Planning a new build for myself.

Go to solution Solved by Anonymous_Yee,

@Brok3n But who cares? Hey so I just watched some videos and guides for this case.

I think this is what my finalized setup is going to be:

CPU: 10700k

GPU:  3060, 3060 ti, 3070. It's all about time rn.

Motherboard: Same thing as before Asus Z490-I Motherboard

RAM: I'm pretty sure that 3600mhz ram can't be supported with the motherboard or 10700k (this is just my information that I know abt. So still going with the Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB.

Storage: For now just 1 TB SSD

Case: You already know it. Ssupd Meshlicious

Cooling: Might as well go H100i Elite Capellix

PSU: I might go for a 750-850 W psu. Idk yet.

I think that's it. But thx for helping me.

I will later on buy the peripherals, but until I am actually allowed to do build this computer, I'm not gonna bother abt the monitors and other things. 

9 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Wait so If I were to go with the Meshlicious, how many fans do I need. Because it seems you can only have a radiator or 2 120mm fans. I am planning on going with a NZXT Kraken X53. Would that be a good Idea? I just want a non rgb cooling system.

Current Setup: PC

33 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Those coolers aren't a great value. Would recommend the Fuma 2 or the mugen 5 over them. 

I am not really into value.

Both can handle 5.1ghz all cores on my i9 9900k and i7 8086ks and still idle in the low 30s. 

Since I have used several of both in builds it is what I know.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

19 minutes ago, Anonymous_Yee said:

Wait so If I were to go with the Meshlicious, how many fans do I need. Because it seems you can only have a radiator or 2 120mm fans. I am planning on going with a NZXT Kraken X53. Would that be a good Idea? I just want a non rgb cooling system.

If you go with a 5600x just get the stock cooler, no need for case fans.

11 minutes ago, jones177 said:

I am not really into value.

Both can handle 5.1ghz all cores on my i9 9900k and i7 8086ks and still idle in the low 30s. 

Since I have used several of both in builds it is what I know.

Don't base your recommendations on only personal experience, use objective data if possible. The coolers I mentioned can perform nearly as well or as well as the coolers you mentioned at $50 and $60 respectively- based on data gathered by trustworthy sources. Saying "Both can handle 5.1ghz all cores on my i9 9900k and i7 8086ks and still idle in the low 30s." doesn't make much sense. I have a 10700k and my 120mm aio can handle it at 5.0ghz all cores, and it can still idle in the low 30's. That's useless information. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

@jones177 @Brok3n But who cares?This is what I am now planning for now.

Case: Ssupd Meshilicious ($119.99)

CPU: Intel i7-10700k ($300)

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming OC ($600)

Motherboard: Asus Z490-I Motherboard

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB

Storage: Inland Platinum 1 TB (Might change or just upgrade in the future)

PSU: Corsair RM 750 W PSU Fully Modular

Cooling: I decided I might as well go rgb. So Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix Black Version

Fans (Pretty sure that the H100i has 2 included fans)

Anything else I'm missin?

Peripherals I got some in mind for streaming.

Mouse Upgrading: Razer Viper Mini

Webcam is the Logitech C920 HD Webcam

2x 1080p Monitors 1 at 144hz and 1 at 165hz.

Just now, Anonymous_Yee said:

Cooling: I decided I might as well go rgb. So Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix Black Version

I'm dying mentally

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

3 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

If you go with a 5600x just get the stock cooler, no need for case fans.

Don't base your recommendations on only personal experience, use objective data if possible. The coolers I mentioned can perform nearly as well or as well as the coolers you mentioned at $50 and $60 respectively- based on data gathered by trustworthy sources. Saying "Both can handle 5.1ghz all cores on my i9 9900k and i7 8086ks and still idle in the low 30s." doesn't make much sense. I have a 10700k and my 120mm aio can handle it at 5.0ghz all cores, and it can still idle in the low 30's. That's useless information. 

