning to present pics to follow.

20210511_205159.jpg

20210512_090630.jpg

Lol 

May I ask, if your daughter is old enough to play with such PC isn't she old enough to touch it?

Very cool thou'

That's pretty neat!

Main Rig:

Ryzen 5800x, ASUS Corsshair Hero VII Wi-Fi, 16 GB Geil Super Luce DDR4 3000@3200, MSI Ventus 2 OC RTX 3060, Corsair H115i Pro AIO cooler, Soundblaster Z, 1tb ADATA SX8200, 500gb Samsung 850 EVO, 1tb Intel 665P, Corsair CX850M PSU, Coolermaster Stryker case, ROG ARGB strips, China ARGB fans, ARGB SSD heat sink. 🤣

HTPC:

Dell SFF Optiplex 990, i7 2600, 20gb of random DDR3, GTX 1650 LP, ADATA 240gb SSD, HP laptop Blu-ray drive, 1tb random spinny HDD (no RGB 😭)

So... one thing i dont have more of is the Pearl Mist paint. lowes n walmart aint got no mo. so i gotta wait on that. gonna fill some tiny gaps in the shroud later

I dont have any fancy equipment like CNCs and 3d printers. just scrap plexiglass, jigsaw, a sharpie, a shit ton of blue tape and a torch

12 minutes ago, Plermpel said:

Lol 

May I ask, if your daughter is old enough to play with such PC isn't she old enough to touch it?

Very cool thou'

Shes about to be three. And she's actually pretty good at forza 4!! 

Slowly teaching her the keyboard n mouse. Shes got the mouse down pretty good, but still just monster mashes the keyboard

Love this. 

Hate that you beat me to the draw haha. Been meaning to do this for years but wouldn't have done it as well as you. 

3 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Love this. 

Hate that you beat me to the draw haha. Been meaning to do this for years but wouldn't have done it as well as you. 

I appreciate that, a lot.

I see a lot of desk PCs and wall mounted PCs... figured I would/could combine those cool ideas. 

Literally post farming to get by the 20MB restrictions lol

Cool PC! My parents would kill me if I accidentally put a HOLE in the wall

As Someone with the username “</TheCoder2019_”, my coding skills are atrocious.

As Someone at the age of 2.338 alien years (whatever that is), built a not terrible but a “gameable” system for $500 USD

As Someone with atrocious coding skills, knows more Unix/Bash more than CMD

Here are my specs:

Spoiler

MSI PRO-VLH H310M

Intel Celeron G4960 (2 whopping cores!)

GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

16GB (2x8) Cosair Vengeance LPX CL16 - 2400MHz

A Rosewill case I found on eBay (SRM-01B Black)

An old friend of mine - Intel stock cooler (temps through the roof like 90 C under load)

Linux Apps you NEED!

Spoiler

tmux

dhcpd

git

Hi! I love RGB! Who doesn't? Karens that don't have colorful lights on their Facebook page

1 minute ago, TheCoder2019 said:

Literally post farming to get by the 20MB restrictions lol

Cool PC! My parents would kill me if I accidentally put a HOLE in the wall

Never know... "accidently" put something through the wall and then say I can fix that... "you know what would look really cool here?" 

This is actually pretty neat. Looks like you did a really good job planning it out. 

York (Secondary Desktop): Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, Zotac GTX 550 Ti AMP! 1GB, 250GB Samsung 870 EVO, Windows 7 Professional

Phobos (Main Desktop): AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, XFX Radeon RX 570 4GB, 1TB WD Blue SN550, 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Bondi: Apple iMac G3 (Tray Loader, Revision A), PowerPC 750, 384MB PC-66, ATI Rage IIc 2MB, 4GB Quantum Fireball, Mac OS 9.2.2

Clover (NAS): Dell OptiPlex 755 MT, Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 (2C/2T), 8GB 800MHz DDR2, 160GB WD Caviar SE (Boot), 2x 1TB WD Caviar Blue (Storage), FreeNAS 11.3-U1

Love it! I love seeing people build things instead of assembling parts. Great work!

5 hours ago, RollinLower said:

the vent into the attic is pretty slick! nice job so far man.

that was fun making that. i almost knocked myself out on a 2x8 up in the attic. wasnt paying attention and wuh kow! huge knot n cut on my head.