Alleged "bot" to buy graphics cards.

derpkotacasper

Everyone keeps saying scalpers use a bot to get their cards and PS5s. So, I'm just wondering, where do I download this bot from? What's the name of it? Can I configure it for one specific card? Can I take it out back and beat it with a sack of potatoes if it doesn't work fast enough?

This sounds lighthearted... I'm not joking though, I genuinely would like to know. I allege that these bots aren't as prevalent as all my friends and family seem to think they are; it doesn't seem to be an uncommon train of thought.

Happy to help.

ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi6)\\Ryzen 3 3100 OC 4.5GHz @1.26V\\Corsair H60\\G. Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 2666 CL19\\WD Black SN750 512GB PCIe 3.0 NVMe\\WD 1TB Storage HDD\\EVGA 600B\\Power Color Radeon RX6600 XT 8GB\\ASUS TUF Gaming 23.8" IPS 144Hz@1080p\\Corsair 220T RGB\\Corsair K55 RGB Pro\\Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury

Not going to supply the name bc I refuse to help anybody scalp, whether or not you will, but trust me, a bot will always have a faster reaction time to a restock then you can, and with the number of people using bots, even at a limit of one per customer, most will be checked out within a minute, and the rest will be gone within 10 minutes. 

Scalpers are bad, and the high demand for tech by legitimate customers isn't helping the situation. As is typical of bot developers, give them 2 days and they will have already circumvented the detection algorithm with more realistic and/or more bogus information. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

It's very prevalent, and not just confined to graphics cards. There's entire companies (who shall go unnamed, because they don't deserve any free marketing) built around providing bots to scalpers for all sort of goods, whether that be graphics cards, consoles, the latest hot holiday toy, or even fashion lines launched at Target. This is how some people make a living, literally buying up anything they can sell at a profit, and they pay subscription fees for bots that help them do their job.

If you're thinking script kiddie in their momma's basement making a "bot", yeah, that's not it. This is global scale.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Most of these bots are "for rent" from some service. So you have to pay to use it basically. It's sad that this became a market by itself.

Don't know that much more about it tbh.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

4 minutes ago, derpkotacasper said:

Everyone keeps saying scalpers use a bot to get their cards and PS5s. So, I'm just wondering, where do I download this bot from? What's the name of it? Can I configure it for one specific card? Can I take it out back and beat it with a sack of potatoes if it doesn't work fast enough?

This sounds lighthearted... I'm not joking though, I genuinely would like to know. I allege that these bots aren't as prevalent as all my friends and family seem to think they are; it doesn't seem to be an uncommon train of thought.

Is a software you purchase from developers, it helps you scavenge the internet for the item you set it to look for.

Pricing varies depending on how fast or how many instructions the bot can perform. As to where to find these bots, I do not know.

Full time technology enthusiast, part time IT.

I solemnly swear I would be using this for literally just one RTX 30 card. Man I'm running a GTX 1050 Ti here, help me out. 😭😭😭

I'd even be willing to pay a reasonable price for the software.

Happy to help.

ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi6)\\Ryzen 3 3100 OC 4.5GHz @1.26V\\Corsair H60\\G. Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 2666 CL19\\WD Black SN750 512GB PCIe 3.0 NVMe\\WD 1TB Storage HDD\\EVGA 600B\\Power Color Radeon RX6600 XT 8GB\\ASUS TUF Gaming 23.8" IPS 144Hz@1080p\\Corsair 220T RGB\\Corsair K55 RGB Pro\\Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury

10 minutes ago, derpkotacasper said:

https://github.com/Hari-Nagarajan/fairgame heres one

1 minute ago, derpkotacasper said:

I solemnly swear I would be using this for literally just one RTX 30 card. Man I'm running a GTX 1050 Ti here, help me out. 😭😭😭

I'd even be willing to pay a reasonable price for the software.

As far as I'm aware this isn't like Netflix. The fees are fairly insane unless you're doing it at scale, and turning a hefty profit. If you need a single card bad enough to use a service like that, you might as well just pay the scalpers. (Hint: you don't)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Just now, Chris Pratt said:

As far as I'm aware this isn't like Netflix. The fees are fairly insane unless you're doing it at scale, and turning a hefty profit. If you need a single card bad enough to use a service like that, you might as well just pay the scalpers. (Hint: you don't)

Ugh. I guess that makes sense though, if it was truly this simple everyone would do it.

Although... I wonder how well piracy has combated these bots. It'd be a little bit of justice to see these things available on The Pirate Bay.

Happy to help.

1 minute ago, derpkotacasper said:

Ugh. I guess that makes sense though, if it was truly this simple everyone would do it.

Although... I wonder how well piracy has combated these bots. It'd be a little bit of justice to see these things available on The Pirate Bay.

Thing is, we all know this situation sucks, but the market will correct itself eventually. At least you have a GPU. You can live without a better one for a while. Take the opportunity to dig into your backlog of older games, or replay some of your favorites from over the years.

2 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Thing is, we all know this situation sucks, but the market will correct itself eventually. At least you have a GPU. You can live without a better one for a while. Take the opportunity to dig into your backlog of older games, or replay some of your favorites from over the years.

