Needing help in CPU's that support integrated graphics and can later support a GPU/Graphics Card.

Hi, I am currently building a pc and need some help picking a CPU with integrated graphics that doesn't cost too much but can has good frames and can be later used on a GPU.

I'm currently thinking about getting the AMD Ryzen 5 3400G but I don't know if it would be suitable for gaming.

Thanks

I would recommend the i5 11400 as it has great performance in gaming as well as integrated graphics.

The Vega 11 iGPU on the 3400G will outperform the Xe graphics on the 11th gen Intel, but either is decent for low res light gaming.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 minute ago, Chris Pratt said:

The Vega 11 iGPU on the 3400G will outperform the Xe graphics on the 11th gen Intel, but either is decent for low res light gaming.

Agree, but the i5 11400 will be a better CPU for gaming when combined with a descrete graphics card

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

Suprisingly older amd 7000 series card haven't gone up too much in price so maybe get one of those + a decent cpu better experience overall.

18 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

There should be a contender in the form of AMD "Cezanne" APUs with iGPUs soon?

Have not followed the Cezanne launch, but on AMD page it indicates that they have launched.

I think that would be a good one - https://www.amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-ryzen-5-5600g

Thanks for the suggestion, but that is way out of my budget.

20 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Thanks for the info, do you know if there are any better CPU's that are not too much in price?

Just now, Adam_Him said:

Thanks for the info, do you know if there are any better CPU's that are not too much in price?

Unless the new APUs from AMD @Tan3l6mentioned are available, no. The 3400G and 11th gen Intels are the current top of the line with iGPU.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 minute ago, Chris Pratt said:

Unless the new APUs from AMD @Tan3l6mentioned are available, no. The 3400G and 11th gen Intels are the current top of the line with iGPU.

Alright thanks

3 hours ago, Tegneren said:

Agree, but the i5 11400 will be a better CPU for gaming when combined with a descrete graphics card

that's the thing, amd igpu will be better but  the  cpus they pair them with are too weak and will hold a dgpu back,  so newer intels seem the  better choice here.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity