Need help selecting a gaming chair

e22big

I am looking to buy a gaming chair (or actually any ergonomic chair for that matter), right now I am kind of interested in Cooler Master R2 but then I found out this CHAIR ANDA-SEAT AXE E-SERIES (BLACK) which slightly cheaper but offer 6 years warrant insteado CM 2 years. 

What make this chair offer such a good wrranty policy at this price point? is warranty even that important? how are they compared to one another and is there any better option that I could spend my money on? I am willing to spend up 500 buck if there something that offer a significant improvement over this choice (including warranty policy).

I am especially value the ability to adjust the seat angle, essentially turning the chair into a bed

Gaming chairs are gimmick and horrible. Do not get a "Gaming" chair. Get yourself a proper ergonomic office chair. I actually use the same one that everyone likes from this review and it is a good choice as long as you're not to big for it. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

One thing I learned looking for a chair is they have weight ratings and if you want the thing to last you actually want one with a significantly higher rating than your actual weight because when one “flops” into a chair the drop briefly makes one effectively weigh much more.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

17 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Gaming chairs are gimmick and horrible. Do not get a "Gaming" chair. Get yourself a proper ergonomic office chair. I actually use the same one that everyone likes from this review and it is a good choice as long as you're not to big for it. 

I don't actually mind office chair, I prefer it in fact, however I just don't find anything from the ergo side that answer my need - I don't even buy it for game, want something that make my WFH a little more comfortable and can double as my coach. 

Cooler Master R2 just seem to answer my need fairly well, if you have some ergo chair that have similar capability I am all ear

35 minutes ago, e22big said:

What make this chair offer such a good wrranty policy at this price point? is warranty even that important? how are they compared to one another

Most likely because the cost of maintaining the support staff (which I think only knows how to replace the broken one with a new one) is cheaper than actually improving the quality of the chair.

I agree with previous responses about not buying gaming chairs. If you take a side-by-side comparision between a "gaming" chair and an actual racing seat, you can see a lot of similarities, with the "gaming" chair being worse at every design factor. A racing seat keeps your body in place, not moving around when you are in an high G-force accident, which is why the chair has those edges that limit your body's movement .You will definitely not going to experience high G-forces when you sit down playing games in front of a desk, so those edges will make your seating experience horribly uncomfortable unless your body shape fits and compliments the chair.

35 minutes ago, e22big said:

here any better option that I could spend my money on? I am willing to spend up 500 buck if there something that offer a significant improvement over this choice (including warranty policy).

The Autonomous ErgoChair 2 at 367 usd (according to Autonomous official website) is my recommendation. Even tho the 2-year warranty program is way shorter than the Anda program, the build and material quality is miles better than those cheapo gaming chair. Here is the link to the listing: https://www.autonomous.ai/office-chairs/ergonomic-chair

Edited by ProBottler
being a stupid man and forgot plurals

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream
thank you :D 

if you're going to buy *any* gaming chair, buy noblechairs.. because they're the only one that actually got an ergonomics rating to back up how long they claim you can sit on them.

but past that.. i follow the thread's notion: look towards actually propper office chairs, for following reasons:

- like before mentioned, the ergonomics ratings. expensive office chairs invest A LOT in that stuff, because employers like to pay to keep their employees' backs straight.

- build quality. so far noble has been the best build quality i've found.. and it's "okay"..

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

if you're going to buy *any* gaming chair, buy noblechairs.. because they're the only one that actually got an ergonomics rating to back up how long they claim you can sit on them

Where is that rating exactly, I'm interested in this point.

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream
thank you :D 

3 minutes ago, ProBottler said:

Most likely because the cost of maintaining the support staff (which I think only knows how to replace the broken one with a new one) is cheaper than actually improving the quality of the chair.

I agree with previous response about not buying gaming chair. If you take a side-by-side comparision between a "gaming" chair and an actual racing seat, you can see a lot of similarities, with the "gaming" chair being worse at every design factor. A racing seat keeps your body in place, not moving around when you are in an high G-force accident, which is why the chair has those edges that limits your body part's movement .You will definitely not going to experience high G-forces when you sit down playing games in front of a desk, so those edges will make your seating experience horribly uncomfortable unless your body shape fits and compliment the chair.

The Autonomous ErgoChair 2 at 367 usd (according to Autonomous official website) is my recommendation. Even tho the 2-year warranty program is way shorter than the Anda program, the build and material quality is miles better than those cheapo gaming chair. Here is the link to the listing: https://www.autonomous.ai/office-chairs/ergonomic-chair

Thanks man, will look into that, hope they have their a dealer from where I live. Definitely need to try and sit on that.

1 minute ago, ProBottler said:

Where is that rating exactly, I'm interested in this point.

i'd have to dig it up again, but essentially there's at least a basic standardization for what kind of support a chair needs to offer, for a certain length of time of sitting before it becomes "unhealthy".

a lot of the gaming chair brands brabble on about "comfort for extended gaming sessions", but havent bothered actually backing up that claim with a validation process (most likely because they wont pass)

5 hours ago, e22big said:

I don't actually mind office chair, I prefer it in fact, however I just don't find anything from the ergo side that answer my need - I don't even buy it for game, want something that make my WFH a little more comfortable and can double as my coach. 

