Project "Cheappy"

jeffrey_rodriguez

Really nice ;)

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

Very nice! Maybe cover the sticker on the PSU?

infact I might do that, went out this afternoon looking for some flat black or matte black sticker to cover my psu,

thanks jay123

Looks awesome considering its a cheap build! Good going man! :D

FX 8350 Black Edition 4.2Ghz

Palit GTX 580 1.5gb

H80i ,TX850, Corsair 300R

Hi guys!!!, huge thanks for the compliments... 

The h60 performed better after the mod

stock h60 temp:

82 degrees celcious after running IntelBurn in test @high

after h60 modification:

67 degrees celcious after running IntelBurn In test TWICE!! one after the other@high :D

it was a farely good result, so i don't regret what i did to my h60

"maybe because there was such amount of water added to the system that made temps lower...." :)

i had the h60 running for about 3hours before i installed it to my system,, 

WOOOOO great improvment. Have you considered adding another radiator to the loop? Maybe another 120 rad?

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

Good job on the H60 mod 

*Corsair 500r * Intel Pentium G3258 @ 4,3 Ghz * 4GB RAM * WD 1TB HDD * Samsung 840 Evo 120GB * MSI GTX 960 4GB * Asus Z97 AR *Corsair VS650 * #KILLEDMYWIFE

WOOOOO great improvment. Have you considered adding another radiator to the loop? Maybe another 120 rad?

hi Tito! I think that would be it for now, I am more interested in upgrading the cpu and motherboard soon.

and next is getting myself a dremel and replace the 140cm fan in the front and put two 120's

I wasn't sure about the colour scheme at first but in that final pic it looks really nice, plus nice idea to mod the H60 into your custom loop!

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

That modded H60 is SICK!  I have no idea if that makes any tangible improvement to performance, but what a party piece to an otherwise low key and very clean build!

"Townes van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." - Steve Earle

Love how you've taken out Corsairs tubing and put in your own! 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

infact I might do that, went out this afternoon looking for some flat black or matte black sticker to cover my psu,

thanks jay123

You're welcome

"An Excellent Signature"

The pump of the H60 is very weak, so another 120 rad might not work. 

The pump of the H60 is very weak, so another 120 rad might not work. 

ow,, well thats a bad news.. when i was trying it for the first time and trying to remove the air, i noticed that there is a very small amount of movement on the water, i just thought that it was fine. 

thanks for the info virusal19.

ow,, well thats a bad news.. when i was trying it for the first time and trying to remove the air, i noticed that there is a very small amount of movement on the water, i just thought that it was fine. 

thanks for the info virusal19.

another 120 rad defiantly wont work I will be surprised if that ump holds up under the load you have already lol but still good work

It does look better. Hey Linus feature this rig on the next LiveStream.

i REALLY love this build! thank's for sharing! 

@ hexdsl, thank you very much!!! it was really a challenge building this,, 

@leonard, I could never tell how proud and happy i would be if this build ever get to next live stream, it would be a dream...

@leonard, I could never tell how proud and happy i would be if this build ever get to next live stream, it would be a dream...

You should be because you have demonstrated that a a person doesn't need the most expensive and huge parts to make a good rig. It would be cool if you posted some bench marks of your rig.

Linus stop putting Deathadder mice in your mouth and feature this rig on the next live stream!

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

never expected to see this build on this forum! i saw the modded H60 on facebook. i think it was shared or camshow was tagged in the pic. Hehe awesome!!!

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570k (4GHz OC) Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77N-WiFi RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 760 2GB Reference Boot Drive: Plextor M6S 120GB

Data Drive: 2x mechanical drives PSU: SilverStone ST45SF Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX (modded w/ cpu+gpu watercooling)  :P