Anti-gamer Senator busted for Corruption in California

jmaster299

The guy who created the now failed bill to outlaw violent video games has been arrested by the FBI on corruption charges.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/report-california-s-anti-game-senator-leland-yee-arrested-on-corruption-bribery-charges/1100-6418563/

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

the comment at the bottom is amazing

"Gamers have got to just quiet down," Yee said at the time. "Gamers have no credibility in this argument. This is all about their lust for violence and the industry's lust for money. This is a billion-dollar industry. This is about their self-interest.

Democratic California state senator Leland Yee, an outspoken critic of the video game industry, has been arrested on bribery and corruption charges

Wow.

THE GAMERS WILL ALWAYS CONTINUE!!

well even if the bill had been passed, people would play dem anyways

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Very Nice.

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

A corrupt politician *gasps*

Didn't know they could tell what corruption is with all that "lobbying" going on over there.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

good, i bet the guy was mad whit gaming being a very lucrative business, and he wanted a piece of it 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

So according to him I'm a psychopath.

Also, THE IRONY.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

You cant trust the Chinese, wouldnt suprise me if he was also a spy for China, next time vote American you foolish dumbocrats.

Wow.... this comment on the article makes me want to facepalm....

Sure the guys a shitty politician but WAIT! He's Chinese so he must be a spy right? 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

"conspiracy to traffic in firearms without a license and to illegally import firearms"

nope, it's the video games that kill people...

I'll just celebrate this with a cold beer. 

After i stop laughing of course.

But yes.. celebration  :lol:

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Almost expected him to get caught with a male prostitute. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

too much GTA-V i think :P

Character artist in the Games industry.

irony.jpg

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Almost expected him to get caught with a male prostitute. 

nononono

That's gonna be the president of Uganda. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Good. Pieces of trash like him should not be in positions of power.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

He probably did this because he learned to do it by a horrible video game!

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Another article that provides more information on the case. The original article I posted as been updated with some of the information as well.

http://news.yahoo.com/california-state-senator-arrested-fbi-sweep-005409780--finance.html

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

"Gamers have got to just quiet down," Yee said at the time. "Gamers have no credibility in this argument. This is all about their lust for violence and the industry's lust for money. This is a billion-dollar industry. This is about their self-interest.

Huh, his description of gamers and the gaming industry sounds and awful lot like my description of politicians and politics.

He played too much GTA probably.

Corrupt loser, sit down in the jail for a few years plox

Someone should mail him a Nintendo or something while he's in their lol, show him we still care.

I can't believe that people elect someone who would say something like that. It's a generalization and an inaccurate one at that. 

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer