Any reliable way to get videos interpolated to 60fps?

Hello, so, i tried to play Avengers Infinity War 4k at 60fps using SVP + MPC-HC player, but is too much load for the CPU, so i tried playing the movie on VLC, and it uses like 30% CPU playing normally without frame interpolation (in MPC-HC it cunsumes like 50 to 70% CPU, so i might be able to reproduce 4k movie at 60fps with VLC since it consumes a lot less CPU if there is a way of doing so, that's with i wanted help, hope you have any idea on this, thank you in advance

And btw, even if it doesnt look that good, i just like to have my movies and stuff to look fluid, thats it

My machine is the dell precision m6600 it has the i7-2860qm with the quadro 3000m so the quadro practically doesnt do anything with 4k

Edit - Wrote a spiel then realised its laptop..

NvM

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 hour ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Edit - Wrote a spiel then realised its laptop..

NvM

Wdym

4 hours ago, DanWhite said:

it has the i7-2860qm

The only way to be fluid 4K 60FPS with those specs would be to pre-render the video and watch it only after that step is done. You're not going to get fluid 4K 60FPS motion-interpolation on-the-fly with that CPU.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

8 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

The only way to be fluid 4K 60FPS with those specs would be to pre-render the video and watch it only after that step is done. You're not going to get fluid 4K 60FPS motion-interpolation on-the-fly with that CPU.

Any thoughts on how to do it? trying to render video with this specs, even more 4k would last like half a year

10 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

But still I'm still thinking that VLC plays 4k full screen at 30% CPU usage and it really seems kinda low, if only there was a way of interpolating the video to 60 fps with vlc it maybe could work, at least i think

16 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I mean, with VLC it would have like room of about 50% CPU to use and it will still be fine, as long as it doesnt spike too hard to 100%

1 hour ago, DanWhite said:

But still I'm still thinking that VLC plays 4k full screen at 30% CPU usage and it really seems kinda low, if only there was a way of interpolating the video to 60 fps with vlc it maybe could work, at least i think

That's not how it works. Frame-interpolation has nothing to do with how fast or slow decoding of the video is.

That said, if you want to try, go ahead: https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/SVP:VLC

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

48 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

That's not how it works. Frame-interpolation has nothing to do with how fast or slow decoding of the video is.

That said, if you want to try, go ahead: https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/SVP:VLC

Doesnt work, did the what it said, it keeps saying "verify vapoursynth install and vlc support" or whatever

27 minutes ago, duncannah said:

SVP has a transcoding option, try that out if you can
image.png.c9480897016c90abfe57b60ffef12e1e.png

Hi, what does that do?

• 5 months later...

You could try Splash player by Mirillis