Project "Cheappy"

jeffrey_rodriguez

what size tubing did you use? looking great!! 

thank you...

i think its 3/8's

Awesome mod dude !!

I was thinking of doing this now to my Seidon 120M as well, but also extending the build with another Rad - perhaps a 240 but at least a 120 - but having said that, I know that many people are saying that the pump in the AIO unit

wont be capable.

So what I was thinking of was to maybe add a Dual Bay pump/res combo from XS-PC http://www.xs-pc.com/products/pumps/x2o-750-dual-5-25%E2%80%9D-bay-reservoir-pump/

Not sure if this will push the flow too hard when it gets to the actual Seidon CPU/Pump block and cause any damage or accelerated wear and tear on that unit ?

If that is going to be a bit too much pressure, then would a micro res option perhaps be a better and more suitably tame option for such a project, say for example this little XSPC X2O 450 Pump/Res combo that comes in this kit @ the link ?

http://www.xs-pc.com/?s=XSPC+X2O+450

Just the pump tho of course, not the whole kit. I couldn't find a link that only has just the Pump/Res combo.

Congratulations on getting showcased in the livestream!

This is my favourite build by far, realistic mods on a budget, Thumb's up :)

Congrats for getting Featured on linus'es stream

Love the work on the cables!

thanks guys....

Awesome mod dude !!

I was thinking of doing this now to my Seidon 120M as well, but also extending the build with another Rad - perhaps a 240 but at least a 120 - but having said that, I know that many people are saying that the pump in the AIO unit

wont be capable.

So what I was thinking of was to maybe add a Dual Bay pump/res combo from XS-PC http://www.xs-pc.com/products/pumps/x2o-750-dual-5-25%E2%80%9D-bay-reservoir-pump/

Not sure if this will push the flow too hard when it gets to the actual Seidon CPU/Pump block and cause any damage or accelerated wear and tear on that unit ?

If that is going to be a bit too much pressure, then would a micro res option perhaps be a better and more suitably tame option for such a project, say for example this little XSPC X2O 450 Pump/Res combo that comes in this kit @ the link ?

http://www.xs-pc.com/?s=XSPC+X2O+450

Just the pump tho of course, not the whole kit. I couldn't find a link that only has just the Pump/Res combo.

Hi K1LLRAD!!! 

that's a good plan, but i think a combo res/pump will push hard on the Seidon, i think the combo res/pump have higher rpm and moves a bit more water than the seidon,

if your'e Seidon works fine for you and you are looking for a small improvement without spending too much then what i did would help..

I had about 10 to 15 degrees less when i modded my h60, if your'e looking for a much bigger difference then i guess i have to suggest that you do a full custom water cooling,

but if you really want to add a combo, try this..

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-bay-dcp-2-2-combo-reservoir-acetal.html

or maybe adding a larger diameter tube may help slowing down the flow of water from the combo to your seidon!! hehehey!!! that might be a good idea.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This really bothers me....

But you're maybe getting better performance somehow.2pypdtv.jpg

The Syndicate

Very nice build.

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

This really bothers me....

But you're maybe getting better performance somehow.2pypdtv.jpg

yeah, it bothers me to, it is a constant air leak and no matter how i re arrange the fan and rad it's still the same , but ever since i did the modification temps are lot lot lower so i did not bother on changing the fan, thank you 

What you did there is aweosme. I have a H60 myself and I wanted to buy parts for a custom loop. But I think I will try your method because all I need to buy is a reservoir, and makes the system look amazing. Congrats man. :)

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

What you did there is aweosme. I have a H60 myself and I wanted to buy parts for a custom loop. But I think I will try your method because all I need to buy is a reservoir, and makes the system look amazing. Congrats man. :)

thanks, but before you modify your h60, maybe try listing your temperatures, do some benchmarking, it adds up to the fun, 

thanks, but before you modify your h60, maybe try listing your temperatures, do some benchmarking, it adds up to the fun, 

Hah. Ok, I'll do that and maybe I'll post my results. I'll be entering vacation by the end of this month, and I'll have enough time to do that. :)

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

what tubing is that? like thickness?

It's 3/8's. :)

what tubing is that? like thickness?

It's 3/8's. :)

Thanks maximilian4o!!!! i really need that help, hehehehhehe, because i don't know the size!! hahahah

sorry john walton...

have you tried orientating the rad outlets to be above so that air will be easier to bleed out from the loop?