is this capable of streaming?

Go to solution Solved by mariushm,
2 minutes ago, mr_incognito said:

What I'll be streaming is mainly fps games rainbow six siege,valorant, and cs:go games like that

And the PC will just handle the streaming

Not with that cpu... too low performance. You'll be better off having obs on the computer you play with.

I was bored and I had recently found my old pc and was wonder if the pentium j3710 was capable of streaming 

Streaming what exactly? And when you mean streaming, do you mean watching other peoples videos, or streaming your own gameplay and such?

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

What other specs do you have? Is this going to handle the game too or just the stream? your post is very vague

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

1 minute ago, mon1ka said:

What other specs do you have? Is this going to handle the game too or just the stream? your post is very vague

19 minutes ago, SlashedM said:

Streaming what exactly? And when you mean streaming, do you mean watching other peoples videos, or streaming your own gameplay and such?

What I'll be streaming is mainly fps games rainbow six siege,valorant, and cs:go games like that

If there's no hardware encoder or Quicksync available to accelerate encoding, you can still use software encoding (x264) inside OBS or whatever you use to stream.

The CPU is quite low performance, so you'd need to use low resolutions and presets for example 720p or 960x540 at 25-30fps with the ultrafast encoding presets should be doable.

Of course, even this ultra fast preset would use the cpu, which means the actual game will have less cpu available for itself, but it all depends on the game you play or plan to stream... some don't use cpu a lot.

For example a 2d chess, a game like "to the moon", or mostly 2d games like openttd (transport tycoon open source clone), or games like heroes of might and magic 3 ... these would be easy to capture and stream.

You could always plug a video card that has a hardware encoder supported by the software you decide to use and then the software will use the video card to encode the video and stream it, so you'll use less cpu, and you may be able to encode higher resolutions.

2 minutes ago, mr_incognito said:

Not with that cpu... too low performance. You'll be better off having obs on the computer you play with.

3 minutes ago, mariushm said:

ty kinda expected this to be the response 

4 minutes ago, mr_incognito said:

ty kinda expected this to be the response 

curious, what specs were in that pc?

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

i just realized I wouldn't have even been able to stream off of it cause it only has 4 gb of ddr3 ram and a barley functioning hdd

2 minutes ago, mon1ka said:

curious, what specs were in that pc?

Just now, mr_incognito said:

i just realized I wouldn't have even been able to stream off of it cause it only has 4 gb of ddr3 ram and a barley functioning hdd

^