I NEED A GPU!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Murasaki said:

Somebody once told me, bad times were now upon us.

MSRP is a myth.

They were looking for a deal, the prices seemed unreal.

Another thread you have to bear with.

10 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

Why do mods not close these threads.

Somebody once told me, bad times require friendship and solidarity.

So, be a soldier, and feel for your companion in this crisis 😄

Actually, there may be a fourth option, something I just discovered myself about a month ago.

EVGA has set up a "queue" system for their nVidia 3000 series cards. Basically, if you sign up for a profile with them, you can click "Notify Me" on the card you want, and it adds you to a waiting list. When your turn comes around and they get more stock, they send you a notification and reserve one of the cards for you for 8 hours. If the 8 hours passes, the card is released and goes to the next person in the queue.

I'm not sure when EVGA started doing this, but it's how I'm expecting to get my card, and I'm really grateful for it. Granted, I also have no idea when my turn will come up, but I'll take that over being forced into one of the other options. It's a good option for anyone willing to wait.

https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce+30+Series+Family&chipset=RTX+3060+Ti

(Second "Notice" at the top)

1 minute ago, Brandon Shinobu said:

Actually, there may be a fourth option, something I just discovered myself about a month ago.

EVGA has set up a "queue" system for their nVidia 3000 series cards. Basically, if you sign up for a profile with them, you can click "Notify Me" on the card you want, and it adds you to a waiting list. When your turn comes around and they get more stock, they send you a notification and reserve one of the cards for you for 8 hours. If the 8 hours passes, the card is released and goes to the next person in the queue.

I'm not sure when EVGA started doing this, but it's how I'm expecting to get my card, and I'm really grateful for it. Granted, I also have no idea when my turn will come up, but I'll take that over being forced into one of the other options. It's a good option for anyone willing to wait.

https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce+30+Series+Family&chipset=RTX+3060+Ti

(Second "Notice" at the top)

There's people that signed up for that within a week of release that haven't gotten one yet. Good luck!

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

21 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

Somebody once told me, bad times were now upon us.

MSRP is a myth.

They were looking for a deal, the prices seemed unreal.

Another thread you have to bear with.

I just think its dumb how the mods close somewhat discussion worthy threads every 5 minutes because they should be status updates. But then literally every day we get new threads asking where to buy a GPU or whining about scalpers. And yet they refuse to create one superthread for this with a possible FAQ to help people.

Another thread with a "I NEED A GPU" title and the OP wanting a new RTX 3000 series card. If you need a GPU but can't get a new one at MSRP or close, then find a used GPU as a placeholder.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

5 hours ago, dilpickle said:

On the other hand, nobody forced you to click on it... why do that when you had to know what this is about? 

I also think it's good to have a place to vent about this, usually the people who do even get some info about the *actual* situation on the subject. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

6 hours ago, SHREKISLOVE.SHREKISLIFE said:

Or is there anyone here willing to sell theirs at a reasonable price thanks

This question violates our Community Standards please refrain from asking outside of our Classified Section. Before you ask you do not have the pre-requisite of 100 post count to access the section.

5 hours ago, dilpickle said:

There is a madness to our methods. Ask our new mods, they are finding out how it works and why.

It's a like parent knowing why they make the decisions and child not understanding those decisions... before anyone exclaims that I am calling you a child, I am not. It was just an example, a simple one at that.

But to answer your question, (without derailing this topic) we allow these topics for the reason @Mark Kaine gave but there is more to it than that sometimes. As for why we lock SU topics, because they are SU content, that should be effectively self-explanatory.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I managed to get an EVGA GTX 1070 FTW off Ebay for $230 condition. PERFECT condition and runs at 65C under load. I got stupid lucky.

Just now, Parabellum117 said:

I managed to get an EVGA GTX 1070 FTW off Ebay for $230 condition. PERFECT condition and runs at 65C under load. I got stupid lucky.

My point being, keep an eye on Ebay. I'd sort by "accept offers" and see if you can get someone to sell you one for a reasonable price. I did this for about a week or so before i got mine. I purchased it late January btw