Planning a new build for myself.

Go to solution Solved by Anonymous_Yee,

@Brok3n But who cares? Hey so I just watched some videos and guides for this case.

I think this is what my finalized setup is going to be:

CPU: 10700k

GPU:  3060, 3060 ti, 3070. It's all about time rn.

Motherboard: Same thing as before Asus Z490-I Motherboard

RAM: I'm pretty sure that 3600mhz ram can't be supported with the motherboard or 10700k (this is just my information that I know abt. So still going with the Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB.

Storage: For now just 1 TB SSD

Case: You already know it. Ssupd Meshlicious

Cooling: Might as well go H100i Elite Capellix

PSU: I might go for a 750-850 W psu. Idk yet.

I think that's it. But thx for helping me.

I will later on buy the peripherals, but until I am actually allowed to do build this computer, I'm not gonna bother abt the monitors and other things. 

Budget (including currency): 2190 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Krunker.io, Rainbow Siege, CS:GO, Warzone. And of couse, school.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So currently, I was thinking that for my build, I want a small form factor case, so I chose the FormD T1 (inspiration from Andy's Upgrade), I am planning on streaming, so maybe I could get the 10700k? But for now I chose the 10600k. ($320 10700k, $220 10600k)

GPU: I just want a GPU abt 400-500 bucks. Idk when to get it

Motherboard: Since the T1 is a SFF Case, I have to go mITX motherboard. And I chose the Z490-I from Asus. ($260 Amazon)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB $93 on amazon

Storage: Inland Platinum 1TB SSD $100 on amazon

PSU: Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold Full Modular, 80+ Gold $135 on amazon

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i $45 on amazon

Monitors: Asus VG278QR 27" 1920x1080p 165hz Monitor and the Asus VP249QGR 23.8" 1920x1080p 144hz Monitor ($510 on Amazon, I will buy in future, I have monitors at home atm) I will upgrade later on.

Mouse: Razer Viper Mini $40?

Keyboard: Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition (I already have it so need worries on that)

Is there anything else I'm missing? If so, let me know! Thank you!

Current Setup: PC

3 minutes ago, Anonymous_Yee said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Krunker.io, Rainbow Siege, CS:GO, Warzone. And of couse, school.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So currently, I was thinking that for my build, I want a small form factor case, so I chose the FormD T1 (inspiration from Andy's Upgrade), I am planning on streaming, so maybe I could get the 10700k? But for now I chose the 10600k. ($320 10700k, $220 10600k)

Motherboard: Since the T1 is a SFF Case, I have to go mITX motherboard. And I chose the Z490-I from Asus. ($260 Amazon)

Monitors: Asus VG278QR 27" 1920x1080p 165hz Monitor and the Asus VP249QGR 23.8" 1920x1080p 144hz Monitor ($510 on Amazon, I will buy in future, I have monitors at home atm) I will upgrade later on.

Keyboard: Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition (I already have it so need worries on that)

Remember to take into consideration the camera and anything you would need to stream with. Check if you motherboard has PCI lane for a capture card.

I am just planning on using a webcam from logitech. Also do I really need a capture card for streaming?

5 minutes ago, DHurtado714 said:

Remember to take into consideration the camera and anything you would need to stream with. Check if you motherboard has PCI lane for a capture card.

If I really need one, which one should i get link to amazon newegg or microcenter

Not enough cooling for a i7 10700k.

A single fan Noctua NH-D15 or a Dark Rock Pro would be better and they can handle a 5ghz all core overclock and still have idles in the low 30s.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

1 minute ago, jones177 said:

A single fan Noctua NH-D15 or a Dark Rock Pro would be better and they can handle a 5ghz all core overclock and still have idles in the low 30s.

I was planning on just going for the 10600k or should I really go for the 10700k?

16 minutes ago, Anonymous_Yee said:

My recommendation. The MESHLICIOUS supports ATX psus, and up to 280mm aios, however I'm not sure if it supports both the 3080FE and an ATX psu at the same time, it can at least do either or. If this is to expensive simply downgrade the ram to a 16gb cl16 3600mhz kit (the cheapest you can find BESIDES LPX) and the nvme to the 1tb pilot-e. However, this might be a touch overkill for your use case.

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

3 minutes ago, jones177 said:

Also, are they small enough to fit in the case? Because in Andy's upgrade vid, the 120mm cpu cooler was too big for it.

4 minutes ago, jones177 said:

Those coolers aren't a great value. Would recommend the Fuma 2 or the mugen 5 over them. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

2 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

My recommendation. The MESHLICIOUS supports ATX psus, and up to 280mm aios, however I'm not sure if it supports both the 3080FE and an ATX psu at the same time, it can at least do either or. If this is to expensive simply downgrade the ram to a 16gb cl16 3600mhz kit (the cheapest you can find BESIDES LPX) and the nvme to the 1tb pilot-e. However, this might be a touch overkill for your use case.

