older pc games that support 120/144fps

Vega11

got a new laptop cheap payed for it using money and gift cards

what older pc games support high fps

About all? Fps is hardly ever limited on PC games. Maybe with stuff like The Sims where you don't really need it. But for Unreal Tournament, CS1.6, Quake etc. there's no limit. Back in early-00s when I started to play fps, it was more common to limit fps yourself to prevent big drops. Its feel quite bad to drop from 250 fps to close 50 for small hiccup in system. I had limit at 125fps when playing CoD4 in 2009.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

Maybe with stuff like The Sims where you don't really need it.

using the sims as an example here, if possible OP, id still uncap the frame rate. just feels smoother IMO.

it's impact is smaller in builder games, but a higher FPS just feels better.

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

1 minute ago, mon1ka said:

using the sims as an example here, if possible OP, id still uncap the frame rate. just feels smoother IMO.

it's impact is smaller in builder games, but a higher FPS just feels better.

I was mainly pointing out that I can't think of any PC games where fps lock would be at 30 or 60. Console ports maybe, but the main argument in PC vs console debate has always been the unlocked fps on PC vs locked to 30 on older consoles.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Most good older games have community patches if the game itself does not allow over 30 or 60fps.

Like Gothic and Gothic 2

I edit my posts more often than not

I used SLI with the GTX 980 ti, GTX 1080 and the GTX 1080 ti so I have gotten really high frame rate for a long time now.

The only games I played that I limited frame rate(60) were Bethesda games like Skyrim and Fallout 4. They have physics tied to frame rate so going over 60 can cause issues like clutter flying around in Skyrim and limited jump height in Fallout 4.  

The only other game I had issues with were the first 2 Metro games. When crawling through spaces if frames were over 120 it was impossible to get through. 

The bigger problem with high frame rate is screen tearing if you go past the refresh rate of your screen. 

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

Just now, LogicalDrm said:

I was mainly pointing out that I can't think of any PC games where fps lock would be at 30 or 60. Console ports maybe, but the main argument in PC vs console debate has always been the unlocked fps on PC vs locked to 30 on older consoles.

a couple games in the command and conquer franchise had an FPS lock of 30 and fallout 4 had one at 60, but that was because of the phyics engine. The only time an FPS cap is needed is if the engine has physics tied to it and the dev cant be bothered to/cant fix it.

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

14 hours ago, Vega11 said:

got a new laptop cheap payed for it using money and gift cards

what older pc games support high fps

Generalising somewhat, as they aren't older pc games per se, I am playing a few older games at 100+ fps.

They include;

Mafia 2

Dead Space 2

Bioshock

Splinter Cell (Pandora, Blacklist)

Fallout 3 and New Vegas

Ryse:Son of Rome

These are all from the 360/ps3 era circa 2007 onward (except Ryse), and all run beautifully at 1440-144hz.

Just adding that your question might be bit not what you wanted to ask. Fps itself is not the issue, many games made to PC from start have their upper limit at 999. You probably meant resolution instead. Thats something older games might lack. Though you will probably need to go to early 2000s and earlier games to hit that limit. For example something like BF2 was patched with HD support along the way after its initial release in 2005.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The vast majority of games solely made for PC, or at least PC first, and some of those well ported from console, have uncapped FPS.

Its generally only those poorly ported from consoles that have capped frame rates. Examples include Dark Souls 1 and 2 which have capped FPS, trying to go beyond the cap with mods can cause issues with the games animation and physics as the the frame rate is tied to the games internal timing.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |