Project "Cheappy"

jeffrey_rodriguez

Also how did you sleeve the Semi-Modular PSU? I'm doing it with a CX750m and i don't know whether (I can't spell) to open the PSU and sleeve them that way?

Nice sleeving, good custom job on the cooler, too. 

thank you sir...

Nice build.Hopefully on your next build,you will do fully water loop system because you definitely have skill to do it :)

thank you ExDreamer,, I might do a full waterloop,but not too soon....

Wow. I love the H60 Mod, you really mad that a work of art. I love the way you ran the tubing. But i personally would of gone with an entirely blue build, match the case and Mobo, Maybe a few white accents. Over all, LOVE IT!

Also how did you sleeve the Semi-Modular PSU? I'm doing it with a CX750m and i don't know whether (I can't spell) to open the PSU and sleeve them that way?

thanks Froggyy0!!!  it took me several hours to get the tubing right where it will ran at the shortest way,and also did some wrong cut and wasted some tubing, when i first built my rig the plan was to on blue theme it all started to have some red when i had the ssd and gpu so i just mixed some red sleeving as well

sleeving the psu was a challenge, i had to decide whether to do it or not because of the warranty, but at the end of the day i ended sleeving it anyway, i just burned the tip of the sleeve just at the end of the pins, the melted sleeve is attached to the wires insulator so its not getting anywhere, thats why there are no shrink tubes on some of my connector...... hope it helps and push you to sleeve your psu......thanks again 

thanks Froggyy0!!!  it took me several hours to get the tubing right where it will ran at the shortest way,and also did some wrong cut and wasted some tubing, when i first built my rig the plan was to on blue theme it all started to have some red when i had the ssd and gpu so i just mixed some red sleeving as well

sleeving the psu was a challenge, i had to decide whether to do it or not because of the warranty, but at the end of the day i ended sleeving it anyway, i just burned the tip of the sleeve just at the end of the pins, the melted sleeve is attached to the wires insulator so its not getting anywhere, thats why there are no shrink tubes on some of my connector...... hope it helps and push you to sleeve your psu......thanks again 

Did you manage to get all the cables through the hole? :P

Did you manage to get all the cables through the hole? 

yes,it was a tight fit, and i was able to close the psu case without any bending or deformation, perfectly tight to hold the sleeve and wires that it will not move or be pulled :lol:

So did you just take the top off and sleeve the cables then but the top back or did you take the connector off

So did you just take the top off and sleeve the cables then but the top back or did you take the connector off

I took the top cover off, then wrote the color coding of the wires form pin 1 to 24 on a piece of paper and started to sleeve wires one by one by removing each pin out from the connector, i had to write everything just to make sure, by the way i practiced using the 8 pin connector for the motherboard, then i started doing the 24 pins, i think it took me 4 hours doing just the 8 pins and the 24 pins.....

I took the top cover off, then wrote the color coding of the wires form pin 1 to 24 on a piece of paper and started to sleeve wires one by one by removing each pin out from the connector, i had to write everything just to make sure, by the way i practiced using the 8 pin connector for the motherboard, then i started doing the 24 pins, i think it took me 4 hours doing just the 8 pins and the 24 pins.....

Fair do's I'll give it ago thanks!

Fair do's I'll give it ago thanks!

good luck buddy!!!! hope to see your build soon....

Where did you get the cable seeving

Work Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | GPU: Quadro K1200 | Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Classified | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-2133Mhz | PSU: Seasonic 750W SS-750KM3 80 PLUS Gold | STORAGE: WD 1TB Se Enterprise Grade Drive & Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB NVMe PCIe  | COOLER: Enermax Liqtech 240 -  5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM | CASE: Corsair 600C | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals: Logitech MX Master 2S -- Logitech K840 -- INTEL X520 10Gb NIC -- 3x Acer H236HL -- Build Log | 

Work Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 | Model: Cisco UCS C220 M4 (SFF) | RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Cisco (Samsung) DDR4 2133Mhz | STORAGE: 4x Cisco (Seagate) 900GB 10K 2.5" (RAID 10) - 2x 32GB Cisco FlexFlash Boot Drive (RAID 1) | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | 

Laptop | CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400Mhz | STORAGE: 512GB Hynix NVMe | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Gaming Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G  | Motherboard: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX | RAM: Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4-3000 | PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT 700w 80 PLUS Platinum | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12 | CASE: Louqe Ghost S1 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Build Log in Progress | 

Home Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Quadro P2000 | Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F  | RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) Micron VLP DDR3-1600 ECC | PSU: SUPERMICRO 665W 80 PLUS Bronze | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (RAID 1) - 4x WD 8TB Ultrastar (RAID 10) - Intel SSD D3-S4510 Series 240GB (BOOT)  | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 with 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM | CASE: SUPERMICRO CSE-842TQ-665B 4U | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | Build Log in Progress |

| Pixel 4XL 128GB - Clearly White - Unlocked - Carrier: Visible |

| F@H STATS |

How did you sleeve the SATA power cables heatshrinkless?

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Great first build.  Awesome mod to the H60.

Thanks for sharing.

Where did you get the cable seeving

How did you sleeve the SATA power cables heatshrinkless?

thanks Guppytech..

@AMD lover.. i ordered them..

@Morfy,same thing as i did on my psu, removed wires one by one from the sata connector then insert the sleeve, after that using a torch burn the tip of the sleeve until it melts and quickly pinch it, it will be attached to wires insulator, 

thanks Guppytech..

@AMD lover.. i ordered them..

@Morfy,same thing as i did on my psu, removed wires one by one from the sata connector then insert the sleeve, after that using a torch burn the tip of the sleeve until it melts and quickly pinch it, it will be attached to wires insulator, 

Well, it looks so darn good for that method.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Sweet little rig! Has some really interesting mods!

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

WooooHooooooo.....your build was featured on the 17th May 2013 live stream. Knew it would happen. Really nice build, congrats.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

what size tubing did you use? looking great!! 

WooooHooooooo.....your build was featured on the 17th May 2013 live stream. Knew it would happen. Really nice build, congrats.

congrats Jeffrey on an epic build and getting Build Of The Week  ;)   

wwwwwaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been jumping around the house when I knew that my build is on the build of the week,

hahahahaha. 

Thanks guys......

Thanks Leonard....

Thanks to Linus, Slick and their team