Do I really need  the 5900X and 3080? And plus I would have to wait ages to get it. I think that just getting a core i9 is better 12 cores is overkill for me anyway.

1 minute ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Those coolers aren't a great value. Would recommend the Fuma 2 or the mugen 5 over them. 

But isn't noctua good tho?

7 minutes ago, jones177 said:

Bro the NH-D15 can't even fit in the the T1 case.

1 minute ago, Anonymous_Yee said:

But isn't noctua good tho?

Model>Brand, so no. 

2 minutes ago, Anonymous_Yee said:

Do I really need  the 5900X and 3080? And plus I would have to wait ages to get it. I think that just getting a core i9 is better 12 cores is overkill for me anyway.

It's not hard to get either. Make sure you know how to get those (search up a guide on how to get them) and either use the stockdrops discord or a youtube video that monitors stock. Using bestbuy you have a decent shot at getting something. 

4 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Is this ssupd MESHLICIOUS case a SFF case or just a small one?

3 minutes ago, Anonymous_Yee said:

Also, my build just presents what I feel like is the best value for your budget. If you do not feel that you need these components, you don't need to use them. 

Just now, Anonymous_Yee said:

Is this ssupd MESHLICIOUS case a SFF case or just a small one?

It's an ITX case, about 15L, so middle-of-the-road for ITX cases. It's just really, really good. 

Just now, Brok3n But who cares? said:

It's an ITX case, about 15L, so middle-of-the-road for ITX cases. It's just really, really good. 

Yeah I checked there website out, I think I will change to that case instead. 

1 minute ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Also, my build just presents what I feel like is the best value for what you have. If you do not feel that you need these components, you don't need to use them. 

5900x and 3080 is too much for me, and plus where the heck would I even get these? They're sold out at my microcenter I think. I would rather just get a core i9 for 200 dollars less.

4 minutes ago, Anonymous_Yee said:

I was planning on just going for the 10600k or should I really go for the 10700k?

If you just game and not do anything at the same time, 6 cores is fine. 

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

4 minutes ago, Anonymous_Yee said:

Yeah I checked there website out, I think I will change to that case instead. 

5900x and 3080 is too much for me, and plus where the heck would I even get these? They're sold out at my microcenter I think. I would rather just get a core i9 for 200 dollars less.

Read above for the instructions on how to get a card. To get one you're going to need to be a little dedicated, but if you can get one it'll be awesome. Also... A 10900k is like $430, don't bother with the 9900. If you want a cheaper CPU, the 5600x is a good option, you wouldn't need the overkill cooling either, so that's about $300 saved there, a 3070 is fine as well. Again, my build just presented what (I feel like is) the best build for your budget. If you think it's too much, you don't need to use it, and If you don't, I'd recommend saving it instead of blowing it on other things unless they're important to your setup. 

1 minute ago, jones177 said:

If you just game and not do anything at the same time, 6 cores is fine. 

I am planning on streaming in the future when I get a pc. Since I currently use a chromebook T_T.

Just now, Anonymous_Yee said:

I am planning on streaming in the future when I get a pc. Since I currently use a chromebook T_T.

6 cores is probably still fine. 

Ok @Brok3n But who cares? Here is what I currently have

Case: ssupd Meshilicious Dark Version 119.99

CPU: Intel i7-10700k (maybe 10850k idk yet)

Motherboard: Asus Z490-I Mini ITX Motherboard

GPU: Asus TUF Gaming 3060 Ti OC (Might change because haven't done a lot of research to see if it fits or not.

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB

Storage: Inland Platinum 1 TB SSD maybe a 2TB idk yet

Cooling: I really don't know

Fans: Idk either

Power Supply: 750W is good enough?

No RGB in setup btw. My parents want my room to be modern looking not rgb mode.

I got class now cya.

2 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

6 cores is probably still fine. 

I think I would go 10700k just to be safe gtg now 

7 minutes ago, Anonymous_Yee said:

Ok @Brok3n But who cares? Here is what I currently have

Case: ssupd Meshilicious Dark Version 119.99

CPU: Intel i7-10700k (maybe 10850k idk yet)

Motherboard: Asus Z490-I Mini ITX Motherboard

GPU: Asus TUF Gaming 3060 Ti OC (Might change because haven't done a lot of research to see if it fits or not.

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB

Storage: Inland Platinum 1 TB SSD maybe a 2TB idk yet

Cooling: I really don't know

Fans: Idk either

Power Supply: 750W is good enough?

No RGB in setup btw. My parents want my room to be modern looking not rgb mode.

I got class now cya.

14 minutes ago, Anonymous_Yee said:

Also, are they small enough to fit in the case? Because in Andy's upgrade vid, the 120mm cpu cooler was too big for it.

Maybe not.

On my last 2 builds I did AIOs because there seems to be less room in modern cases up front so there is more room for cable management.

I am running into this a lot since I am re casing some of my older computers.