Power reporting deviation is less than 90%.

Go to solution Solved by Mark Kaine,
13 minutes ago, ZaenWild said:

Ok, so should i be worried about the power deviation accuracy? It's around 86% under full load. Can i ignored that or is it a problem? If so, how do i fix it?

you dont. contact your mobo manufacturer and ask them to change it.  Also as i already said, imo this isnt really concerning as its kinda close, so the deviation isnt very big.

Heres what AMD says, decide for yourself:

"We are aware of the reports claiming that select motherboards may be under-reporting certain power telemetry data that could alter the performance and/or behavior of AMD Ryzen processors under certain conditions. We are looking into the accuracy of these reports. 

"We want to be clear with our customers: AMD Ryzen processors contain a diverse array of internal safeguards that operate independently of external data sources. These safeguards enforce the safety and reliability of the processor during stock operation. Based on our initial assessment, we do not believe that altering external telemetry in the manner described by those public reports would have a material impact on the longevity or safety of a user's processor."

Hello,
  My power reporting deviation in hwinfo is less than 90%. This is my first time building a pc so i'm worried. How do i fix this?
image.png.6ad648a03347307c721aa4fac19faaf0.png

are you facing any issues?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, Moonzy said:

are you facing any issues?

Well I am having issues with the sata ports, can that be related to this?

1 minute ago, ZaenWild said:

Well I am having issues with the sata ports, can that be related to this?

hmm... what component is that photo under?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

hmm... what component is that photo under?

I didn't get what you mean, if you meant to ask my processor it's r3 3100.

Power Deviation is all about the power with CPUs, it won't have any bearing on Sata devices/Ports. What problems are you having with Sata ports? Can you list your full system specs. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Power Deviation is all about the power with CPUs, it won't have any bearing on Sata devices/Ports. What problems are you having with Sata ports? Can you list your full system specs. 

Hello,
  I bought this awhile ago hoping i'll upgrade to the latest cpu and gpu when they release, but as the prices are spiked I haven't upgraded them yes.

Cpu: Ryzen 3 3100

Gpu: Gt 710

Ram: HyperX 2*8 GB

Mobo: Aorus X570 pro wifi
  SSD: Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb
  PSU: Asus rog strix 650w

Just now, ZaenWild said:

Hello,
  I bought this awhile ago hoping i'll upgrade to the latest cpu and gpu when they release, but as the prices are spiked I haven't upgraded them yes.

Cpu: Ryzen 3 3100

Gpu: Gt 710

Ram: HyperX 2*8 GB

Mobo: Aorus X570 pro wifi
  SSD: Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb
  PSU: Asus rog strix 650w

Still doesn't answer the question of what issue you're having with Sata devices. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Still doesn't answer the question of what issue you're having with Sata devices. 

Hello the issue I'm facing with sata devices is that whenever i restart the sata storage devices are being deactivated and windows is asking me to initialize them. I have created another topic for that and I'm trying to resolve that as well. The following is the link to that.  "

mmmk. The power deviation is not the cause or related. You can learn more about what Power Deviation here from the video from Gamers Nexus:

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Pretty sure power deviation should be *close* to 100% when under *full load*  and "close to" because this is a software reading that will never be totally accurate, so your 90% look pretty much as expected imo, the sata issues shouldn't be related to that.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

12 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Pretty sure power deviation should be *close* to 100% when under *full load*  and "close to" because this is a software reading that will never be totally accurate, so your 90% look pretty much as expected imo, the sata issues shouldn't be related to that.

I have cinebench r23 when under fun load it's around 86%.

12 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

mmmk. The power deviation is not the cause or related. You can learn more about what Power Deviation here from the video from Gamers Nexus:

Ok, so should i be worried about the power deviation accuracy? It's around 86% under full load. Can i ignored that or is it a problem? If so, how do i fix it?

13 minutes ago, ZaenWild said:

you dont. contact your mobo manufacturer and ask them to change it.  Also as i already said, imo this isnt really concerning as its kinda close, so the deviation isnt very big.

Heres what AMD says, decide for yourself:

"We are aware of the reports claiming that select motherboards may be under-reporting certain power telemetry data that could alter the performance and/or behavior of AMD Ryzen processors under certain conditions. We are looking into the accuracy of these reports. 

"We want to be clear with our customers: AMD Ryzen processors contain a diverse array of internal safeguards that operate independently of external data sources. These safeguards enforce the safety and reliability of the processor during stock operation. Based on our initial assessment, we do not believe that altering external telemetry in the manner described by those public reports would have a material impact on the longevity or safety of a user's processor."

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity