Intel-Nvidia-MSI Build

DaddySanty

Budget (including currency): ~$2000

Games it will be used for: Triple A Games

Description: i need an all Intel-Nvidia-MSI build that can run triple a games (GTA, Warzone, Cold War)  + streaming/creating content on an Alienware AW3420DW (the monitor) at 120fps.

(i posted this in nov-jan and was suggested that i wait until april to post again because 11th gen)

Well now you have to wait until next year as the costs of gpu's have exceeded your entire budget for the whole machine. 

33 minutes ago, DaddySanty said:

Description: i need an all Intel-Nvidia-MSI build that can run triple a games (GTA, Warzone, Cold War)  + streaming/creating content on an Alienware AW3420DW (the monitor) at 120fps.

(i posted this in nov-jan and was suggested that i wait until april to post again because 11th gen)

rtx3070 for 600$? good luck finding it for less than 700$ even on a live drop

also, you could save at least 200$ on the overpriced gpu and motherboard

40 minutes ago, Omar.B said:

Never heard of the SSD brand and also I don't think anybody would get the 3070 at that price now.

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

5 hours ago, Gamer4714 said:

Never heard of the SSD brand and also I don't think anybody would get the 3070 at that price now.

Go and check about it actually its one of the best  it does have a high read and write speed also with good price ,and for the gpu you are right but he still can wait for the gpu and count on the interacted graphics card   

my build so far

Considering you've spent $1500 on a PC without a GPU and 16 GB of RAM, this leaves a lot to be desired.

There are cheaper MSI motherboads that also offer overclocking, and cheaper RAM available that will get the job done just as well. I'd also recommend bumping up to 32 GB of memory for content creation, you can definitely get that without spending more than you have on the Royale's.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

Budget (including currency): ~$2500

my build so far

any recommendations about what gpu you recommend or any changes you think i should make or if anything i do have is incompatible? 

I noticed you are using white parts with a black case, so you might want to fix that for better aesthetic.

Here is the parts list that i have made. It has an i9 and 32gb of ram for content creation, a high end z490 motherboard, a 2tb fast nvme ssd, a 3080 that has the Nvenc encoder and will handle anything you throw at it and a great quality psu that has plenty of headroom for the future. The gpu recommendation is bittersweet though as you probably wont get it at that price for a while but it is just a reference.

What is the reasoning behind the desire for MSI parts?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 hours ago, Middcore said:

What is the reasoning behind the desire for MSI parts?

why not?

12 minutes ago, DaddySanty said:

why not?

There is no advantage to picking parts solely from one OEM, you're potentially missing out on better options and deals by doing so, and if you were going to pick just one company to do a theme build a lot of people would say it shouldn't be MSI because of some of the shady shit they've done. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

32 minutes ago, Middcore said:

There is no advantage to picking parts solely from one OEM, you're potentially missing out on better options and deals by doing so, and if you were going to pick just one company to do a theme build a lot of people would say it shouldn't be MSI because of some of the shady shit they've done. 

I agree, I would recommend Asus motherboards personally.

Gaming PC:

CPU- Intel Core i5-10400 (planning to upgrade when Alder Lake releases)

CPU Cooler- be quiet! Dark Rock Slim up to 180W TDP

Motherboard- Asus ROG Strix B460-h Gaming

Memory- Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000 CL15 memory

Storage- Crucial P2 1TB M.2-NVME SSD up to 2400 MB/s 

Video Card- MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3060 Ti OC

PC Chassis- Cooler Master TD500 MESH ARGB with Controller

Power Supply- EVGA 650w P2 (planning to upgrade to EVGA 80+ Gold 1k watts)

Rear Fan- Touchaqua Bitspower Notos RGB fan

Monitor- Acer EI272UR 2560x1440 144hz 4ms Radeon Freesync monitor

Keyboard- Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum

Mouse- Logitech G203 Lightsync (planning to upgrade to g502 HERO)

Controller- Xbox One Wireless Controller - Red 

LaptopProcessor- Ryzen 7 4700U (8c/8t up to 4.1Ghz) with Radeon graphics, 16GB DDR4-3200 memory, 512 NVME SSD

18 hours ago, FireAbyss111802 said:

I agree, I would recommend Asus motherboards personally.

why?

19 hours ago, Middcore said:

i didn't know they had done anything "shady" what was it?

1 hour ago, DaddySanty said:

i didn't know they had done anything "shady" what was it?

Start here: 

Budget (including currency): ~$2500

my build so far

any recommendations about the gpu or  any changes you think i should make or if anything i do have is incompatible? 

14 hours ago, DaddySanty said:

why?

i have had good experience with them that’s why. 

Gaming PC:

CPU- Intel Core i5-10400 (planning to upgrade when Alder Lake releases)

CPU Cooler- be quiet! Dark Rock Slim up to 180W TDP

Motherboard- Asus ROG Strix B460-h Gaming

Memory- Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000 CL15 memory

Storage- Crucial P2 1TB M.2-NVME SSD up to 2400 MB/s 

Video Card- MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3060 Ti OC

PC Chassis- Cooler Master TD500 MESH ARGB with Controller

Power Supply- EVGA 650w P2 (planning to upgrade to EVGA 80+ Gold 1k watts)

Rear Fan- Touchaqua Bitspower Notos RGB fan

Monitor- Acer EI272UR 2560x1440 144hz 4ms Radeon Freesync monitor

Keyboard- Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum

Mouse- Logitech G203 Lightsync (planning to upgrade to g502 HERO)

Controller- Xbox One Wireless Controller - Red 

LaptopProcessor- Ryzen 7 4700U (8c/8t up to 4.1Ghz) with Radeon graphics, 16GB DDR4-3200 memory, 512 NVME SSD

On 4/28/2021 at 2:10 AM, Omar.B said:

Go and check about it actually its one of the best  it does have a high read and write speed also with good price

Let's see: 3 year warranty - most brands give 5 years. And the brand is unkown - see the number of reviews. And even bestbuy doesn't sell them.

If you really want all intel-nvidia-msi build for some reason, @Aquarius would have made a decent build, if he wasn't a quarter over budget.

Anyways, I had some time so here's my take on this (note: a non-overclocking CPU and board) (I also put a MSI PSU) (and I'd get any GPU I can):