I'm gonna actually use the opportunity to finish the build and have two monitors when I can finally, eventually cop myself a 30 Series. Or maybe a Radeon card, but I need to learn literally anything at all about AMD gpu's... last time i paid amd any mind was in a crossfire build i had in 2012. And before then, it was ATI.

I'm just edging closer and closer to completion though. Pressure is about to be on from my end in trying to find a GPU.

Happy to help.

There are many bots available on Github. Not sure how effective they are but maybe worth a shot.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

A GTX 1050 Ti is good enough for the Time being. I making do with a GTX 760 due to needing a replacement Fan for my Zotac 970.

On 4/21/2021 at 9:02 AM, whm1974 said:

A GTX 1050 Ti is good enough for the Time being. I making do with a GTX 760 due to needing a replacement Fan for my Zotac 970.

It's been good enough for many moon. I had just been waiting to upgrade my PC until life squared up for me and now that I've finally been ready, this shit happens. 😞 i'd be happy with a 2070 Super or a 2080 Ti or Super. Don't need top of the line, just want something.

Happy to help.

Don't give any of them money.  No money for bot companies, no money for scalpers, no money for anyone who charges a dime over msrp.

Another sucker will get screwed.  A 1050ti is still ok for 1080p low settings 60fps.  If you're looking for something to play get yourself emulator/roms for classic consoles.

Nvidia and AMD don't give a rat's arse about gamers.  AIBs don't care.  Distributors don't care.  All they want is maximum screwing of anyone who will buy.

The only way we'll really get out of this gpu mess is for a major crash in crypto currency.  I don't exactly know how it'll happen.  But I would applaud any person or organization who would use any form of tactics to destroy crypto and make the miners bleed.  Nothing would be more satisfying than seeing someone selling their 8 3080s on ebay for $100 a piece so they can pay their credit card bill with 26% interest that they used to buy their gpus.

12 minutes ago, Doug_Dangger said:

Nvidia and AMD don't give a rat's arse about gamers. 

You realize Nvidia FE cards are still released... At MSRP and obtainable. Their prices have not gone up. Same with AMD reference cards. The $650 I paid for my 6800 XT is still what you pay for them. They have no control over AIBs raising prices(which they ALWAYS have done), distributers marking up to the stores and stores marking up to consumers?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

18 minutes ago, Doug_Dangger said:

Don't give any of them money.  No money for bot companies, no money for scalpers, no money for anyone who charges a dime over msrp.

Another sucker will get screwed.  A 1050ti is still ok for 1080p low settings 60fps.  If you're looking for something to play get yourself emulator/roms for classic consoles.

Nvidia and AMD don't give a rat's arse about gamers.  AIBs don't care.  Distributors don't care.  All they want is maximum screwing of anyone who will buy.

The only way we'll really get out of this gpu mess is for a major crash in crypto currency.  I don't exactly know how it'll happen.  But I would applaud any person or organization who would use any form of tactics to destroy crypto and make the miners bleed.  Nothing would be more satisfying than seeing someone selling their 8 3080s on ebay for $100 a piece so they can pay their credit card bill with 26% interest that they used to buy their gpus.

I'm not keen on wishing ill will on people who are using their property how they choose to. It's only the scalpers I take issue with.

Happy to help.

7 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

You realize Nvidia FE cards are still released... At MSRP and obtainable. Their prices have not gone up. Same with AMD reference cards. The $650 I paid for my 6800 XT is still what you pay for them. They have no control over AIBs raising prices(which they ALWAYS have done), distributers marking up to the stores and stores marking up to consumers?

Where the hell are you seeing FE cards at MSRP?

Happy to help.

Just now, derpkotacasper said:

Where the hell are you seeing FE cards at MSRP?

Best Buy and a few other stores.. 3080s also dropped same day.

image.png.c6c43473db269a1c495f1ee1737ed30b.png

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

35 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Obtainable?  LOL!

24 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Best Buy and a few other stores.. 3080s also dropped same day.

image.png.c6c43473db269a1c495f1ee1737ed30b.png

WTF you talking about?  It's always sold out.

The moment they make drops it's gone in literally seconds thanks to bots.

34 minutes ago, derpkotacasper said:

I'm not keen on wishing ill will on people who are using their property how they choose to. It's only the scalpers I take issue with.

They're both part of the problem so I say fuq em.

2 minutes ago, Doug_Dangger said:

Obtainable?  LOL!

They are? Took a friend of mine 3 days to get a reference 6800 XT... I got mine about a week after looking back in November....

This is from Saturday. I was working, so I wasn't all over the drop either.

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

image_2021-04-17_094531.png

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

5 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

They are? Took a friend of mine 3 days to get a reference 6800 XT... I got mine about a week after looking back in November....

This is from Saturday. I was working, so I wasn't all over the drop either.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

image.png

image_2021-04-17_094531.png

And I won the lottery 17 times in a row.

Just now, Doug_Dangger said:

And I won the lottery 17 times in a row.

Hard to win the lottery if you don't try.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?