What happens if the H100i Elite Capellix has fans? Am I just wasting money then?

1 minute ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

I'm dying mentally

Uh why?

9 minutes ago, Anonymous_Yee said:

Uh why?

Because you took most of my advice and threw it out of the window. 

10 minutes ago, Anonymous_Yee said:

What happens if the H100i Elite Capellix has fans? Am I just wasting money then?

I was talking about the 5600x with the stock cooler, and I was addressing case fans, not aio fans. But yes, with the capellix you're kinda wasting your money, especially if you don't plan to overclock.

11 minutes ago, Anonymous_Yee said:

The 3060ti TUF isn't a very good value at $600. I'd get the 3070 FE, save some money. The Asus z490-i, it's fine but I'd probably recommend a z490i-unify or a z489 aorus ultra. LPX ram may have a hard time with XMP, I'd recommend a 3600mhz, cl16 16gb kit of ram, the cheapest kit you can find besides LPX. The Storage, I'd go for sx8200 pro or a pilot-e. The PSU, I'd go with an enermax revolution D.F 850w, a antec earthwatts unit, or a corsair CX- a decent non-modular PSU on the cheap. For the AIO I'd recommend an arctic liquid freezer II 280mm if you're overclocking, otherwise like a se224xt or something if you're not, provided it'll fit, or some low profile cooler from noctua or whoever. 

How come you want two high refresh rate monitors? 

Because you took most of my advice and threw it out of the window. 

I was talking about the 5600x with the stock cooler, and I was addressing case fans, not aio fans. But yes, with the capellix you're kinda wasting your money, especially if you don't plan to overclock.

The 3060ti TUF isn't a very good value at $600. I'd get the 3070 FE, save some money. The Asus z490-i, it's fine but I'd probably recommend a z490i-unify or a z489 aorus ultra. LPX ram may have a hard time with XMP, I'd recommend a 3600mhz, cl16 16gb kit of ram, the cheapest kit you can find besides LPX. The Storage, I'd go for sx8200 pro or a pilot-e. The PSU, I'd go with an enermax revolution D.F 850w, a antec earthwatts unit, or a corsair CX- a decent non-modular PSU on the cheap. For the AIO I'd recommend an arctic liquid freezer II 280mm if you're overclocking, otherwise like a se224xt or something if you're not, provided it'll fit, or some low profile cooler from noctua or whoever. 

How come you want two monitors? 

Ok sorry that I didn't really read your advice.

But I really think that going with 8 cores is way better.

And yes ik that the 3060ti isn't for a good price. I'm still just trying to find one from 400-600 dollars. 

Why not just go 750 W? Also I do want to go AIO cooling since I am planning on overclocking.

And wdym by I want two monitors? 1 is for my game, then the other is for well like for discord on the side with also stream chat. Should I maybe just go 75hz on my secondary monitor to save some bucks?

Isn't the fans that are included with the H100i technically case fans? According to some reviews on the case, it suggests that I shouldn't add fans but the radiator. If so, I might go for like the NZXT Kraen X53.

3 minutes ago, Anonymous_Yee said:

Ok sorry that I didn't really read your advice.

But I really think that going with 8 cores is way better.

And yes ik that the 3060ti isn't for a good price. I'm still just trying to find one from 400-600 dollars. 

Why not just go 750 W? Also I do want to go AIO cooling since I am planning on overclocking.

And wdym by I want two monitors? 1 is for my game, then the other is for well like for discord on the side with also stream chat. Should I maybe just go 75hz on my secondary monitor to save some bucks?

8 cores shouldn't do very much, but if you really want it I can't exactly stop you. 
For the video card, just tyr to get an FE, others work just not as well.

750w is fine, so is 850w. For the revolution D.F, the 850w is basically the same price so no reason not to go for it.

That's what I was worried about. if you're not gaming on both monitors, or using both for tasks that require a high refresh, go for a 60hz or 75hz secondary. 

