Recommendations for Camcorder/Camera ~$1500 USD

Go to solution Solved by LaFemmeEnVert,
2 hours ago, Stryker530 said:

I am the technology coordinator at a small school and have had to make do with an old Canon Vixia HF R500 for streaming and recording school events during the pandemic. Tired of stuff looking like fuzzy garbage.

Needs:

-Long battery life or mains plug-in (Recording/Streaming for 1.5+ continuous hours)

-Good low-light performance without too much noise

-Wide FOV without distortion

-1080p 60fps minimum capability

-HDMI output for streaming

-Mic input (3.5mm preferred)

Nice to haves:

-portability

-shoe mount

-decent zooming ability

-onboard IS

Used is ok, new preferred. Currently in USA

Most filming done while mounted to a tripod, but would like to be able to have it on a simple rig for versatility and action.

this?
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1477964-REG/sony_hxrnx100_3_hxr_nx100_full_hd_nxcam.html/overview

I am the technology coordinator at a small school and have had to make do with an old Canon Vixia HF R500 for streaming and recording school events during the pandemic. Tired of stuff looking like fuzzy garbage.

Needs:

-Long battery life or mains plug-in (Recording/Streaming for 1.5+ continuous hours)

Nice to haves:

-portability

-shoe mount

-decent zooming ability

-onboard IS

Most filming done while mounted to a tripod, but would like to be able to have it on a simple rig for versatility and action.

2 hours ago, Stryker530 said:

Needs:

Nice to haves:

-portability

-shoe mount

-decent zooming ability

-onboard IS

this?
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1477964-REG/sony_hxrnx100_3_hxr_nx100_full_hd_nxcam.html/overview

yeah what would i know about cameras or cinematography compared to you tech people.  i've only done this work for nearly 20 years, won a few awards, worked in over a dozen different countries and a few multi million dollar projects

@LaFemmeEnVertThanks for the response. I had been thinking of the Canon XA11 (want to have some budget left over for accessories if possible). We want to use this for streaming ceremonies, recording sports footage, short film projects, etc. Would the Sony have any advantages in those situations?

1 hour ago, Stryker530 said:

@LaFemmeEnVertThanks for the response. I had been thinking of the Canon XA11 (want to have some budget left over for accessories if possible). We want to use this for streaming ceremonies, recording sports footage, short film projects, etc. Would the Sony have any advantages in those situations?

Mostly just larger sensor

yeah what would i know about cameras or cinematography compared to you tech people.  i've only done this work for nearly 20 years, won a few awards, worked in over a dozen different countries and a few multi million dollar projects