Cooler Master R2 just seem to answer my need fairly well, if you have some ergo chair that have similar capability I am all ear

“Gaming” chairs ARE office chairs. They’re just low end ones covered in bold graphics and bright colors and they get their price doubled.  There will always be a non gaming version for much less money that is identical in Every way but color.  I used to think that proprietary rgb was as low as the gaming industry could sink but “gaming” furniture is lower yet.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 4/4/2021 at 2:47 AM, Bombastinator said:

“Gaming” chairs ARE office chairs. They’re just low end ones covered in bold graphics and bright colors and they get their price doubled.  There will always be a non gaming version for much less money that is identical in Every way but color.  I used to think that proprietary rgb was as low as the gaming industry could sink but “gaming” furniture is lower yet.

well, if you can name any that offer the same feature at the same price or lower then just name it - because I look and I don't find anything that get even remotely close

CM is fine because they don't look too gamery I can pass that just another black chair furniture

2 hours ago, e22big said:

well, if you can name any that offer the same feature at the same price or lower then just name it - because I look and I don't find anything that get even remotely close

CM is fine because they don't look too gamery I can pass that just another black chair furniture

How about naming actually identical chairs?  You think cooler master went “hey, lets just Build a chair factory”? Chairs are actually quite hard to make because of the ergonomics involved.  My memory is there are several videos on this one.  It’s old news.

On 4/5/2021 at 5:22 PM, Bombastinator said:

How about naming actually identical chairs?  You think cooler master went “hey, lets just Build a chair factory”? Chairs are actually quite hard to make because of the ergonomics involved.  My memory is there are several videos on this one.  It’s old news.

Well, CM for no other reason, they didn't look overly gamery, they are the only one that offer just a plain black chair without any obnoxious stripe and logo

But really, I was just looking for a chair that offer a wild range of back adjustment and actually stable in horizontal position and they seem to be doing that pretty well based on a few reviews I saw. I watched Gamer Nexus video about this topic that somebody posted earlier and overall I am really not that impressed, his method wasn't scientific and the overall video is basically a rant on how much he hate a chair (the only detail he provided on how gaming chair sucked is that he tried to make it and everything seem to be coming from the same factory) 

To be fair, I am not dead on a gaming chair, I'll gladly take anything that fit my need and budget. But most office chair can't do back adjust and aren't as tall enough to support my head when I sit upright (I am quite tall) - and the one that do cost substantially more 

On 4/3/2021 at 9:14 AM, e22big said:

I am looking to buy a gaming chair (or actually any ergonomic chair for that matter), right now I am kind of interested in Cooler Master R2 but then I found out this CHAIR ANDA-SEAT AXE E-SERIES (BLACK) which slightly cheaper but offer 6 years warrant insteado CM 2 years. 

What make this chair offer such a good wrranty policy at this price point? is warranty even that important? how are they compared to one another and is there any better option that I could spend my money on? I am willing to spend up 500 buck if there something that offer a significant improvement over this choice (including warranty policy).

I am especially value the ability to adjust the seat angle, essentially turning the chair into a bed

dont get a gaming chair, they have bad ergonomics, use cheaper materials, and are overpriced. i would say, go to a store physically (if you can) and try out their ergonomic office chairs, and find one thats in your price range and comfortable.

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

30 minutes ago, e22big said:

Well, CM for no other reason, they didn't look overly gamery, they are the only one that offer just a plain black chair without any obnoxious stripe and logo

But really, I was just looking for a chair that offer a wild range of back adjustment and actually stable in horizontal position and they seem to be doing that pretty well based on a few reviews I saw. I watched Gamer Nexus video about this topic that somebody posted earlier and overall I am really not that impressed, his method wasn't scientific and the overall video is basically a rant on how much he hate a chair (the only detail he provided on how gaming chair sucked is that he tried to make it and everything seem to be coming from the same factory) 

To be fair, I am not dead on a gaming chair, I'll gladly take anything that fit my need and budget. But most office chair can't do back adjust and aren't as tall enough to support my head when I sit upright (I am quite tall) - and the one that do cost substantially more 

You want to spend a giant pile of money on a chair you can still do it with office chairs.  It’s what I wound up having to do.  I threw out my back and I’m fat.  Fat sucks for swivel chairs because they have weight limits and you don’t only just want to be under them you want to be well under them.  There was one (1) chair in existence that had an over 400lb weight limit and adjustable lumbar support and it was made by steelcase.  Damn thing ate almost my entire pc replacement budget.

On 4/4/2021 at 1:19 AM, Skiiwee29 said:

Not to disrespect my man Skiiwee29 but what about the gaming peformance 🙂  however seriously if want to know a good gaming chair look for onex chairs or just look at dick smith.