1 minute ago, Anonymous_Yee said:

Isn't the fans that are included with the H100i technically case fans? According to some reviews on the case, it suggests that I shouldn't add fans but the radiator. If so, I might go for like the NZXT Kraen X53.

Both aren't very good coolers, especially for the price. What I was saying was with the 5600x, you wouldn't need additional case fans for airflow. 

32 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Both aren't very good coolers, especially for the price. What I was saying was with the 5600x, you wouldn't need additional case fans for airflow. 

Ok, I see that, but I think that AIO would better, come to think of it now, my room is like 40-50 degrees (F) and i guess going air cooling is way better. Since I could just pull in cold air. But wouldn't I then need some case fans to get some airflow?

4 minutes ago, Anonymous_Yee said:

Ok, I see that, but I think that AIO would better, come to think of it now, my room is like 40-50 degrees (F) and i guess going air cooling is way better. Since I could just pull in cold air. But wouldn't I then need some case fans to get some airflow?

Not really, there's a lot of ventilation. Both an aio and an air cooler would use... air. Neither is going to be significantly better than the other at those temps. 

Not really, there's a lot of ventilation. Both an aio and an air cooler would use... air. Neither is going to be significantly better than the other at those temps. 

Should I just go AIO Cooling? If so, what 240mm radiator should I use?

Just now, Anonymous_Yee said:

Should I just go AIO Cooling? If so, what 240mm radiator should I use?

If you're overclocking, yes. The arctic liquid freezer II 240mm/280,

Just now, Brok3n But who cares? said:

If you're overclocking, yes. The arctic liquid freezer II 240mm/280,

Ok cool thx. I'm just watching some build guides using the case.

1 hour ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

I base all my recommendations on personnel experience. Most do that here.

If the information is useless to you that is fine with me. It may not be useless to someone else.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

1 hour ago, Anonymous_Yee said:

I like the cooler.

I did a EVGA 360mm on my last build and it looks dull without RGB. I don't like it so next time RGB.

1 minute ago, jones177 said:

I like the cooler.

I did a EVGA 360mm on my last build and it looks dull without RGB. I don't like it so next time RGB.

Yeah I thought that going a little rgb would be good. So I might as well go H100i Capellix since I'm gonna oc.

2 minutes ago, jones177 said:

I like the cooler.

Bitwit actually uses a H100i cooler too in his review vid.

@Brok3n But who cares? Hey so I just watched some videos and guides for this case.

I think this is what my finalized setup is going to be:

CPU: 10700k

GPU:  3060, 3060 ti, 3070. It's all about time rn.

Motherboard: Same thing as before Asus Z490-I Motherboard

RAM: I'm pretty sure that 3600mhz ram can't be supported with the motherboard or 10700k (this is just my information that I know abt. So still going with the Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB.

Storage: For now just 1 TB SSD

Case: You already know it. Ssupd Meshlicious

Cooling: Might as well go H100i Elite Capellix

PSU: I might go for a 750-850 W psu. Idk yet.

I think that's it. But thx for helping me.

I will later on buy the peripherals, but until I am actually allowed to do build this computer, I'm not gonna bother abt the monitors and other things. 

26 minutes ago, Anonymous_Yee said:

Bitwit actually uses a H100i cooler too in his review vid.

I like his build videos. 

They helped me a lot in the past.

4 minutes ago, jones177 said:

I like his build videos. 

They helped me a lot in the past.

Yeah.

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, scuderiarmani said:

So would I with this advice.

Terrible advice for the SSUPD. The back of the GPU is blocked by the Motherboard. How do you think a flow through FE will like that? 

1. A lot of Ampere cards are flow-through. Tests show that the Gpu'll run a little toasty but would be fine. And would you really recommending paying 250+ USD more for a non-FE card? Don't understand why you want to bring back a month-old topic, nor do I get where you got your half-baked advice.