Mystery Paste on capacitor

I have these capacitors(marked by red boxes in the picture) right next to the gpu on my asus mother board with some mystery sticky paste that was between the capacitor and the heat sink.the purpose of this sticky paste seemed to be the same that of a thermal paste on a processor.i have removed most of it by mistake and dont know what kind of paste should i put on there to replace it because it feels and looks much different than a regular thermal paste

IMG_20210424_122238.jpg

6 minutes ago, Mth12 said:

I have these capacitors(marked by red boxes in the picture) right next to the gpu on my asus mother board with some mystery sticky paste that was between the capacitor and the heat sink.the purpose of this sticky paste seemed to be the same that of a thermal paste on a processor.i have removed most of it by mistake and dont know what kind of paste should i put on there to replace it because it feels and looks much different than a regular thermal paste

Those are not capacitors, they are Inductors/Chokes, seems like they used thermal paste on it, you could use thermal pads instead or any non-electrically-conductive thermal paste, though it isn't necessary to apply as inductors rarely overheat especially for a GTX 1050.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

There shouldnt be any paste there. There should be thermal PADs there. Did you get this device brand new or second hand?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

There shouldnt be any paste there. There should be thermal PADs there. Did you get this device brand new or second hand?

i got this device second hand but it was in very good condition didnt think anyone opened can i replace this paste with thermal pads?

1 minute ago, Mth12 said:

i got this device second hand but it was in very good condition didnt think anyone opened can i replace this paste with thermal pads?

Someone probably tried to repaste it then. You can probably order some pads if you really want to.

Daily Driver (Lenovo Y700 Laptop)

Manjaro Linux  ||||  Intel Core i7-6700HQ  ||||  16GB DDR4-2666    ||||   GeForce GTX 960m  

250GB Samsung 970 Evo | 500GB Samung 840 Evo 

Windows Gaming PC

Windows 10 Pro  |||   Intel Core i7-10700k  |||   32GB DDR4-3600  |||   GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER  |||   MSI z490 A-Pro  |||   EVGA Supernova G2 650w 80+ Gold

120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM

Bedroom HTPC and Emulation Box

Manjaro Linux  ||||   Intel Xeon E3-1231v3  ||||   8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon RX 460   |||  Asus B85M-G

120GB SSD

Living Room HTPC - Optiplex 790 SFF

Manjaro Linux  |||  Intel Core i5-2400  |||  8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon HD 5450

120GB SSD

Most likely it had pads originally and they tried to paste it.
If you look carefully at the heatsink that would go in that area you'll probrably see a place(s) that's raised where these would be directly underneath, if so that's why it's raised, to provide pressure with the pads when the cooler itself is secured in place.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

i've seen paste being used instead of pads in laptops

i recommend you use paste unless you know the exact thickness of pad to use

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately