CPU is at 100% even after reboot... why?

I noticed some lag in a software, i opened the task manager and saw this...

Before the reboot the WMI provider host was using at least 30% cpu

I dont know why the (24) next to chrome but i just have 2 tabs open, maybe its the extensions.

image.png.96f5d75fbbf7df8673f1803615b5d728.png

image.png.ab5f6ae5baf3d4c6a6d85c0e7b8bb0b9.png

9 minutes ago, matrixmodulator said:

The OS has to start up the programs that are opened up after startup/reboot and takes up a lot of processor utilization during this time. This should last for the first couple of minutes after boot or just merely seconds (30-45 seconds, depending on if the programs are on a SSD or HDD). 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

12 minutes ago, matrixmodulator said:

I dont know why the (24) next to chrome but i just have 2 tabs open, maybe its the extensions.

That means there are 24 Google Chrome processes running... that is a LOT for 2 Chrome tabs.

EDIT:

My French is useless trying to work out what's running & using a lot of resources...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

2 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

The OS has to start up the programs that are opened up after startup/reboot and takes up a lot of processor utilization during this time. This should last for the first couple of minutes after boot or just merely seconds (30-45 seconds, depending on if the programs are on a SSD or HDD). 

It's running since 10 minutes now and its the same, and in open hardware monitor software it is much lower

image.png.b67140c1f0379c5327e313138ac34f1e.png

1 minute ago, Eighjan said:

That means there are 24 Google Chrome processes running... that is a LOT for 2 Chrome tabs.

yeah i have lots of chrome extensions, but why open hardware monitor show just under 5% load?

Just now, matrixmodulator said:

It's running since 10 minutes now and its the same, and in open hardware monitor software it is much lower

~Snipped Photo~

Have you tried to clear Google Chrome's cache??  If you don't need all of those 24 extensions, try removing them or disabling them to see if load goes down. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

3 minutes ago, matrixmodulator said:

yeah i have lots of chrome extensions, but why open hardware monitor show just under 5% load?

How much RAM (GO) are you using?

EDIT:

32GO...?

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

WHY NOT...?!

1 minute ago, SpiderMan said:

Have you tried to clear Google Chrome's cache??  If you don't need all of those 24 extensions, try removing them or disabling them to see if load goes down. 

its the same even with chrome closed and even if its open, its not adding up to 100% with the other apps...

5 minutes ago, matrixmodulator said:

18% right now.

I have 32gb

<snip>

That looks OK...

WHY NOT...?!

3 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

That looks OK...

the memory yes, the cpu at 100% though....why is it 100% in task manager but under 10% in open hardware monitor? I remember it was about the same in both before..

I'm running a scan now, it doesnt lag or anything and the scan takes a lot of cpu its normal but why is it like if it's always 100% and just takes what it needs when it needs it? Is it because i changed the performance settings in windows?

image.png.83fa4ad1bc9072075907042d6bbf59f1.png

the memory yes, the cpu at 100% though....why is it 100% in task manager but under 10% in open hardware monitor? I remember it was about the same in both before..

It could be utilization 100% of one core, although not the rest. Did you change the graph in Task Manager to show Logical Processors instead? 

I tried the scan yesterday and also right now, it always looks stuck at svchost.exe file scan ...

image.png.ca95114540e6d290c4103271bf25cbb4.png

Just now, SpiderMan said:

It could be utilization 100% of one core, although not the rest. Did you change the graph in Task Manager to show Logical Processors instead? 

no i didnt, where is that?

3 minutes ago, matrixmodulator said:

no i didnt, where is that?

Go to Task Manager > Performance Tab > CPU > Right click on the graph and select [Change graph to] > Logical Processors. 

5 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

no all 8 cores are at 100%

this is in the ressource monitor

image.png.380091c11757373575ed5f186237e8f8.png

Go to Task Manager > Performance Tab > CPU > Right click on the graph and select [Change graph to] > Logical Processors. 

it was on global, not logical

logical mode is like this

~Snipped Photo~

That's pretty unusual. Go to Resource Monitor > CPU tab > and select the [Threads] tab to show from greatest to least (should look like a "v" arrow above Threads). What is using a lot of threads right now? 

That's pretty unusual. Go to Resource Monitor > CPU tab > and select the [Threads] tab to show from greatest to least (should look like a "v" arrow above Threads). What is using a lot of threads right now? 

I stopped the avg deep scan because it's always stuck at svchost.exe

CPU Still 100% in task manager

Still low in open hardware monitor

image.png.f79edd8d7f8e606d0a6af8b2bec53e59.png

Oh that was it...

I changed the power settigns on my computer a while ago because i was having latency issues with my focusrite audio interface and nvidia drivers.

I changed it for audio production like focusrite suggest is best.

Now i changed it back to normal just to test and the CPU went back straight to 5%

image.png.6e23d85e95bc48b8128911acd6f6e4e5.png

image.png.9196ee59fcb6b97bbdaa3d470801b2c5.png

1 minute ago, matrixmodulator said:

Oh that was it...

I changed the power settigns on my computer a while ago because i was having latency issues with my focusrite audio interface and nvidia drivers.

I changed it for audio production like focusrite suggest is best.

Now i changed it back to normal just to test and the CPU went back straight to 5%

~Snipped Photos~

Well, at least it was a simple fix!!! Was going to suggest to try High Performance power plan to see if it changes.