there ist nothing progibiting me from using 2 power supplies in my Computer

or is there ?

(One just for the graphics card)

8 minutes ago, full bridge rectifier said:

Just a short question

or is there ?

Of course not mehdi from ElectroBoom, Id be carefull though, since im not really sure about how you would want to turn the gpu off again

3 minutes ago, Haraikomono said:

Of course not mehdi from ElectroBoom, Id be carefull though, since im not really sure about how you would want to turn the gpu off again

Isnt there a off switch on the back side of the power supply?😂

i'm not expecting it to be in the need to turn it off a lot

or do you think that could damage the GPU

2 minutes ago, full bridge rectifier said:

Isnt there a off switch on the back side of the power supply?😂

i'm not expecting it to be in the need to turn it off a lot

or do you think that could damage the GPU

If the power supplies turn on at different times, it could cause issues.

However there are adapters, mostly for mining, that could work here. 

https://www.amazon.com/BattleBorn-Connector-Splitter-Dual-PSU-Adapter/dp/B016P490UU

That being said, why would you want the GPU on a separate PSU? Just buy a new quality unit that will fit your needs.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Yes, you can certainly run dual PSUs (I did that with a Radeon HD 3870 years ago), but instead you should look into one proper PSU that will safely power your components. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

26 minutes ago, full bridge rectifier said:

Just a short question

or is there ?

you certainly can

but you'll need to turn on the PSU that powers only the GPU manually

whenever possible, I'd rather run a single, higher-quality PSU

40 minutes ago, 17030644 said:

you certainly can

but you'll need to turn on the PSU that powers only the GPU manually

whenever possible, I'd rather run a single, higher-quality PSU

What to you mean be turning on the Psu

just flip the switch on the back?

10 hours ago, full bridge rectifier said:

Just a short question

or is there ?

When a groupregulated unit is only used to power a gpu (that only uses 12v from the pci-e connector) it has a very bad voltageregulation. A psu with DC-DC is recommend.

Which PSUs are you using and what system are you powering? Why can't you power the system off one PSU?

It's important to remember that two bad power supplies does not make a good power supply.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 4:21 PM, full bridge rectifier said:

What to you mean be turning on the Psu

just flip the switch on the back?

Ofc the switch has to be in the "on" position

but I mean, shorting pins found on the ATX connector so the PSU "thinks" the motherboard gave it the signal to turn on

That's easy to do.
All you'd have to do is look at the main 24 pin ATX plug of the PSU's and find the lone green wire with each, that's the sensing wire (To ground) that tells it to switch on or off.

Just link both green wires from each PSU (And ONLY the green wires) together and "Presto" - They'll both work normally together.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

On 4/17/2021 at 2:26 PM, Spotty said:

Which PSUs are you using and what system are you powering? Why can't you power the system off one PSU?

It's important to remember that two bad power supplies does not make a good power supply.

My guess is that the OP has a prebuilt with a proprietary power supply and he wants to add a GPU in it (or upgrade the existing one), only to find out the stock PSU might not be sufficient to power the GPU 🤔

On 5/4/2021 at 2:33 PM, Beerzerker said:

That's easy to do.
All you'd have to do is look at the main 24 pin ATX plug of the PSU's and find the lone green wire with each, that's the sensing wire (To ground) that tells it to switch on or off.

Just link both green wires from each PSU (And ONLY the green wires) together and "Presto" - They'll both work normally together.

Oh okay thanks for your help
I now have an adapter which they say should work too
(connects 2 of the 24pin motherboard wires to another female 24 pin for the 2nd psu)

On 5/4/2021 at 5:50 PM, doubleflower said:

My guess is that the OP has a prebuilt with a proprietary power supply and he wants to add a GPU in it (or upgrade the existing one), only to find out the stock PSU might not be sufficient to power the GPU 🤔

something like that yeah....

On 5/4/2021 at 2:22 PM, 17030644 said:

Ofc the switch has to be in the "on" position

but I mean, shorting pins found on the ATX connector so the PSU "thinks" the motherboard gave it the signal to turn on

thx

7 hours ago, full bridge rectifier said:

thx

welcome

7 hours ago, full bridge rectifier said:

Oh okay thanks for your help
I now have an adapter which they say should work too
(connects 2 of the 24pin motherboard wires to another female 24 pin for the 2nd psu)

A simple jumper wire is really all you need.
I have one setup to remotely power on a small unit to my cooling tower's pump whenever I run it.

All I did was to run the wire as stated with one end having a really small spade connector crimped onto one end and pushed that down into the top of the 24 pin ATX plug to the green wire, that ATX plug being what goes to the system itself.
For the remote PSU you can do the same but push it in either at the top or from underneath the plug - Just make sure it's from green wire to green wire ONLY and be sure to secure the wire so it doesn't come loose/out and have one end accidentally touch something it shoudn't as in anything.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.