In-Wall PC

phindawg

Had some extra parts laying around. Wanted to build my daughter a PC to play with and not physically play with... so i decided to put it inside my wall of my office.

The wall separates my master closet and a laundry room that i converted to my office. The office side will have a baldwin maple paneling accent wall with a plexiglass window in the center. 

The closet is where you install the PC into the wall.

The case is made of 3/16ths plexiglass

MB: MSI Z390 Gaming Plus

CPU: i7 9700F

RAM: 16gb Gskill Trident/Ripjaw 3200

PSU: Corsair 550

MSI MAG AIO, 3x Corsair ML 120MM RGB, 2 MSI fans, Corsair fan n RGB hubs

GPU will most likely be an MSI 1660 Ti.

I originally planned on just using on board graphics. But since i have it I will alter and use it.

I'm posting these two pics right now because thats where I am at with the build. The paneling and window I will be working on tomorrow. Still gotta wait on some small parts, power switch wire really...

Ill post the beginning to present pics to follow.

20210511_205159.jpg

20210512_090630.jpg

Lol 

May I ask, if your daughter is old enough to play with such PC isn't she old enough to touch it?

Very cool thou'

That's pretty neat!

Main Rig:

Ryzen 5800x, ASUS Crosshair Hero VII Wi-Fi, 32gb of Corsair Vengence Pro SL 3600 CL18, MSI Ventus 2 OC RTX 3060 12gb, Corsair H115i Pro AIO cooler, Soundblaster AE-7, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 600Ohm headphones, Creative Giga Speakers, 1tb ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD, 1tb Intel 665P NVME SSD, 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD, 8tb WB Black SATA HDD, LG SATA Blue Ray Drive, Corsair CX850M PSU, Coolermaster Stryker case, ROG ARGB strips, China ARGB fans, China ARGB SSD heat sink. 🤣

HTPC:

Erying 11800 ES CPU/Mobo combo, 32GB of Corsair LPX 3200 CL16, Gigabyte 4060 8gb LP, Thermalright AXP90 full copper cooler, WD Black SN770 500gb NVME SSD, WD Black SN770 1tb NVME SSD, Crucial MX500 2tb SATA SSD, WD Blue 2tb SATA HDD, Pioneer Blu-Ray burner, Intel AX200 WiFi/Bluetooth, Seasonic 300w TFX PSU, Silverstone ML11 case. STILL NO RGB! 😭

Retro Gamer PC:

VIA C3 1000Mhz, VIA Epia PD-10000 LVDS, 1gb of Kingston DDR, PNY Geforce FX5500 128mb PCI, WD 80GB HDD, Random CD-ROM, Random 250w mini psu, Mini ITX case 🤣

So... one thing i dont have more of is the Pearl Mist paint. lowes n walmart aint got no mo. so i gotta wait on that. gonna fill some tiny gaps in the shroud later

I dont have any fancy equipment like CNCs and 3d printers. just scrap plexiglass, jigsaw, a sharpie, a shit ton of blue tape and a torch

12 minutes ago, Plermpel said:

Lol 

May I ask, if your daughter is old enough to play with such PC isn't she old enough to touch it?

Very cool thou'

Shes about to be three. And she's actually pretty good at forza 4!! 

Slowly teaching her the keyboard n mouse. Shes got the mouse down pretty good, but still just monster mashes the keyboard

Love this. 

Hate that you beat me to the draw haha. Been meaning to do this for years but wouldn't have done it as well as you. 

3 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Love this. 

Hate that you beat me to the draw haha. Been meaning to do this for years but wouldn't have done it as well as you. 

I appreciate that, a lot.

I see a lot of desk PCs and wall mounted PCs... figured I would/could combine those cool ideas. 

Literally post farming to get by the 20MB restrictions lol

Cool PC! My parents would kill me if I accidentally put a HOLE in the wall

As Someone with the username “</TheCoder2019_”, my coding skills are atrocious.

Here are my specs:

Spoiler

MSI PRO-VLH H310M

Intel Core i3-8100 (Thanks, @Schnoz!)

GTX 1060 OC 3GB or Intel UHD 630

16GB (2x8) Cosair Vengeance LPX CL16 - 2400MHz

GAMDIAS Argus M1

An old friend of mine - Intel stock cooler (temps through the roof like 60 C under load)

Linux Apps you NEED!

Spoiler

tmux

dhcpd

git

Hi! I love RGB! Who doesn't? Karens that don't have colorful lights on their Facebook page

1 minute ago, TheCoder2019 said:

Literally post farming to get by the 20MB restrictions lol

Cool PC! My parents would kill me if I accidentally put a HOLE in the wall

Never know... "accidently" put something through the wall and then say I can fix that... "you know what would look really cool here?" 

This is actually pretty neat. Looks like you did a really good job planning it out. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

5 hours ago, RollinLower said:

the vent into the attic is pretty slick! nice job so far man.

that was fun making that. i almost knocked myself out on a 2x8 up in the attic. wasnt paying attention and wuh kow! huge knot n cut on my head.