780Ti K|NGP|N Edition desperately try to reclaim the GPU core clock throne, but Galaxy is still king at 2Ghz [flamewar inside, all fanboys invited]

KakaoDj

Source

Seems that the Galaxy 780Ti HOF will rule over them all for a while   :lol:

Galaxy 780Ti Hof 2000MHz core clock

overclocking it to an astounding 1920mhz on the core clock.. Overclocking enthusiast Dancop from Germany and Xtreme Addict from Poland managed to overclock the card to 1920/7600 MHz on HWBOT.

EVGA-GeForce-GTX-780-Ti-Classified-KingP

guess its not the KING anymore...

haha ok ill be leaving

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Lol try 1920 MHz with a stock cooler.

i seriously doubt that is the case here, it only glorifies the stock cooling, but does not specify that it used air cooling for the overclock

I know, but I was talking about doing it with a reference cooler.

we can only hope maxwell will overclock that beastly, but for some reason i think it wont  :P

AMD not the fastest and doesn't have physX. Way to go Green Team! Nvidia .... play games the way they were meant to be played.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

AMD not the fastest and doesn't have physX. Way to go Green Team! Nvidia .... play games the way they were meant to be played.

*shilling intensifies*

Nvidia does not have Mantle, and so... let the war commence

Ladies, ladies, please... There's a time and a place for a cat fight, and this isn't it. We all know that nvidia is better in some places, and AMD in others. :)

True techies aren't that stupid to be fanboys, we favor any brand which is best for a given task, no matter the skin... umm, I mean logo colour.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Ladies, ladies, please... There's a time and a place for a cat fight, and this isn't it. We all know that nvidia is better in some places, and AMD in others. :)

True techies don't aren't that stupid to be fanboys, we favor any brand which is best for a given task, no matter the skin... umm, I mean logo colour.

haha, i was just trying to bait all the fanboys  :P

You cant say the HOF doesnt look bad. Although if i had the money i would still probably buy the king pin over it

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

haha, i was just trying to bait all the fanboys  :P

I figured, but I tried to do the opposite, I don't have the time to read through another GPU-fanboy battlefield.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

That's about a 75% increase over reference clocks. Such clockspeed.

I wonder what sort of FPS increase you'd get in games.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

*shilling intensifies*

Mantle sucks and DX12 ;)

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

All these record means nothing if it's not water/air cooled...

it's for bragging rights, aka dongswinging

Mantle sucks and DX12 ;)

Mantle is great for that budget gamer with a crap cpu. Pair a Athlon 760k and 290x and it will fly. To be completely honest, what the hell is the point of Phys X when it's complete dirt (pun not intended). There is nothing special about Phys X for games. Yes Phys X is useful for other applications but more effects in a game that really does not need it? And this is coming from an true non-biased techy so nVidia fan boys don't hate because nVidia power requirements and heat output are low and lovely

Project Restomod (In progress)

Mantle is great for that budget gamer with a crap cpu. Pair a Athlon 760k and 290x and it will fly. To be completely honest, what the hell is the point of Phys X when it's complete dirt (pun not intended). There is nothing special about Phys X for games. Yes Phys X is useful for other applications but more effects in a game that really does not need it? And this is coming from an true non-biased techy so nVidia fan boys don't hate because nVidia power requirements and heat output are low and lovely

Dodging bullets left and right here :D

*shilling intensifies*

Mantle is useless on the high end level, so... 

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Given relatively equal products, I tend to favour the Nvidia one. I use Nvidia now. I consider myself an Nvidia fan. But PhysX is really pointless. A lot of games do not use it, and the ones that do, it's just a little extra smoke or something silly. I think there are other more significant Nvidia features compared to PhysX.

Mantle is useless on the high end level, so...

You sure? Because if I remember correctly, the high end systems showed the most significant improvement > 40% (iirc).

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

You sure? Because if I remember correctly, the high end systems showed the most significant improvement > 40% (iirc).

shhh, dont crush his dreams

The 290X might have made impressive changes, but not on a 4770k. In fact, the change in FPS between Mantle and D3D on a 7850k is quite impressive, but on a 4770k, not as much.

bf4-fps.gif

When using a 4770k, the 780 Ti easily pulls out on top, even with Mantle used on the 290X. Using a lower end CPU, where the CPU bottleneck more easily exists, Mantle fixes that, and impressively.

shhh, dont crush his dreams

It's not a dream, it just doesn't truly effect the enthusiast level in the "AMD vs. Nvidia" debate yet. Low to mid end hardware would benefit the most where CPU bottlenecks are likely to exist.

Instead of acting like an asshole about it, you could provide any evidence as to why I might be wrong, since I'm quite a bit more open minded than you treat me to be.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.